421 replies to this topic

Emad

Emad

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:Everything. No, really.
Are you going to make the source code available parallax?

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life." - Calvin

efishta

efishta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Are you going to make the source code available parallax?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the above will not be done, can you please release this to run in a standard WM 2003SE 220x176 res phone. I would like to see if the CPU adjustement setting will speed anything up in my MPx220, since it's supposed to have a rather fast CPU.

If not, how about the source as the guy above asked? (Frankly just releasing it for the standard res phones would suffice for me)

Thank you. :)

kersley

kersley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi, i'm not able to pass on the landscape mode on the Snes emu, and i'm not seeing on the forum the updates done by Parallax20... :D Where are they?
Besides, thank you Parallax20 from all the smartphonefrance community, we got the news yesterday and and passing this great news to others. Great job! We were all waiting to see these emulators developped!! My greatest wish is to have a Game Boy Advance emulator on the SPV. Hope that Santa will hear my wish!! :)

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash

Hi, i'm not able to pass on the landscape mode on the Snes emu, and i'm not seeing on the forum the updates done by Parallax20... ;) Where are they?
Besides, thank you Parallax20 from all the smartphonefrance community, we got the news yesterday and and passing this great news to others. Great job! We were all waiting to see these emulators developped!! My greatest wish is to have a Game Boy Advance emulator on the SPV. Hope that Santa will hear my wish!! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kersley, go to the first post, the latest files are there.
And I agree, Parallax if you do port visual boy advance and manage to get advance wars working reasonably smoothly, you'll be even more of a legend! :D

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550

Kersley, go to the first post, the latest files are there.
And I agree, Parallax if you do port visual boy advance and manage to get advance wars working reasonably smoothly, you'll be even more of a legend! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Believe it or not, I did try a port of the VBAdvanceCE and to be honest the performance was no where near acceptable, so I've abandoned the project. But I have to say if it did run well it would have been one hell of an emu. I have attached an early version here for those who are curious. Nothing works a part from loading up GBA and GB roms. GB is not bad, but GBA speed is terrible.

PocketVBA Test

mrmond

mrmond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, Linux, Guiness. Sci-Fi. <br />In any order &amp; combination you like.
  • Devices: Orange San Francisco
Trying to use pocketsnes on c550. cannot get anything in any game to move to the right only the left. can get the other keys to work.
don't see any options to define movement settings.

I know the joysticks ok cause it works great on picodrive and every other game I run.

Can anyone post their key setup so I know what I might have setup wrong.

Ray

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Trying to use pocketsnes on c550. cannot get anything in any game to move to the right only the left. can get the other keys to work.
don't see any options to define movement settings.

I know the joysticks ok cause it works great on picodrive and every other game I run.

Can anyone post their key setup so I know what I might have setup wrong.

Ray

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Movement keys should be the default cursor keys. Try removing the registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\PocketSNES. And restart app.

mrmond

mrmond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, Linux, Guiness. Sci-Fi. <br />In any order &amp; combination you like.

Movement keys should be the default cursor keys.  Try removing the registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\PocketSNES.  And restart app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aaarrgghh !!

registry editimg ? on a smarthphone ?

Now you are talking new realms of unexplored territory 1

How does one do this pray tell.

All I have ever done I play about with editing xml files using orneta notepad to make new homescreens.

what do I use ?

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Aaarrgghh !!

registry editimg ? on a smarthphone ?

Now you are talking new realms of unexplored territory 1

How does one do this pray tell.

All I have ever done I play about with editing xml files using orneta notepad to make new homescreens.

what do I use ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, for simplicity sake, I've attached a slightly older version of PocketSNES that will allow you to config directional keys. But to be honest it should pick up the system directional keys.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem as MrMond? Let me know so I can investigate it.

For those asking for the non-QVGA versions I am in the process of rewriting some of the display code which should hopefully work with the lower res. Keep an eye out for it. I'll update my first post with the new files soon.

Cheers,

Parallax.

