T9 input

Guest martynstar

Guest martynstar

Hey everyone!

Got my Kjam this morning and loving it!

only 1 question so far, perfect success connecting to wifi and what not! Copilot 5 works a dream... but this thumbpad text input

if i type in a word and its not in the dictionary how do i add it? so far i have been having to put the words in one, by one and then spell check the text msg and add the words to the dictionary, and is proving to be a heck of a difficult time!!

Help please!!

Guest MitchellO

You switch to standard phonepad entry (aka. put 2 twice for B, three for C, etc) and type your word. It them gets added to the T9 thing. Worked great on my Mini for all the extra words. I haven't used T9 on my KJAM yet, the keyboard is just too good :D

Alright, I used it once to SMS one handed :)

Guest bennish
You switch to standard phonepad entry (aka. put 2 twice for B, three for C, etc) and type your word. It them gets added to the T9 thing. Worked great on my Mini for all the extra words. I haven't used T9 on my KJAM yet, the keyboard is just too good :D

Alright, I used it once to SMS one handed :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think what he means is when you're using the keyboard, and sometimes suggests a word - how would one add a word to that.

I'm not exactly sure, but i have noticed a few words that i know for sure aren't in the dictionary, come up after i've used them in a text message. not sure what determines the addition of them tho.

Guest martynstar
I just type the words in and they get themselves added when using the keyboard. I have several added now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, i think im getting it now!!

What you used to do on the old smartphones, was if it didnt come up under the t9input you can add word, then it would be in there for next time!

I guess with this phone you just put the word in and it adds it to the dictionary automatically, cool but baffling at first! There's no mention of this at all in the manual!

Thanks Guys! :)

• 1 year later...
Guest jim.mason
Ok, i think im getting it now!!

What you used to do on the old smartphones, was if it didnt come up under the t9input you can add word, then it would be in there for next time!

I guess with this phone you just put the word in and it adds it to the dictionary automatically, cool but baffling at first! There's no mention of this at all in the manual!

Thanks Guys! :D

Does anyone know where the actual dictionary is stored and whether it can be edited. :)