Orange C600 announced in Romania

Guest cold_fire

Guest cold_fire

The new Orange C600 is announced in Romania sometime after december the 5th .It's price will be about

279 $ + VAT. Now there aren't to many informations about it on the internet ,i found it on www.orange.fr

and on www.windowsmobile.com where they say it runs Windows Mobile 2003 not like www.orange.fr where WM5 is presented,on the HTC site it is not present

and therefor i am kind of confused .I am very pleased about my C500 now and was wondering if it worths

upgrading to C600 .I wanted to buy a digital camera wich is about half of the price of the phone and

the pictures quality cannot be compared .My dillema is not knowing what to do if to upgrade to C600 or

to buy a digital camera .As far as i know improvements to C600 are a lot :

-Windows Mobile 2005

-More RAM memory

-Better procesor

-1.3 MP camera with acceptable picture quality

-EDGE

-USB 2.0 for faster uploading\downloading from\to the phone

-Improved Active Sync 4.1

-QVGA screen with up to 18 bit color depth capable ,only 16 bit hardware support

-Based on the HTC Tornado (Faraday)

-integrated data counter for browsing and so on .

* note all this infos were taken from www.coolsmartphone.com

I have contacted Orange Romania to find out more infos about C600 but i think that there answer will be

to watch their website for news .It looks like the secret is kept well .

So owners of C600 are welcomed with any advice as well as anyone that has something to say in this topic .

Thanx ,Cold_Fire ,Romania .

There's a lot of discussion on the c600 here

Umm.. I'd probably get the c600, the screen is so much better than the c500 and great for homescreens :) Also, you'd probably have it on you all the time so you can pretty much take photos any time, unless you carry your digi cam with you 24/7

dont count on it. they keep saying that but will push the dates back even further.

im actually seriously considering switching networks today simply because i cant get a hold of C600.

Edited by Tech

Guest cold_fire
There's a lot of discussion on the c600 here

Umm.. I'd probably get the c600, the screen is so much better than the c500 and great for homescreens  :) Also, you'd probably have it on you all the time so you can pretty much take photos any time, unless you carry your digi cam with you 24/7

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The screen is not so important to me as i am very satisfied with the res of C500 but you are right about the 24/7 .Thanx !

Guest cold_fire
Phuck sake - in Romania but still not in the UK!  :roll:  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry m8 ,i am surprised as well but i think it will take a long time until it will be available .

Guest cold_fire
dont count on it. they keep saying that but will push the dates back even further.

im actually seriously considering switching networks today simply because i cant get a hold of C600.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you find C600 on another network than Orange ?Changing netwok might not b a good solution .

Guest cold_fire

Problem solved !I gave up C600 and bought a digital camera .Mayb later i'll aquire C600 or its succesor .The big step i took when i changed my Siemens C60 with SPV C500 ,this step from C500 to C600 is not so big .So for now i made my choice . :)

The C600 has appeared in Cluj today at the Orange shop as promised !!!

the price is 1,037 ron (279$ without VAT),

I hope this is the day that I will buy one if they not run out of stock until evening

got it :)

the price whithout a plan is 1,090 ron (293$ without VAT)

i have 1 year experience with C500, until now i think that is worth upgrading to C600...

the only problem i see now is the lack of native software for WM5, but this will change in time

Guest Adrian.Albu

I got one! (in Brasov, Romania)

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!

I already changed 2 times. The first one had a RED pixel, and the second was full of DUST under the screen cover.

I hope this one will be ok.

Guest miragerobert
Adrian.Albu that sucks... it was in a box, sealed?  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's be serious.. it's Romania for god sake..

everything can hapen hier..

adriane.. merita? ca ma mananca sa-mi iau si eu..

procesorul e tot de 200? pls raspunde-mi aici sau pe miragerobert pe mess..

Something more interesting..

the price of m3000.. still a mistery.. at least for me..

i hear that will be about 400$ in a happy case..

Edited by miragerobert

Guest Adrian.Albu

Yes, both were sealed.

I'm happy that I discover the red pixel in the first day because in Romania Orange change the phone only in the first day, after that it's the service for repair!!!

miragerobert - I'm very pleased with the phone. More detail on mess el_adi

Anyway I have a big disapointment : the USB is 1 not 2 so the speed is still very low!!!!

Edited by Adrian.Albu

Guest cold_fire
got it :)

the price whithout a plan is 1,090 ron (293$ without VAT)

i have 1 year experience with C500, until now i think that is worth upgrading to C600...

the only problem i see now is the lack of native software for WM5, but this will change in time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The software will appear soon. Congrats !

