Konstantin Kalinin

VITO Technology

Tel. +7 383 3320013

Fax +7 838 3399194

[email protected]

VITO UPDATES BUTTONMAPPER FOR WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0

VITO ButtonMapper to double your hardware buttons

86e4c5fe3db99bce155a9a24cd9634e3.gif

September 11, VITO is glad to announce the update of its popular application VITO ButtonMapper 3.42 which makes it fully functional in Windows Mobile 5.0. This application is specially designed to increase the standard button mapping capability of your Pocket PC.

There is no need to pull out a stylus every time you want to perform a routine action like checking your inbox for new e-mails or opening a file from a text editor. You can do it by pressing one and the same hardware button by using handy ButtonMapper’s features.

VITO ButtonMapper is the best way to double the functionality of your Pocket PC’s hardware buttons. This is realized by assigning two actions for a single button: short press or press and hold. This alone brings the interaction with your Pocket PC to a higher level. Using ButtonMapper you can start about 8 different applications by pressing only 4 hardware buttons. But this function is only to begin with.

Among its other useful features are

• assigning different actions for one and the same button depending on which application is running at the moment,

• starting all major system applets,

• stylus taps emulation,

• recording macros.

All these functions used aptly greatly simplify interaction with your Pocket PC and at some point can even prove the uselessness of stylus. You can specially benefit from using VITO ButtonMapper when reading e-books, using text editors, checking your inbox for new messages, turning on bluetooth or wireless conection and many, many more…

The most efficient way of using VITO ButtonMapper is to bundle application dependant assignments with macros recording. What you do is simply assign an application to button. Then you choose this application in configuration menu, start it and record a macros of stylus taps. The last step is to assign the newly created macros to the same button that starts application. Now you can start for instance writing a text just by pressing one and the same button two times.

VITO ButtonMapper is available as an exe., zip. or a cab. file for over-the-air download. Provided trial version works without any limitations for 14 days; the full version can be purchased for $9.95 at the company’s web site www.vitotechnology.com. Volume discounts are available.

Useful links:

VITO Technology - Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone

Read more about VITO ButtonMapper - Windows Mobile button mapping for Pocket PC

Download VITO ButtonMapper - Windows Mobile button mapping for Pocket PC

Buy VITO ButtonMapper - Windows Mobile button mapping for Pocket PC

VITO Technology, LTD., based in a science town Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk, Russia, is known for its high-quality products in field of Pocket PC, and Symbian software, navigation and special custom projects as well.

As easy as VITO.

###

© VITO Technology 2005. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Edited by VITOkonstantin

Guest chucky.egg

I use ButtonMapperon my M500, and (for anyone that's never tried it) it's pretty damn good.

You can assign buttons (the Contacts button for example) to perform one function on the Today screen (I use it to bring up the Start menu), another function in Messaging (PhonePad for me, for one handed texting), and another in PIE (I use it for Back) ... and so on and so on. Every app can have its own assignments

The only downside I find is that:

1) Recording macros isn't that easy, and there are some things you cant do

2) It only applies to the main hardware buttons, not the DPad

All things considered though Id say its great - especially for devices with few buttons (I think some PPCs have more buttons than the M500)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

VITO UPDATES BUTTONMAPPER FOR WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0

VITO ButtonMapper to double your hardware buttons

I installed ButtonMapper 3.4 on my Jam and it is very good but it has one major problem. I use MS Voice Command and ButtonMapper (in version 3.4 at least) doesn't allow me to allocate the VoiceCommand function to any button.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in 3.42?

I installed ButtonMapper 3.4 on my Jam and it is very good but it has one major problem. I use MS Voice Command and ButtonMapper (in version 3.4 at least) doesn't allow me to allocate the VoiceCommand function to any button.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in 3.42?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found a way around the problem. I installed the voice command over bluetooth hack from XDA Developers. I can now activate VC from my headset (I only want to use it in the car anyway) and can therefore use ButtonMapper to give my Jam an extra 4 buttons!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.