Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550

Picodrive works a charm on the Wizard.

Not sure what the equivalents of home and back are for pocket snes :-/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no equivalent in PocketSNES. The option was never available on that emulator. It only saves your game on termination and restores on startup of the app. If I have time I will add these extra functions into the emulator for convenience. So keep a look out for it here.

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
PicoDrive update 04-12-2005.

OK guys, I think this will be my final release of PicoDrive.

New updates :
1. All new menus added to emulator. This can now be activated during game play.
2. PicoDrive KeySettings.exe is no longer required. I have coded new key config screens into the app itself, so please use it to reconfig key mappings.
3. I have moved ScreenMode, Game Load/Save, into the menu system, but have allowed key mappings to these options for direct access from within game.
4. Included options to load new rom/reset/resume without restarting emulator each time.
5. Please use the exit option to cleanly shutdown app.

OK, I think that about wraps it up for now. I'll continue to look at PocketSNES to see if I can re-code the menus to be more accessible like I have with PicoDrive.

Please continue with the feedbacks. The more I get, the more motivated I am in getting things done before boredom sets in and move onto something else.

Cheers,

Parallax

Edited by Parallax20, 04 December 2005 - 03:06 AM.

sno

sno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:E200/C550/M500/P5500/P4550

PicoDrive update 04-12-2005. 

OK guys, I think this will be my final release of PicoDrive.

New updates :
1. All new menus added to emulator.  This can now be activated during game play.
2. PicoDrive KeySettings.exe is no longer required.  I have coded new key config screens into the app itself, so please use it to reconfig key mappings.
3. I have moved ScreenMode, Game Load/Save, into the menu system, but have allowed key mappings to these options for direct access from within game.
4. Included options to load new rom/reset/resume without restarting emulator each time.
5. Please use the exit option to cleanly shutdown app. 

OK, I think that about wraps it up for now.  I'll continue to look at PocketSNES to see if I can re-code the menus to be more accessible like I have with PicoDrive.

Please continue with the feedbacks.  The more I get, the more motivated I am in getting things done before boredom sets in and move onto something else.

Cheers,

Parallax

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

absolutely stormin mate i am just using the pico drive but it,s x-cellant , but any chance of using vollume keys & explorer keys for a b c.
MUST SAY AGAIN THOUGH THIS IS X-CELLANT MANY THANX
SNOMC

arman68

arman68

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

absolutely stormin mate i am just using the pico drive but it,s x-cellant , but any chance of using vollume keys & explorer keys for a b c.

I remember that's how I used picodrive on my old SPV E200, and that was a great key configuration for playing. With the C550 and this version, I found a b c can be mapped to those, but the other apps take over :-(

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash
Ever since the e200, the hardware for the volume keys has been changed making it unusable in games. :)

EDIT: Parallax, saves are meant to be 136.8kb I think but sometimes your version (haven't tried latest but happened on previous so I assume still happens) creates bigger ones that seem not only to store the state of the game, but also the buttons that are pressed afterwards.
It seems to happen after saving and loading a lot, for example save sonic 2, go a bit further save again, go further til you die, reload, die again, load again and then it goes through the same process as before - going through the motions you did before you die (annoying). Saving it again as it does this stops the keys been virtually pressed like this.
I wouldn't mind that too much but a couple of my saves have become corrupted - a sonic 3 one of about 137.1kb which you load and it is just frozen, and a phantasy star online one which is a big bloated one, around 222kb which just makes the program quit when you load it. Anything you can do about this? Anyone else noticed it? I don't remember it happening on maxhs versions.
Posted below are a correct size, perfectly working sonic save, and the bloated phantasy star save. I've had a look in a hex editor for anything noticeably different but it's all random crap and I couldn't find anything. If you find a way of getting the ps save to load it would be good too as I hadn't backed it up for a while. :D

Anyways dude don't let that all get you down tis great work! Thanks a lot! :)

EDIT2: Would it be a lot of work to be able to get picodrive to accept megadrive games via the command line? If not, I think that would be a good idea, then you could use smart explorer to make .smds open with picodrive and put sonic2 eg in you start menu.
Feel free to shout me down if I'm pestering you too much for new features. :D

Jamma

EDIT3: (last one I promise ;) )Just tried the latest version and it autoloads your save, any chance you could make it so it doesn't again, or include an option? Coz i prefer it to do a normal boot up, for sonic etc.

Attached Files

Edited by Jamma14, 04 December 2005 - 09:54 PM.

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Ever since the e200, the hardware for the volume keys has been changed making it unusable in games. :)

EDIT: Parallax, saves are meant to be 136.8kb I think but sometimes your version (haven't tried latest but happened on previous so I assume still happens) creates bigger ones that seem not only to store the state of the game, but also the buttons that are pressed afterwards.
It seems to happen after saving and loading a lot, for example save sonic 2, go a bit further save again, go further til you die, reload, die again, load again and then it goes through the same process as before - going through the motions you did before you die (annoying). Saving it again as it does this stops the keys been virtually pressed like this.
I wouldn't mind that too much but a couple of my saves have become corrupted - a sonic 3 one of about 137.1kb which you load and it is just frozen, and a phantasy star online one which is a big bloated one, around 222kb which just makes the program quit when you load it. Anything you can do about this? Anyone else noticed it? I don't remember it happening on maxhs versions.
Posted below are a correct size, perfectly working sonic save, and the bloated phantasy star save. I've had a look in a hex editor for anything noticeably different but it's all random crap and I couldn't find anything. If you find a way of getting the ps save to load it would be good too as I hadn't backed it up for a while. :D

