Backup Tool

Guest Dade

Guest Pondrew

Does the official Activesync 4.1 backup feature work? I know this feature was non functioning in the previously leaked version but it seems to have been enabled again for release. At least, it works with my WM2003SE MDA III.

Does the official Activesync 4.1 backup feature work? I know this feature was non functioning in the previously leaked version but it seems to have been enabled again for release. At least, it works with my WM2003SE MDA III.

I must be blind, I cant see the option. I have the AS that came with the device. Where is it?

can you re-post that link, it didnt work for me. Which build is this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You cant backup wm2005 devices from activesync (4/4.1), and all the 3rd party apps don't work properly or just don't work at all.

Best method I have at the moment is to backup the whole reg with Phm Regedit, and use Sunnysoft Backup Manager and backup the whole device with that as well.

This removes all unnecessary icons in control panel and keeps my user info and files.

I would say give sunnysoft a whirl by itself, it should be sufficient.

Does anyone know why the backup feature of activesync has been removed for WM5 devices? I can't see any good reason for it.

Maybe MS are going to start selling a backup tool?! :)

Guest stanthebiker
have any of these programs actually been tested & *confirmed working* on a Universal /M5000 ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used the Jeyo Mobile Companion on my MDA Pro. It worked in the limited capacity in which I used it. (ie. copying SIM contacts).

Its a free downloadable 15 day trial, give it a whirl.

Guest philtech44
I used the Jeyo Mobile Companion on my MDA Pro. It worked in the limited capacity in which I used it. (ie. copying SIM contacts).

Its a free downloadable 15 day trial, give it a whirl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this require Active Sync? as I havent got that working...

If not does anyone know of a standalone utility that works?

have any of these programs actually been tested & *confirmed working* on a Universal /M5000 ???

Sunnysoft backup manager works fine me. You need ActiveSync to install it but you dont need AS to run the backup/restore.

Guest philtech44
Yes, it needs ActiveSync.

Whats your problem with ActiveSync?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Using a mac... running Virtual PC 7.0

ActiveSync not recognising M5000 by USB however Virtual PC does...

Others have got this working apparently... :?:

Guest stanthebiker
Using a mac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, you brought it upon yourself then. :twisted:

Once you have connected the M5000, try hitting the Power button on the side to 'wake up' the M5000. Put the M5000 to sleep and then wake it up if necessary.

I find that sometimes my PC doesnt recognise the MDA Pro until I do this.

Oh, you brought it upon yourself then.  :twisted:

Once you have connected the M5000, try hitting the Power button on the side to 'wake up' the M5000. Put the M5000 to sleep and then wake it up if necessary.

Im glad Im not the only one that has to cycle the power to get it to sync.

Guest philtech44
Oh, you brought it upon yourself then.  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah haa sounds feasible - will do tonite

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Morituri
and it works a treat too!

I schedule a daily backup which writes to my SD card... and Ive restored from the backups too with no problem whatsoever!  faultless!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I ask if you have restored a whole machine after a hard reset? Regestry, etc.