little "G"

Guest mdor

Hello

I always have that little G from GPRS in my screen. I know, when i push the stop button it disappears. But 1 min later it appears again. How can chance the settings, that the little G ist only visible, when i use the IE?

The other things is: I completely deactivatet GPRS, because the little G got on my nervs. When i have completely deactivatet it, the battery life is almost the double. There must be any programs working in the background, although the task manager is't showing anything. What could it be?

Thanks

Hello

I always have that little G from GPRS in my screen. I know, when i push the stop button it disappears. But 1 min later it appears again. How can chance the settings, that the little G ist only visible, when i use the IE?

The other things is: I completely deactivatet GPRS, because the little G got on my nervs. When i have completely deactivatet it, the battery life is almost the double. There must be any programs working in the background, although the task manager is't showing anything. What could it be?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try checking your email account settings, make sure that "connect automatically and check for messages:....." is set to Never

This is on the last page of your phones e-mail setup under options.

Guest mupwangle

Is that the little G in the block at the middle of the screen or is it the little G that appears as part of the signal indicator? One just says that GPRS is available and the other one is that GPRS is being used.

Guest Chris Edwards

Have you signed out of MSN? Even if you hit the 'end' key and it kills your GPRS connection, MSN will try to sign back in (which will start another GPRS session) until you sign out.

I never sign in in msn, i dont use it. I asked orange. They told, thats everytime i change the cell, GPERS logs in and that causes datatransfer. But can it be? then you should have this problem to

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem.

The little "g" stays on wehen I used the Internet Explorer or Active Sync.

I have to manually press the red button.

I tried to hardreset the phone, but that didn´t solved the problem.

Have you any idea?

mewi

Guest omar_g

It is just telling you that your subscription is GPRS capable. When you swap cell stations (the trasmitters used by your network) the phone is told again, "Yep, this guy has GPRS subscription."

It doesn't transfer any data via GPRS at all though.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I have 2 "G".

I thing the one in the middle is telling me that GPRS is available.

The right one is telling me that GPRS is connected.

Any idea?

mewi

Guest omar_g
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I have 2 "G".

I thing the one in the middle is telling me that GPRS is available.

The right one is telling me that GPRS is connected.

Any idea?

mewi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mewi,

You are right, but have the two the wrong way around. The small G next to your reception meter (right hand side) is telling you GPRS is availble and you are able to use it.

The one in the centre of your screen means your phone maintains an "always on" connection to GPRS rather than connecting "When needed". This means your phone will send a few bytes of data bakc and forth to your cell site at regular intervals, when you do go online it should be faster to connect.

thanks you your reply,

I dont´s have any automatic email connections.

When I switch on the phone, there´s only the middle "G". no problem.

But when I surf the web, the right "G" is there too. but don´t gooes away for hours. Until I manually disconnect with the hang-up-button.

I am sure, that I am always dialed in, because my 8310 got a public IP adress.

And I can always ping this address from internet.

When I press the red hang-up button, the connection is away.

any idea?

mewi