• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

alanrenouf

alanrenouf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
My contract is up with Orange soon and my work phone (some nokia thing :?: ) has a o2 sim card with free gprs in it.

Does anybody know if i can install the o2 rom onto my Orange SPV M2000 thus creating an XDA, i think the hardware is just the same isnt it ?

Thanks

Alan

Edited by alanrenouf, 19 December 2005 - 01:16 PM.

SPV>E200>M2000

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

My contract is up with Orange soon and my work phone (some nokia thing  :?: ) has a o2 sim card with free gprs in it.

Does anybody know if i can install the o2 rom onto my Orange SPV M2000 thus creating an XDA, i think the hardware is just the same isnt it ?

Thanks

Alan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes you can, although you can't easily download the o2 rom from o2 as it asks for an IMEI on the site. If you do a google search you may find it elsewhere.

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

mcwarre

mcwarre

I've always wanted to explore the Pacific rim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Devices:Samsung: Galaxy S2 & Tab 10.1
I take it you want to use the O2 sim in the new device to get free gprs? If so this does not need a new rom just the O2 GPRS settings

"Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed."

Booker T. Washington

alanrenouf

alanrenouf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I take it you want to use the O2 sim in the new device to get free gprs? If so this does not need a new rom just the O2 GPRS settings

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to use the 02 rom if possible as would like to use blackberry with my device, orange dont have a blackberry client.

Anybody know where i can download the rom and get some instructions on how to get it on the phone ?

Thanks

Alan

SPV>E200>M2000

mcwarre

mcwarre

I've always wanted to explore the Pacific rim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Devices:Samsung: Galaxy S2 & Tab 10.1

would like to use blackberry with my device.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How and why exactly? Do you mean push email?

Installing other operators ROMs on another device is technically illegal and should not be discussed in this forum.

Mods topic lock?

"Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed."

Booker T. Washington

fluffcat1

fluffcat1

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Devices:8500 amongst others...

I want to use the 02 rom if possible as would like to use blackberry with my device, orange dont have a blackberry client.

Anybody know where i can download the rom and get some instructions on how to get it on the phone ?

Thanks

Alan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blackberry client is not in the ROM from orange for the m2000 but it is available as a service from them,

http://www.orange.co...blackberry.html

you could try a p2p VPN and use outlook?

p.s if you want to stay legal with a rom swap I'll swop you a board on back plate off an XDA IIs ( assuming your screen is compatible - seen 3 versions so far ) or you could do a google search for instructions. Might be easier to sell the m2000 and buy an XDA iis or t-mob mda.

Richard

'....It's been out in Japan nearly 3 weeks - where's yours?'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users