Orange C600 announced in Romania

Guest cold_fire

You don't need Smart Explorer, you can send files via BT with Explorer from WM5, works fine for me.

Pls. give me some details about application unlock for C600 !

Edited by Danko

You don't need Smart Explorer, you can send files via BT with Explorer from WM5, works fine for me.

Pls. give me some details about application unlock for C600 !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After some more checking, I found out that there was not a "real" unlocking, what I did... But it's enough to install homescreens and some applications... though, some other applications (TinyGPS, Tweaks2K2) are sayin that the phone is locked...

I found here on MODACO a topic that describe how to change 2 registry keys in order to perform some sort of unlocking... I thing it is granting access to some restricted areas of the phone.

The 2 keys were:

HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/00001001

HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/00001005

You should change the value for the first to 1 (default was 2) and for the second to 40 (default was 16).

Now I've wrote to the guys from the developers.orange to send me the certificate security application. I'm waiting for an answer

Guest cold_fire
Hi guys... Seems like a lot of romanian people get the hands on C600... :-) Me too... I also decertified it (application unlock) but there are not so many homescreens available... or at least I couldn't find them. I've installed one called OSX and it worked. The one from DrBlow though, didn't... Maybe the Orange plugin is missing in this phone???

Some of the applications I had on C500 worked. Like Smart TaskManager or Smart Explorer... I'll try some others and if interested, I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Applications will b out soon ,so far indeed there aren't to many homescreens but very soon the standard will be 320x240 .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cold_fire

Today i went to Orange Shop to test C600 and here are some impresions :

- allthough the design is very much similar to C500 ,with the exception of the sharp edges ,it looks better than C500

- The joystick of C600 seems to be inferior to C500

- the screen is definitely better than C500

- the menu is different as well

- there is more ram memory even if the procesor seems to be the same as on C500

What i could not find out is if C600 has the famous "Tsss" noise the 16.66 second distorsion that was found on C500 .So if there is anyone that can make a short test and tell me the results i will be satisfied .All u have to do is listen to some quiet music like Enya or relaxing music and tell me if u hear the tsss noise .

Thx . ;)

Guest cold_fire
Thanx 4 the reply ,any more details ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The latest news is that i have ...a....new...phone C600 .Now i can answer my own questions . ;)