Newbie c550 user

Guest jem

I've finally given in to getting one of these as Orange were offering an upgrade on my OVP Virgin sim for free with the handset costing £49.99 - seemed to good to ignore.

I have a question re text messaging. At the moment my Samsung D500 seems to have a long way (takes about 6 bkey presses)of sending a text using a Phonebook entry. Hopefully the c550 is rather quicker?

Also is it possible to use a phone number from within a text message and then save it to phonebook?

Guest davejerome

When you are reading the message, highlight the phone number. Press menu (right soft key), Save to contacts (number 0). Then just fill the details in.

I've finally given in to getting one of these as Orange were offering an upgrade on my OVP Virgin sim for free with the handset costing £49.99 - seemed to good to ignore.

I have a question re text messaging. At the moment my Samsung D500 seems to have a long way (takes about 6 bkey presses)of sending a text using a Phonebook entry. Hopefully the c550 is rather quicker?

Also is it possible to use a phone number from within a text message and then save it to phonebook?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Disco Stu

To send an SMS :

1. Highlight 'New SMS' shortcut on homescreen and click

2. Click in 'To:' field and scroll to select your contact

- Write message

3. Press send button

I doubt you could make it any easier ;)

When you are reading the message, highlight the phone number. Press menu (right soft key), Save to contacts (number 0). Then just fill the details in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do I highlight the phone number in the message itself? When I've tried it seems to save the number the text message came from.

Guest davejerome

Push the joystick down! (as if UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. not In)

How do I highlight the phone number in the message itself?  When I've tried it seems to save the number the text message came from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Push the joystick down! (as if UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. not In)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I did that and it appeared to put a dotted box around the number, I then went into menu, save to contacts, new item, scrolled down and then pressed insert. However the number it inserted was the number the text came from.

Guest davejerome
Yes I did that and it appeared to put a dotted box around the number, I then went into menu, save to contacts, new item, scrolled down and then pressed insert. However the number it inserted was the number the text came from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, touché.

I guess there is no official way of doing it then.

All i can think of is

1)Select the number in the text

2)Press Green and confirm call

3)Press Red before the call connects

4)When back on the main home screen press Green again

5)Left softkey will save the last dialed number (being the one in the text!)

oh and then relax knowing you are one botton better of than the samsung!

Edited by davejerome

Ah, touché.

I guess there is no official way of doing it then.

All i can think of is

1)Select the number in the text

2)Press Green and confirm call

3)Press Red before the call connects

4)When back on the main home screen press Green again

5)Left softkey will save the last dialed number (being the one in the text!)

oh and then relax knowing you are one botton better of than the samsung!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry - the Samsung couldn't do it at all!

It was the finding of a number from the phonebook to send a text that took 6 button presses.