Just one reason to get a Wizard!

Guest soup dragon

Guest soup dragon

If you should ever need to justify getting a new toy/work tool to you're wife, try this one.

Two of my girls watching 30 mins of Postman Pat on my XDA Mini in a local cafe leaving me and wife in peace

:)

[DVD ripped to MPEG4 and viewed using TCPMP]

post-47474-1135106846_thumb.jpg

Edited by soup dragon

Guest hunyango_uk

just got mda vario today on the shop and i'm loving it. got it on web n walk 200(£16/month, 12half price, 18 month contract) and planning to change to relax 200. haven't they got web n'talk? so i can surf the net and i can call as well. :)

just playing with my new toy and wondering what more can i do with it. what else can we do with our mda vario.

oh by the way thanks for the service orange. 8)

Guest Peppermint Hippo
just got mda vario today on the shop and i'm loving it. got it on web n walk 200(£16/month, 12half price, 18 month contract) and planning to change to relax 200. haven't they got web n'talk? so i can surf the net and i can call as well. :)

Why change to relax 200? Isn't it the same amount of minutes as web n walk 200 but minus 40mb data?

Guest hunyango_uk
Why change to relax 200? Isn't it the same amount of minutes as web n walk 200 but minus 40mb data?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have to pay for my used minutes if i call, i'm not bothered of not taking web n walk. it's got wifi and most of the places i go to is a wifi spot. ah the advantage of wifi :)

Guest criticalhip
i have to pay for my used minutes if i call, i'm not bothered of not taking web n walk. it's got wifi and most of the places i go to is a wifi spot. ah the advantage of wifi :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on the same plan (Web 'n' Walk 200), and get 200 inclusive minutes each month, as its name implies. IMHO you'd be potty to change to Relax 200.

Guest hunyango_uk
I'm on the same plan (Web 'n' Walk 200), and get 200 inclusive minutes each month, as its name implies.  IMHO you'd be potty to change to Relax 200.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) just read the contract and yes you're right, thought it was 200mb free of browsing the net. but this is better.

thanks for reminding me criticalhip :D

Guest criticalhip
:)  just read the contract and yes you're right, thought it was 200mb free of browsing the net. but this is better.

thanks for reminding me criticalhip :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs. I wasn't actually going to move to T-Mobile originally... I was going to get the HTC Tornado when it came out on O2 (whenever that is), but happened to pop into the T-Mobile shop whilst hanging around in town, and there was a guy demoing the Vario. When he told me what the contract deal was, I bit his hand off... I was paying more than that on Orange for less, and their attitude to existing customers is awful!

Anyway, I'm still very pleased with the Vario, although WM5 needs a lot of work on it still. I mean, which idiot thought it would be a good idea to show an animated recharging bar in the settings, without providing any indication of how charged it already is? One of many poorly thought-out features.

Guest adchaffey
I mean, which idiot thought it would be a good idea to show an animated recharging bar in the settings, without providing any indication of how charged it already is?  One of many poorly thought-out features.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point!

Still love my Vario though! In my humble opinion, it's everything my old C500 wanted to be but never even made it half way there, if you know what i mean :) .

Guest hunyango_uk
Good point!

Still love my Vario though! In my humble opinion, it's everything my old C500 wanted to be but never even made it half way there, if you know what i mean  :D .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) :D ;)

Guest criticalhip
Good point!

Still love my Vario though! In my humble opinion, it's everything my old C500 wanted to be but never even made it half way there, if you know what i mean  :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I moved from the C500 too. I'm keeping it as a "stunt phone", since it's very solid and reliable.

The Vario hardware is excellent, but as a phone it works less well than the C500 IMHO... that's not normally too much of a problem for me, as I don't tend to use voice very often, but it's frustrating that it's almost certainly down to the OS. It crashes far too often (you'd think it wasn't beyond Microsoft to produce a decent wifi stack), and even the GSM radio seems to pack up sometimes. That's unacceptable.

Edited by criticalhip

Guest adchaffey
Yeah, I moved from the C500 too.  I'm keeping it as a "stunt phone", since it's very solid and reliable.

The Vario hardware is excellent, but as a phone it works less well than the C500 IMHO... that's not normally too much of a problem for me, as I don't tend to use voice very often, but it's frustrating that it's almost certainly down to the OS.  It crashes far too often (you'd think it wasn't beyond Microsoft to produce a decent wifi stack), and even the GSM radio seems to pack up sometimes.  That's unacceptable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woooow! I've not had any of those problems. I'd say the phone is almost as reliable as my C500, certainly not different enough to bother me at all.

Then again, who wants a phone that's good at making phone calls?? That's got to be the function I use least often!

Guest soup dragon
Woooow! I've not had any of those problems. I'd say the phone is almost as reliable as my C500, certainly not different enough to bother me at all.

Then again, who wants a phone that's good at making phone calls?? That's got to be the function I use least often!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, got to agree too. My Wizard has, so far, been excellent. Good battery life, wifi and everything else works great. Very very pleased and I will NOT be going back to my c500 (wife has it now!).

Guest mrw1004

Very nice use of it, how do you rip a DVD to MPEG4 :??:

all the best,

mw

If you should ever need to justify getting a new toy/work tool to you're wife, try this one.

Two of my girls watching 30 mins of Postman Pat on my XDA Mini in a local cafe leaving me and wife in peace

[DVD ripped to MPEG4 and viewed using TCPMP]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest zombiefly

I've had my vario for a week (previously had c500) and its blown me away! ;) as someone said above, this phone is everything the c500 nearly was...

eg. I bought a bt gps unit and tomtom 5, navigated myself to my xmas holiday retreat where i'm now typing this on the lovely keyboard using gprs! :D

if anyone is considering a wizard, get yourself down to a t-mobile shop and try one out! the only slight downside is the slow processor, but tbh if you install the freeware magic button proggy, this keeps managing running apps under control.... highly recommended!

nb. does anyone have any decent game recommendations for the vario?

Guest hunyango_uk
if anyone is considering a wizard, get yourself down to a t-mobile shop and try one out! the only slight downside is the slow processor, but tbh if you install the freeware magic button proggy, this keeps managing running apps under control.... highly recommended!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

start\settings\system\memory

• 2 weeks later...