SPV C600 wifi update

Guest iwilliams

Guest rsearley
*sigh*

firstly, the 486 has nothing to do with the C600 - i know its an example used but i can also confirm that the SX/DX did not have the "oh, lets disable that feature for marketing purposes" scenario.

C600 does NOT have wifi built in hardware, the update may work but it wont make a non existant hardware exist!

Everyone is saying C600 does not have wifi, and i agree and have asked hence why most of the ppl bought a SP5m as it has everything a C600 has plus wifi and more.

I have phoned up orange and they say that there is no wifi on C600.

try it, see what happens.

from the experts I spoke to from colleagues and mates who have a C600 - there is no wifi - they have said it and i have had a look too!

not only this, if they say to us that oh there is no wifi then later they say "ah yes, there is" - not only do they not know what the hell they are talking about, but it is against the law to sell a product that does not have what they stated!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont want to fuel this fire too much, cos i dont care as i have a SP5m am happy with it, and that is the way it will stay

But i do remember a case not too long ago, with THREE and the A920 marketed WITHOUT IR or Bluetooth, and i made several phonecalls to the saying the hardware was in place, and they said no, but after in stalling a hacked rom bluetooth and ir were both active and functioning, in this case it could have been that three did not want to offer support on IR or bluetooth.. after about 6 months three started to offer rom upgrades to support BT and ir

Like i say, i am just using this as an example of a newtwork, having a device with all the hardware in place then deciding to have it disabled via the OS for whatever motive

I firmly beleive the C600 does NOT have the hardware, and soon when my contact is up, i may get one just to take apart and look! but on the other hand i would not be totaly surprised to see a updare become available!

• 2 years later...
I firmly beleive the C600 does NOT have the hardware, and soon when my contact is up, i may get one just to take apart and look! but on the other hand i would not be totaly surprised to see a updare become available!

I've you seen if it has wifi hardware?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rafyvitto
I've you seen if it has wifi hardware?

check this post i made in xda developers hXXp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=359913&highlight=wifi+mod cleary you will see in the photos that there is no wifi bgas on the htc 2125