w411y-HomerSimpson

Nope..  :?:

There is no App.Data\Home folder on Storage...

But same path exist in the root of device.. And files not present there too.

Maybe I must just copy needed files to that folder, or create this path (\storage\application data\home) on storage card and it will be work?  :??:

Ok? I`ll just try it! :-)

Upd. Hm... I`ve mistake... I look at \storage card, not just \storage folder - in \storage folder needed folder and files are exist... But it still not visible on the list.

PS Sorry, my english is not so good...  :|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm... have the system screens changed to the Homer pictures?

Try installing the cab again and overwrite the current version

Hmm... have the system screens changed to the Homer pictures?

Try installing the cab again and overwrite the current version

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange, but it doesn`t work... ;)

Ok!

Step-by-Step:

1. Install apps (RJTime & SBSH Facade)

2. Install theme (put .cab file on storage card and install it)

3. Confirm that the files are here: \storage\aplication data\home\ (confirmed =))

4. Try to find theme here: settings\home screen\home screen layout (nope :-((()

Where is mistake?

I`m really want this theme!!!! 8)

Hmm :?: .. Well are the screens there (Volume, Error etc..)?

I could upload the XML to my site and you can manually put it there to see if that helps if you like?

Guest sammyd56

Hey, I absolutely love your skin! It all seems to work great, except my start menu bg is still showing as the default one - how can I change it to use yours?

Cheers!

Hey, I absolutely love your skin! It all seems to work great, except my start menu bg is still showing as the default one - how can I change it to use yours?

Cheers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank yooo :D

The current download does not include a Start Menu background , but... it will be included in my next update, along with a WMP Skin and the Orange banners(Contacts screen and in call screen) replaced with a Homer one, so stay tuned ;)

(Probably update it this weekend I just need time to rewrite the .cab installer as I needed a new hard drive so lost everything!)

Ahh... in the making of the screen I planned to make a Start Menu background so I created all my images first. Then when I created the cab including the Start Menu background, it only showed the top left quarter of the image. I have since solved the problem and will include the Start Menu background in the update.

Hello! I'm new to this forum and Windows Mobile and I was thinking I should start with some easy stuff like changing homescreen etc. However that wasn't as easy as I thought ;) I did DL Facade and that other program (Realtime....something from the first page in this thread) and installed it; no probs, but when I install the theme I can't get it to show in the list of homescreens. Does anyone know why?

Thx in advance

Changing homescreens is easy its just cabs can sometime be a nuisence!

Okay first off someone else has had the same problem (see page 2 of this thread) who also had a QTEK 8310 and at the time I couldnt think why he had troubles.

Right,

Have you unlocked your phone?

How did you install the cab? Did you run it on the phone and install it or did you unpack it (Using Winrar or Winzip or likewise) and copy and paste it?

Reason I ask is because this installer is a cab which gets associated with WinRar or WinZip and people tend to unpakc them and copy them to the home folder.

it dont let me install :evil: i have a c550.. it sez THE PROGRAM OR SETTING CANNOT BE INSTALLED BECAUSE IT DOSE NOT HAVE ADEQUATE SYSTEM PERMISSIONS. ...... help pleasee

Edited by jrdas

it dont let me install  :evil: i have a c550.. it sez THE PROGRAM OR SETTING CANNOT BE INSTALLED BECAUSE IT DOSE NOT HAVE ADEQUATE SYSTEM PERMISSIONS. ...... help pleasee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to unlock your phone mate. By the sounds of things your jumpin into it so you probably havnt got the plugins needed neither. Thats what I put instructions there for ;) And someone has already addressed the issue in this thread.

Changing homescreens is easy its just cabs can sometime be a nuisence!

Okay first off someone else has had the same problem (see page 2 of this thread) who also had a QTEK 8310 and at the time I couldnt think why he had troubles.

Right,

Have you unlocked your phone?

How did you install the cab? Did you run it on the phone and install it or did you unpack it (Using Winrar or Winzip or likewise) and copy and paste it?

Reason I ask is because this installer is a cab which gets associated with WinRar or WinZip and people tend to unpakc them and copy them to the home folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey m8 ;)

The phone is unlocked and I installed the cab on the phone so I didn't unpack the cab file. It installs correctly it seems and I can go and uninstall it from the menu etc. Just that I don't see the theme in the theme menu so to speak

Hmm... open up Active Sync explore and go to Storage\Application Data\Home and can you confirm that the xmls are there? There should be 2 ...

w411y-HomerSimpson.home.xml

w411y-HomerSimpson(Non Orange).home.xml

This is strange and I cant think why its not working. Your phone IS a QVGA and it seems to have installed :?: Could it be something to do with the fact its WM5 :?: Has anyone with a C600 installed this screen successfully?

Home0.hif is the standard homescreen settings, nothing to do with W4lly's.

I tried to install this on the C600 but it didn't work  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! Lucky me I didn't delete it then. I was just about to...

Guest Disco Stu

Don't take my word for it but I think you can delete them.

If you change between the standard homescreens the phone seems to create a new hif file every time. Certainly if you delete them you won't lose anything.

Don't take my word for it but I think you can delete them.

If you change between the standard homescreens the phone seems to create a new hif file every time. Certainly if you delete them you won't lose anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe "Don't take my word for it and certainly" in the same text :D

Thx m8 but I don't think u should get me started. Before I know it I prolly have deleted the ROM somehow, thinking I am tweaking and i don't think I want that ;)

No problem ;) While Im at it Ill throw in a WMP skin aswell :D and Ill change the banner that comes up in the dial screen and contacts screen :D Bear with me Ill hopefully do it over the weekend

I tried to install on my C600 but it creates a new folder storage\application data\home and puts the files there. I can't use them from here so unfortunately the screens don't work. I have an application data\home folder where all the others are.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

You sir, have got me onto something ;)

If you look through this thread it seems that it does not install properly on any device running WM5. So can anyone confirm that the folder path is Application Data\Home and not Storage\Application Data\Home ?

If so Ill get making a new cab and hopefully it will work

Can someone with a phone running WM5 (ie. C600 etc) try out this cab please as I dont have a WM5 device myself. It should hopefully now show up in the Settings - Home Screen place. Please let me know how you get on. Oh and another thing if your going to install this.... can you check that the WMP skin goes there. Just open WMP and chose options - skin and then scroll left or right.

Thanks in advance... * Fingers Crossed *

w411y_HomerSimpsonWM5.CAB

Edited by w411y

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.