Anyways dude don't let that all get you down tis great work! Thanks a lot!  :)

EDIT2: Would it be a lot of work to be able to get picodrive to accept megadrive games via the command line? If not, I think that would be a good idea, then you could use smart explorer to make .smds open with picodrive and put sonic2 eg in you start menu.
Feel free to shout me down if I'm pestering you too much for new features.  :D

Jamma

EDIT3: (last one I promise  ;) )Just tried the latest version and it autoloads your save, any chance you could make it so it doesn't again, or include an option? Coz i prefer it to do a normal boot up, for sonic etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jamma,

1. I'm using the built in game save functions and all the game saves I have so far are around 137kb each. I've not encountered anything bigger so far. If you have, then it suggest that the size will vary depending on the type of game. I can't do much about it as its the default save mechanism and works fine for me.

2. I've not investigated command line options for the emulator yet. But it should be possible. Its definitely not priority at the moment as I'm working on some menu changes for PocketSNES and once thats done, I have plans to porting the VBAdvance to smartphone.

3. Are you sure you have the latest version? All roms now start fresh from load and only restore saves when you tell it.

Parallax.

zetajunkie

zetajunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTn II - Cing 3125
It sounds great! i'm prolly retarded, but where are the files posted for testing? i don't see them listed in the post other then attachment id's
:)

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Sorry, I did a bit of a clean up of the attachments to ensure people only got the latest version.

Here they are :

PicoDrive

PocketSNES

Parallax.

Skeese

Skeese

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
Is there a fix that makes the sound work on the mio 8390?

Skeese

Skeese

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
I tried this on the mio 8390 and it just froze.....

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I tried this on the mio 8390 and it just froze.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you read the title it says its for QVGA hi-res phones like the C550 with res of 240x320. I think your mio 8390 has the standard 176x220 res. There is a working version of PocketSNES that I initially fixed to get it running on this lower res. You'll find it if you do a search on my posts.

If there is a requirement for it, I can recompile for standard res phones, but I don't see much point as the original releases of PicoDrive and PocketSNES already work at that res.

Parallax.

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi guys!

First off, I've decided to remove all old files from this thread and will now update the files on my original post. This is so I know that people will download the lastest version. So please refer to the 1st post for any updates. The files will have the date on them of easy of checking.

I've been tinking with PocketSNES as some of you will know to get the menu system working like it does for Picodrive. I have now got it working the way I want so please download the latest files from my first post.

New updates to PocketSNES.
- Menu options now work in game.
- Games can now be saved/restored at will.
- Application will now only quit when you tell it and not when it loses focus.

OK guys, I think both PicoDrive and PocketSNES are fairly complete gaming platforms in my latest releases, so I will refrain from doing anymore enhancements. (There really isn't much else to do to them :))

Don't forget to donate to the original developers. They've put in a lot of time and effort to bring these to you, so a little contribution will go a long way to maintaining open source development projects. As they say "What goes around comes around". So be good to them and they'll be good back :D

Enjoy the emulators!

Regards,

Kien (Parallax)

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash
Okay, guess it is just me...anyone else found a problem with the saving?
Anyway cheers kien, and I reckon you should set up a page for donations too; you've worked hard and the work is appreciated!

Jamma

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Okay, guess it is just me...anyone else found a problem with the saving?
Anyway cheers kien, and I reckon you should set up a page for donations too; you've worked hard and the work is appreciated!

Jamma

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the support Jamma. I haven't got around to settings up my website yet, but I will eventually. For now, the satisfaction of knowing my fellow smartphone users are enjoying my builds is good enough for me, hence the feedbacks. Sounds a bit corny, I know :D

l2yuk3n

l2yuk3n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:AudioVox SMT 5600 =D
I know this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask. is the build that is currently on the first post of this topic the one for hi-res(c550 or better) phones only? or will this work for the c500/typhoon series? or should i be looking for the other one that you've posted? Again, sorry if it's been answered, I'm just kind of confused by it all. and I think you've done a great job. (all of you. I wish I could do this kind of programming =P)

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I know this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask. is the build that is currently on the first post of this topic the one for hi-res(c550 or better) phones only? or will this work for the c500/typhoon series? or should i be looking for the other one that you've posted? Again, sorry if it's been answered, I'm just kind of confused by it all. and I think you've done a great job. (all of you. I wish I could do this kind of programming =P)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have the C500 or similar, I suggest you use the other version I posted.

http://www.modaco.co...199883-s15.html

It doesn't have the extra fixes I put in to this version here but it definitely works. Give it shot and let me know how it goes.

Parallax.

Edited by Parallax20, 06 December 2005 - 09:38 AM.

ceeno

ceeno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a SPC C600 and both emulators works great. I just got a problem with the sound on pocketSNES, even if I enable it, there is no sound.

Very good work, sonic in landscape mode is terrible :) !

wilky

wilky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
just wanted to say a big thanks for this

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I've got a SPC C600 and both emulators works great. I just got a problem with the sound on pocketSNES, even if I enable it, there is no sound.

Very good work, sonic in landscape mode is terrible :)  !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sound has been disabled in both emulators in code due to performance issues.

Excubator

Excubator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sound has been disabled in both emulators in code due to performance issues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any chance you'll release a build without this limitation? I know it'll cut performance, but I'd still like to try it out.

Great work (both from you and the original developers..! )

Edited by Excubator, 09 December 2005 - 10:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users