Camera Problem

Guest Too-Sexy

Guest Too-Sexy

Hi guys!

My camera suddenly stopped to fuction...

It only shows a black screen and when i press capture it says "Unable to capture".

It takes a lot of time to load the settings,i tried changing some stuff from there(contrast and resolution) but nothing happened.i also tried a hard reset and still doesnt work!

I am using asian 3.51

thx...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elguajolote
Hi guys!

My camera suddenly stopped to fuction...

It only shows a black screen and when i press capture it says "Unable to capture".

It takes a lot of time to load the settings,i tried changing some stuff from there(contrast and resolution) but nothing happened.i also tried a hard reset and still doesnt work!

I am using asian 3.51

thx...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I´m having the same problem, i think its a problem with memory, mines says: "error: can´t capture, maybe there is not enough memory" and i have a 256 mb mini sd card. Flash is woeking correctly, but i cant get no images.

I am running the 1.430.0 ROM. Hope somebody helps us.

• 3 months later...
Guest BuickLeSabre1960

Has anyone figured this out? Mine is doing it now but last time I tried it was working in that it had a picture but it was very dark and was upside down but if I would take a picture upside down it would invert to the way it should be.

Here's what the Pics look like

post-185409-1145389476_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest mehrzad8433

many people (including me) are having this problem; suddenly the camera stops working. many people who use sprite revert back to an old backup from a time when they knew the camera see results. the camera starts functioning again.this has led me to believe that the camera problem everyone is having must be a software problem (possibly corrupted files that the camera app needs?).

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Guest jcjdoss
many people (including me) are having this problem; suddenly the camera stops working. many people who use sprite revert back to an old backup from a time when they knew the camera see results. the camera starts functioning again.this has led me to believe that the camera problem everyone is having must be a software problem (possibly corrupted files that the camera app needs?).

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Yea the MPx220 was a bundle of problems for me. I had a hard time with both the sound and camera.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys...

i have a similar problem. ;)

My mpx220 didn't work anymore so i did a hard reset. after it i installed my applications (homescreens, etc.) and tried to use the camera.

but when i push the camera button there is just a grey image shown and when i push the button it does not shoot a picture, because the button does not change into "save the picture"...

can anyone melp me please??

sorry for my bad english i'm german...

EDIT: I already found this on a surrealnetworks forum enty:

For all those of you who have THE CAMERA PROBLEM: When you open the camer application, you see a blank screen and the menu works really really slow the problem is from the stupid clam-shell. It seems Motorola used the lamest clam-shell ever to build this phone (notice the clink-clank sound when you open/close your phone).

The problem is that inside that clam-shell there are 2 foils that conect the screen and camera to the motherboard of the phone. If you have the problem I said above, this means that the camera foil is either a bit loose/damaged (in this case you can use the camera if you don't fully open the phone, or if you use it with the phone closed) or compleetly loose/damaged if you can't take pictures in either way.

At a local GSM Service they asked me for 140RON (aprox. 45 US dollars) to fix this. It's expensive considering that the camera is awful and that the whole phone costs 150 US dollars...

Now I am considering moving to a Q-Tek 8600 or 8310 (because it has Wi-Fi)... I was and still am a MPx220 lover, but all the WM2003 ROMs just have to many problems and the phone's construction is bad...

But it does not help me... my camera works in no position of the phone.

EDIT2: i installed another camera application from a russian guy... it works. that means i can see a picture like in the old camera application and it moves as the phone moves.

BUT: i still can't take pictures... :D :(

thanks a lot!!

Peter

Edited by Scout.