SkyForce QVGA, testing request

Guest benjers

Guest benjers

Hello,

We've been receiving quite a lot of emails from C550/C600 users asking us to create a QVGA port of SkyForce. So here it goes!

We need some testing help from C550/C600 people (or any other owners of QVGA enabled Smartphones).

Please download a beta demo version from:

http://files.idreams.pl/fget.php?id=SFSPBETA

Please let us know if it's working. Also please test any possible issues like key configurations, receiving phone calls, SMS, going to background etc.

Thank you in advance!

best regards,

Marek Wyszynski,

Infinite Dreams,

http://www.idreams.pl

Guest pd.ryder

As w4ally says, we've got the daft black border around the edge which appears to be being written to (the craft I'm flying disappears off the bottom of the screen, for instance).

I've got it running and cant exit it. I presume there's a quit option somewhere under the black border. I'll dissassemble my phone now :)

Guest benjers

Thanks for such a quick response! There should be a file called GameLog.txt in the directory where SkyForce is installed. Could you please send it to support(at)idreams.pl

Thank you in advance!

Marek.

Thanks for such a quick response! There should be a file called GameLog.txt in the directory where SkyForce is installed. Could you please send it to support(at)idreams.pl

Thank you in advance!

Marek.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill have a browse for it now and send it as soon as I find it :) Looks like a nice game

Guest awarner [MVP]

Good luck with development of the game,

Off topic but will there be a sequal? I liked the original game but felt it was a little short.

Keep up the good work.

I tested the game on C600, installation perfect, playable, looks really great !!! (i love your game) BUT I confirm tha w411y story, same thing here. qvga screen hidden into a vga one ...

Guest benjers

Thanks for your feedback!

Now I've uploaded a new version.

The link/filename is the same, new file size is 740864, please make sure your download is not cached.

This version will generate a log file and I believe it should work full screen now!

Please let me know!

regards,

Marek.

Guest benjers

Thanks Martin!

I'll release a full version as soon as I get a confirmation that it works without any issues on both C550/C600.

What about the performance? Is it acceptable? The game is really highly optimized, but 200MHz may be a bit too slow to push so many pixels...

Could you please test some other things like receiving a phone call/sms, trying to reconfigure keys? Anything that you might think is wrong!

regards,

Marek.

An incoming call pauses the game and takes you to the 'Incoming call' screen. After conversation the backspace needs pressed to take you back to the game screen where there is the exit game Y/N option is displayed.

Text messages are received OK during the game. The game slightly pauses and the text sound is played.

Hope this helps.

Another thing I have noticed. At the end of the game on the 'Demo completed screen' there is highlighted 'NEXT' above the left soft key but pressing the left soft key does nothing. Only pressing the action key will take you back to the Main Menu. Should the 'NEXT' options be mapped to the left and right softkeys ?

[Edit] If I'm right I think pressing the 'NEXT' (right soft key) goes back a menu and the 'BACK' (left soft key) goes forward a menu. It's the wrong way round :)

Hey It works perfectly on C600 ! I played a lot on SPV1 version, i noticed enemies often changed postions ?? it also looks harder I found again some short unwanted pauses, specially when changing to final music. On SPV1 such pause was producing keyboard off/remove battery. Hopefully this is corrected on WM05. Also my very first try, someone exploded upscreen while first wave was downscreen ... and I also heard a missile sound without missile, if u want short bugs :)

Speed is just fine, didnt tried special options, did i won a full licence ? it's christmas :D

seems that the older system works better than the new as on my C550 it works on my SP5 it still has the every now and then flicker displaying the signal meter, having said that i had that with the original release of pocket mini golf ;)