O2 Wizard with Orange sim no MMS

Guest equ1nox

Guest equ1nox

Hello All,

I have had my new wizard for a couple of weeks now running with an orange sim and calls are fine texting is fine but i have tried everything to get MMS working so I can send and recieve pictures.

I recently visited the orange website and used the M500 settings to no avail, configured GPRS, and still no go! Finally called orange they went through my settings and updated the sim as i specified the M500 to be the closest match but still I cant get it to send and recieve pictures?? Basically when i try to send an MMS on it, the phone says its connected then comes back with sending media message all looks ok, but then the picture message just sits in the outbox then moves to the drafts folder and then it tries to send it again and again in a vicious loop can anyone confirm the correct settings here for GPRS and MMS or post any software update my phone needs to work MMS??

Also is orange GPRS Chap or PAP? ive tried both or is the phone itself requiring something software wise from orange to work any help is greatly appreciated asap.

Regards

EQ!

Edited by equ1nox

Guest TomaHawk

ive got this same problem on my MDA vario on T-mobile.

i can understand your problem as u changed network but mine should of worked out the box.

have you got those cabs for t-mobile?

Guest equ1nox

Hi Deanj,

What do i use to install the cab files? do i extract the files within then copy and paste or leave the cab file intact and copy and paste this if so where exactly do i put these? i.e in which directory on the phone should they be placed??

Hi Deanj,

What do i use to install the cab files? do i extract the files within then copy and paste or leave the cab file intact and copy and paste this if so where exactly do i put these? i.e in which directory on the phone should they be placed??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just copy the cab to your wizard using activesync or a card reader or something, then load up file explorer on your pda, find the file and click on it, it should install all the settings for you.

Guest equ1nox
just copy the cab to your wizard using activesync or a card reader or something, then load up file explorer on your pda, find the file and click on it, it should install all the settings for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi DeanJ

Cool will give it a go tonight and let you know thanks for getting back to me.

Will post results later on

EQ!

Guest equ1nox
Hi DeanJ

Cool will give it a go tonight and let you know thanks for getting back to me.

Will post results later on

EQ!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DeanJ,

Your a star installed the cab and then played with the connection settings, the phone was trying to use the myISP connection changed this to Orangemms and bingo sending and recieving aw yes !!

Thanks again dude.

EQ!!

DeanJ,

Your a star installed the cab and then played with the connection settings, the phone was trying to use the myISP connection changed this to Orangemms and bingo sending and recieving aw yes !!

Thanks again dude.

EQ!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no worries, i got all the cabs with my kjam, had to play about with the settings myself when i changed from orange to voda. its funny cos in the connections tab you dont see the orangemms connection so there is no way to add one youself or anything. glad it worked anyway

Guest squiggs1982
no worries, i got all the cabs with my kjam, had to play about with the settings myself when i changed from orange to voda. its funny cos in the connections tab you dont see the orangemms connection so there is no way to add one youself or anything. glad it worked anyway

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys,

Sorry, but I still can't send or receive MMS. I've run the orange contract .cab and I can connect to the net, send SMS and everything else, but still can't send and receive MMS.

In the "connect via" box in the MMS settings, I've got My work network,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Adrian

Guest squiggs1982
Guys,

Sorry, but I still can't send or receive MMS. I've run the orange contract .cab and I can connect to the net, send SMS and everything else, but still can't send and receive MMS.

In the "connect via" box in the MMS settings, I've got My work network,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Adrian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone? :)

have you tried softresetting then trying to install the cab again then softresetting, i did have to play about with it to get it working. dont install the cab with the messaging program open and softreset by turning the phone off then on instead of the reset button

I can't get this working either. I have an unlocked vario with an orange contract sim. I've installed the cab a number of times, being sure that the messaging program isn't running, and soft resetting afterward, but I still can't send or receive MMS.

I tried copying the settings from my C500. One thing I noticed was that the IP address that the cab installer implements for MMS is 192.168.224.10, whereas the address on my C500 was 192.168.224.010. Changing this hasn't made my MMS work though; can anyone confirm which of these is correct?

Another thing I've noticed is that my C500 seemed to connect to the orange MMS via the WAP network rather than via the internet. Which of these is correct, and if it is WAP, then what should my WAP settings look like on the vario?

Any help much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Guest freeloader

I need help. I'm also trying to use my T-Mobile MDA Vario (Flashed to Qtek 9100) on an Orange contract service.

Can't send & receive MMS however I can surf the net using Orange's GPRS.

I don't know if it's a fault with my Arcsoft or if I'm missing something in the settings.

Tried:

The Orange U.K. Contract cab.

Manually setting it up by following Orange's online instructions for Orange M5000.

Manually setting it up by following the instructions by Shadamehr on the xda-developer site.

Random settings.

How long is it supposed to take for Arcsoft to do its 'Send & Receive' procedure? My one goes to status: 'Finished' as soon as you hit the 'Send and Receive' option.

Then status changes to 'MMS 0 Inbox'.

Unlike other apps setup to use GPRS to connect to the net, when I click 'Send and Receive' in arcsoft, it doesn't connect to anything.

Help!

Edited by freeloader

Ther article on the XDA developers site that you mention is the one that I used to get my MMS working. Obviously you can't follow the instructions precisely because you're starting off with T-Mobile settings and not O2 ones, but the settings in that article are correct.

Guest freeloader

Yes, I took your url and googled part of it to find that article on the xda site. I'm not starting with T-Mobile settings, it's a freshly flashed using original Qtek 9100 roms.

I had to call Orange once to activate the GPRS on the account then a gprs logo started appearing in the title bar. From that point I've been able to use the GPRS to connect to the internet but not to check my MMS messages.

Orange is primitive when it comes to setting up user handsets. If I was with T-Mobile, I would have simply gone on their site, selected my handset model and they'd text me the settings. All there is on the Orange site are some instructions which lead to nowhere.

Guest DAK ATTACK
Oops. Posted twice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freeloader,

I had all the same problems dude and the MMS settings were getting me down.

Check out the M5000 forum section as somebody posted answer to the MMS with Orange and it all works 100%!

Guest freeloader
Freeloader,

I had all the same problems dude and the MMS settings were getting me down.

Check out the M5000 forum section as somebody posted answer to the MMS with Orange and it all works 100%!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. Any chance you have a direct link to a particular thread?

Guest freeloader

Thanks for the link. I'm afraid I've already tried them. Also tried ones posted up on the xda-developers forum, ones provided by Orange themselves, ones that came in the form of cab files for Orange Contract users.

I'm thinking of testing whether it's the MMS software that's screwing me over (Arcsoft). I'm fairly confident since without even going to a 'Sending and Receiving' stage, instead going straight to a 'Finished' stage, Arcsoft MMS must be responsible for this.

Does anyone know any worthy alternatives to Arcsoft?