should I get an M500

Guest theoriginalzoomer

Guest theoriginalzoomer

Hi,

I can get an M500 from Orange for free as I am on a business tariff and they do have them in stock.

Currently I have a Sony Ericsson K700i which I'm very happy with but am interested in the increased funtionality of the M500.

I've read the review on this site and it was extremely helpful.

However I have a few questions.......

Does anyone have an M500 and sync it sucessfully with a mac?

Wi-Fi card - is it worth buying one?

GPS - is it worth buying this too?

Mp3 playback - My 20Gb iPod is dead so this would be a partial replacement, is the sound quality tip-top?

Thanks in advance to all that answer.

Cheers,

Zoom

Guest scoobytwo

well i had a k700i before i got my m500 and it takes a bit to get used to, as id assume most PPCs would be had you not used one.

I think the main thing is that it is a PCC fist then a phone. it feels like its missing some of the things an average mobile has or its just not as fast to to certain 'mobile phone' type things. Mayeb its just me. It is reat however and im glad i got one.

Cant comment on using it with a mac.

Guest stew1982

hi,

I use my M500 with a mac and Pocketmac Pro.

Works well, and it is even possible to install .exe files using it.

It isnt perfect though, the occasional crash and re-connect is required.

definately a good pocket pc/phone - although the phone functionality does come in second best.

Guest chucky.egg

WiFi and GPS would depend on whether you have a need for them, and whether you already have the other parts of the equation.

I use WiFi at home to access my ADSL line on the M500 - much faster and effectively free. If you have a Wireless network then it might well be worth it - they're only about £25 I think

To use GPS you'll need some software on the phone to make use of the GPS data. I use TomTom Navigator which is just great, but is expensive. Depending on what you want to do with the GPS you might be better off finding some more basic software and buying a £40 GPS from eBay.