Activesync 4.1 problem using Qtek 8310 and WM 5

Guest desiere

Guest dalsoft
Hi guys... Read below what I've posted in another similar topic

Hi there...

I was stuck with a similar connection problem and I figured out after hours of checking, installing/uninstalling and (of course) browsing the net...

The C600 and ActiveSync 4.0/4.1 use a new way of communication, that is through a "network connection". This is what you see when you connect your phone. A new device appear in the "Network Adapters" section in Device Manager sayin something like "Windows Mobile Based device...". Also a new network connection is shown up in "Network Connections" in Control Pannel. If you didn't already checked, go to that network connection, right click it and select "Properties". Then make sure that the following ARE checked (and nothing else): Client for Microsoft Networks, File & Printer Sharing for... AND TCP/IP. Without the protocol the phone IS recognized but is not communicating. TCP/IP setings should be left on "auto detect" no IP should be manually set.

The problem is due to the fact that, after a reinstall of ActiveSync, the USB drivers are updated as well and those are the drivers for the simulated network card (used for communication with the PC). As you may know, if you reinstall the drivers for a network card, the device is installed but WITHOUT any protocol selected. All boxes there are un-ticked. Doesn't matter if you had 3.8 or not before.... Wanna check? At home you said it's working... OK. Reinstall ActiveSync... and it wont work. For me, Ive started with a fresh install of 4.0, it worked and after upgrading to 4.1 it didn't. Only after checking the 3 boxes in network connection properties.

Hope it helps... Good Luck

SO... to conclude... check your new network connection made with that new RNDIS adapter and see if there are any protocols checked... Without protocolos you have no connection...

THANKS TOP TIP FIXED MY PROBLEM SO OBVIOUS BUT EASY TO MISS.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dewdman42

Ok, I'm very unimpressed. I am unable to get my brand new HTC 2125 to connect with active sync. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 10 times. I've tried removing the dll manaually when uninstalling as mentioned here. When I install, there is no network connection created, so there is no way for me to go check the 3 check boxes that someone else mentioned. When I go into the device manager, I see that it has been added as a network device, but there is a yellow exclamation point and if i open up the properties it says "This device cannot start (Code 10).

We already know MS is lame. Please, someone...help...

Using XPsp2 and it worked fine with my other phone the SMT5600 with ActiveSync 3.8. I uninstalled that before installing this, but something has me wondering if there is something still not right because that was installed previously...some registry setting or something.. (Shrug). I'm totally frustrated...any ideas welcome.

• 7 months later...
Guest stevenmu

Another tip that might hopefully help someone, this had me baffled for days anyway :)

Make sure that the windows DHCP Client is running on the PC you want to sync with. To do this go to Control Panel, then Administrative tools, then Services. There should be an entry for DHCP Client and to the right of it, it should say Started. If not, right-click on it and choose Start. If you're going to be using this PC to sync regularly, you can double click on it and make sure it's set to Automatic, not Manual or Disabled to make sure it always runs when windows starts.

If this is your problem, symptoms will be that a new network connection is added but it's status will always be "Aquiring Address", there will be an icon for the connection in the systray with a little animation like it's trying to do something. Also ActiveSync will not appear to see the device at all (little green icon won't even start spinning etc), but will pop up a message after a few minutes saying it could not connect to the device and prompting to start the troubleshooter.

Hope that helps someone.

Just use this to switch from RNDIS to the good old Serial over USB mode that activesync 3.8 used to use:

http://www.smartphonefrance.info/actu.asp?ID=3492

Many thanks! I finally got around to trying this out, and it works like a charm! :) I transferred it to my mobile via my work computer, which is able to connect via RNDIS. Thanks again for the tip!

Meanwhile, my firewall has informed me that WCESMgr.exe wants to "call home" (207.46.198.30) every time I want to sync:

post-189625-1169530325_thumb.jpg

Why sould this be? Is ActiveSync checking for updates? Whatever it is, I would like to turn it off.

Edited by rsbrux