Guest cold_fire
I got one! (in Brasov, Romania)

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!

I already changed 2 times. The first one had a RED pixel, and the second was full  of DUST under the screen cover.

I hope this one will be ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So it is in Brasov as well .Congrats to u as well .

Guest cold_fire
Yes, both were sealed.

I'm happy that I discover the red pixel in the first day because in Romania Orange change the phone only in the first day, after that it's the service for repair!!!

miragerobert - I'm very pleased with the phone. More detail on mess el_adi

Anyway I have a big disapointment : the USB is 1 not 2 so the speed is still very low!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have u tried the latest Active Sync from www.windowsmobile.com ? 'Cause on the CD it may not b the latest version .

Guest cold_fire
Let's be serious.. it's Romania for god sake..

everything can hapen hier..

adriane.. merita? ca ma mananca sa-mi iau si eu..

procesorul e tot de 200? pls raspunde-mi aici sau pe miragerobert pe mess..

Something more interesting..

the price of m3000.. still a mistery.. at least for me..

i hear that will be about 400$ in a happy case..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Procesorul trebuie sa fie undeva la 400 Mhz desi informatiile lipsesc docamdata .Depinde din ce punct de vedere privesti telefonul ,adica ce vrei de la el pentru a afla daca merita upgradeul .Eu am decis sa nu fac upgrade inca .Oricum daca va fi ca la C500 pretul lui va scadea iar pina atunci vor fi destule informatii despre el .

Guest Adrian.Albu

I 'm pretty sure it's USB 1.0.

For example a 54 Mb file took 9 sec on my card reader and about two and a half minutes on the latest activesync(4.1), so I don't have any doubt about that.

The CPU is 195 MHz but the phone is faster than C500. Is more responsive and the Apps is loading faster.

Some other things:

- Is missing the Sim MAnager, I can't delete files with system atribute with file explorer but you can get this apps from any C500 and it works prety well.

- it's imposible to see somthing on the display with backlight off because when the backlight goes off the display also goes off. On the other way if you set the display time out to never the backlight dims a little but stay on forever (suck the life out from the battery- for a full charge i get 6 hour)

- i like a lot the new style of the call screen BUT the picture is too small and I can't find any settings for

Guest cold_fire
I 'm pretty sure it's USB 1.0.

For example a 54 Mb file took 9 sec on my card reader and about two and a half minutes on the latest activesync(4.1), so I don't have any doubt about that.

The CPU is 195 MHz but the phone is faster than C500. Is more responsive and the Apps is loading faster.

Some other things:

- Is missing the Sim MAnager, I can't delete files with system atribute with file explorer but you can get this apps from any C500 and it works prety well.

- it's imposible to see somthing on the display with backlight off because when the backlight goes off the display also goes off. On the other way if you set the display time out to never the backlight dims a little but stay on forever (suck the life out from the battery- for a full charge i get 6 hour)

- i like a lot the new style of the call screen BUT the picture is too small and I can't find any settings for

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Solutions and applications will b out for C600 soon .Don't forget that it has not yet appeared in some countries .It may b as you say with the transfer ,that means that USB 2.0 promised ain't avilable .I read somewhere on the forum about a driver for the phone to be seen as a storage device making the transfer faster .Search the site and mayb it will work better than the active sync soultion .The comparison with a card reader is kinda big ,the card reader is designed to do that while the mini USB port from the phone is not so important .It looks like the C600 does not look as the C600 speculated on the net .Slow processor as well and USB slow speed .Solutions may arise as the phone is yet a newcomer .See ya !

Edited by cold_fire

In France the M3000 is 239 euros, whilst the c600 is at 99 (both with min12 months subscription and the lowest price subscription ~ 20e/month).

Well, actually the price for the c600 is starting from 39, but with Orange Pro subscription :-)

Nice to see that orange.ro is ahead of other orange carriers ;-)

As win smartphone in Romania, one have only 2 solution: Motorola Mpx220 on Vodafone (rare) and Spv c600 from Orange.

Well, that Moto is kinda old news, so i have now, for 2 days, a c600, my ol' c500 is now my wife toy.

I'm very happy with c600, pity is the HTC Faraday, meaning no WiFi.

Hi guys... Seems like a lot of romanian people get the hands on C600... :-) Me too... I also decertified it (application unlock) but there are not so many homescreens available... or at least I couldn't find them. I've installed one called OSX and it worked. The one from DrBlow though, didn't... Maybe the Orange plugin is missing in this phone???

Some of the applications I had on C500 worked. Like Smart TaskManager or Smart Explorer... I'll try some others and if interested, I'll keep you posted.

Regards,