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Nine Inch Nails
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610
  • Twitter:@ninjaw
I tried vba, thx i needed to reboot the c600, yeah you cant do a thing, i started with n&b gb it's damn slow even slower than with SmartGear with sound on SPV1 so i removed it

I could use the volume keys on PocketSNES but it only work on release, is there a way to fix that ? otherwise there is absolutly no way to use the landscape mode...

kersley

kersley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
So you tried the GBA emulator? And nothing to do...Ohh!That could be really great. What is the difference then? The phone is not enough powerful yet?If you could to this on the SPV, i think that you could win prices from the smartphone community and have the blessings of all of us!I remember that the one who created Picodrive won't a phone or something like this and got a title for one of the best appli developped.Hope you're next Parallax20!
:) from France!

kersley

kersley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

So you tried the GBA emulator? And nothing to do...Ohh!That could be really great. What is the difference then? The phone is not enough powerful yet?If you could to this on the SPV, i think that you could win prices from the smartphone community and have the blessings of all of us!I remember that the one who created Picodrive won't a phone or something like this and got a title for one of the best appli developped.Hope you're next Parallax20!
:) from France!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eratum : won't : won 8)

mrmond

mrmond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
[quote name='Parallax20' date='Dec 10 2005, 19:37']
OK, for simplicity sake, I've attached a slightly older version of PocketSNES that will allow you to config directional keys. But to be honest it should pick up the system directional keys.

cheers parallax. That's good of you to do that. aren't the newer revisions supposed to fix other problems though. if editing the registry should help then thats fine. I just need to know what I have to use.

I'm a newbie here due to the amount of posts I've had but I've done registry editing on the pc many times and kernel hacks on linux.

What I meen is, I don't mind getting my hands dirty :)

MrMond

Edited by mrmond, 11 December 2005 - 08:59 AM.

mrmond

mrmond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Ok problem solved. did a search on the site for registry and downloaded a registry editor. the value for turning right was set to "0" instead of "40" to set that and hey presto now playing F-Zero to my heart content. Now plaanning to find mario kart as I want serious pose value on my way to work on the Orange staff bus in the morning :)

Mr Mond

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Mario kart i sth eonly game very slow

mrmond

mrmond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Mario kart i sth eonly game very slow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, but having tried it is just about playable. can only say that having now tried a few roms already that R-type is just about the same in terms of speed and knocks many "phone" games into a hat imho.

On picodrive - sonic3D absolutely rocks :)/

off topic: let me know if you would like me to update my new blog with my proposed topics.

Edited by mrmond, 11 December 2005 - 04:34 PM.

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi all,

OK, for all those who requested non-QVGA versions. I have amended the source to automatically detect and switch to using the appropriate screen res. So this should now work for all smartphones. Bearing in mind I tested this on my C550, I can't gurantee if it will work 100%. So for those who do have a low res phones, please let me know of any problems you encounter.

PocketSNES users - I fixed a bug related to directional key remapping when changing screen modes during game play. In the old version the cursor keys remained the same regardless of screen orientation. This has now been fixed.

Right, I'm off to port something else to smartphone.

Have fun!

Parallax.

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Assuming screen mode is unplayable without volume keys, who cares, i asked you about theses keys, no answers.

Btw Pocketgear runs GBC&GG with sound at full speed

Parallax20

Parallax20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Assuming screen mode is unplayable without volume keys, who cares, i asked you about theses keys, no answers.

Btw Pocketgear runs GBC&GG with sound at full speed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ninjaw - not sure if you understand what porting means, but I didn't write the emulators from scratch and I don't claim to have. I converted these from their PocketPC versions to work on smartphone. I fix what I need to fix to get them working on my C550.

If you're unhappy with the way the program works, all I can suggest is don't use them. I've not heard of PocketGear, but if it works better, then use that instead.

If you're an avid programmer, feel free to download the source from finalburn.com or http://www.surrealse....dsl.pipex.com/ (spacemonkey's website) and make your own modifications. Its all open source, so go for it.

I provided these for the enjoyment others, and I leave it up to them to decide what they have on their phones.

Regards,

Parallax.

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I love your work i was disapointed with no answers on the volume keys, didnt you notice u can use them on Snes ? unfortunally they work only on "push but release" i need them to enjoy a landscape mode, i was asking if there was a way to trick that as this is the first emulator that can use volume keys.

I mentionned Pocketgear just to say you what the phone could do so far, assuming you are working on a way to play GB on C550+

Btw i tried ScumVM it doesnt work also on qvga ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users