iPhone theme

Guest chrisc28

Guest chrisc28

ss.gif

The iPhone theme, completely reworked with smoother graphics. Since it's specific for the Tornado models, I might as well post it here.

I've uploaded it to the Downloads section, but for some reason it hasn't shown up yet. Everyone should be able to download it when it's up.

Note that this is different from the earlier version based on the C550 version.

EDIT:

Since Modaco doesn't seem to accept my submission (no offence, but what happened??), I've decided to put it up on my personal site for download.

http://www.chrixkit.net/se/themes.html

Enjoy!

Edited by chrisc28

Guest chrisc28
It's a shame that you need the Orange plug-in.  I'd love to have that theme on my phone.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, the beauty of this theme I made is that you don't need the Orange plugin at all.

I dislike the use of the Orange plugin too. It discriminates against non-Orange users. :)

Now, when is it going to get approved by the mods.

Guest rookie1082

So chris, are you saying that this version that is currently available for download, DOES infact need the orange plugin?

And also that you are waiting for the mods to put up the iphone theme that DOESN'T need the orange plugin?

Just clarifying :)

Guest roma0803
Sorry, I had been really busy these past few days. Just completed my exams and had to take a breather.

Check the edited first post on downloading this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot chris28. I see there's more :) Hope you passed your exams.

Guest rookie1082

Great theme, chris. However, i'm having trouble with the menu on the bottom of the screen... I cannot browse past "ical" and the appointments box that pops up... So basically i can only browse through "finder", "Inbox", and "ical". I cannot get to the rest of the icons on the bottom of the screen.

PS: I only installed the WM5_OCX file that came with your zip. I didnt do anything with the RJShortcut.rar... was i supposed to?

Edited by rookie1082

Sorry, I had been really busy these past few days. Just completed my exams and had to take a breather.

Check the edited first post on downloading this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Nice looking theme, but i'm having trouble installing it. When i execute the wm5_osx.cab i get a error message saying that i do not have permissions to install.

Any clue why?

I began to install it manually but when i came to the reg edit part i gave up. :)

So now it's not fully functionally.

/T

Guest roma0803
Great theme, chris.  However, i'm having trouble with the menu on the bottom of the screen...  I cannot browse past "ical" and the appointments box that pops up...  So basically i can only browse through "finder", "Inbox", and "ical".  I cannot get to the rest of the icons on the bottom of the screen.

PS:  I only installed the WM5_OCX file that came with your zip.  I didnt do anything with the RJShortcut.rar... was i supposed to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's why it goes with it. You need to install the RJShortcut plugin to let the homescreen function properly.

Hi,

Nice looking theme, but i'm having trouble installing it. When i execute the wm5_osx.cab i get a error message saying that i do not have permissions to install.

Any clue why?

I began to install it manually but when i came to the reg edit part i gave up.  :)

So now it's not fully functionally.

/T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to unlock your phone. There are a couple of posts in this Tornado forum that cover that issue and give you step by step instructions how to do that.

Edited by roma0803

After unlocking the phone the installation worked fine. But however i have the same problem as before the complete installation.

When i select a meny item the other information disappear, such as all info in the top bar, date, time and carrier info. Is the theme working like this or is something wrong with my installation?

/T

Guest roma0803
After unlocking the phone the installation worked fine. But however i have the same problem as before the complete installation.

When i select a meny item the other information disappear, such as all info in the top bar, date, time and carrier info. Is the theme working like this or is something wrong with my installation?

/T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems to be working this way. With me this same behavior appears, when selecting something from the menu at the bottom, the info on the desktop like carrier and time dissapear.

Guest chrisc28
I just saw this post and I don't know if that's the reason but maybe you can't upload your theme to MoDaCo cause there is already a theme called iPhone, namely mine...

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=221777&hl=iphone

Just a guess...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting! I never knew it existed. Nice theme too! Oh well, I'd probably rename it if I have to.

In the meantime, I'm not too worried since I've got it hosted properly at my own place.

Edited by chrisc28

Nope ... not working. Still can't scroll past iCal .... I installed both .cab on the storage card as memory is running low. Hope that's not the issue. I am using the SP5 if that helps.