Should i get an Xbox 360?

Guest timmillwood

Guest timmillwood

Should i get an Xbox 360 or wait for a PS3?

i have never had an xbox always had nintendo and Playstation, what do you think should i by and xbox.

if i do what thing show we expect in the future

Guest Jayenkai

The MS vs Sony battle is pretty much useless, since 90% of the games on one, you'll get on the other anyway. As a Cube owner, you should understand the difference between Nintendo games, and those on the other two.

To keep one side of your gaming, make sure you get a Revolution. For the other side, it really shouldn't matter whether you get the 360, or the PS3. The 360's here now, but by the time it has a decent selection of games, the PS3 will probably be here too. Wait till then, then decide which has the selection of games you want most...

Buying a console just because it's new isn't the same as it was 10 years ago.

go for the 360 - everything you want its got ;) pretty much MS have won the competition no doubt - selling out the xbox on the first day of the launch and still selling out.... defo worth it otherwise there would be bad reviews about it.

we made sure that it was one of the best at the time - and well, here we are!

wireless gaming pad - DVD playback (ideal for a media centre style type computer) - have a hdd in it if you want - hook it up to your internet if you want.... the list is endless

go for an xbox and you will make paul happy ;) ive always had nintendo games consoles as they have the type of games i like, now i have a psp not mainly for the games as 90% are crap but the movies playback , seeing as i wait alot in my work :D think the xbox will in the end win the battle between sony and microsoft , just hope nintendo heat it up more with its next console :D

Guest Paul [MVP]

I lament the passing of Sega and the great Dreamcast for TRUE gaming, and although the mantle is continued by Nintendo, the hardware is very poor.

I don't see the point in waiting for PS3 when next gen is here now!

If you have a Media Center the Extender functionality is great...

P

Guest Jayenkai

See, now, Peekie's brought up a really interesting point, there, hasn't he. He says he bought the PSP, not for the games, but for Portable Videos. It's that "Ooooh, New Gadget" mentality that's the issue here. I couldn't ever point this out anywhere else....

Peekie. You have a WINDOWS SMARTPHONE!! IT CAN PLAY MOVIES!!!

Now, Tim, do you want "New Gadget", or more importantly, do you want Actual New Games?

Should be getting one delivered in a few days and am very excited, however every MS product I own crashes or breaks so feeling a little nervous for when it comes as I have high hopes for it.

I've heard the odd story about hardware problems. Is this true or just anti MS conspiracy? Anyone have one with problems?

Depends how much cash you got I guess. I never had a console before and don't regret buying a 360 one bit. PGR3 online in my eyes alone is worth the price i paid for it.

Guest dolphinsmile
The MS vs Sony battle is pretty much useless, since 90% of the games on one, you'll get on the other anyway.  As a Cube owner, you should understand the difference between Nintendo games, and those on the other two. 

To keep one side of your gaming, make sure you get a Revolution.  For the other side, it really shouldn't matter whether you get the 360, or the PS3.  The 360's here now, but by the time it has a decent selection of games, the PS3 will probably be here too.  Wait till then, then decide which has the selection of games you want most... 

Buying a console just because it's new isn't the same as it was 10 years ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right on the money saying Nintendo are the best game makers out there.

I'm with Game Cube, Xbox and Dreamcast. Just sold my PS2 to help buy my lovely new PSP for christmas, which has impressed me.

I will without doubt waiting for the revolution.

The Xbox 360? Get one now, YES!

Guest Zone-MR
go for the 360 - everything you want its got ;) pretty much MS have won the competition no doubt - selling out the xbox on the first day of the launch and still selling out....

I wouldn't trust the shortage as an indicator of success - the shortage was most likely deliberate. It's just a little marketting genius - stage a shortage and let the "wow, it sold out in 0.1 seconds -> it must be hightly sought after -> it must be a great product" mentallity spread. From your comments it seems the scam is working.

As to me, I'm planning on ordering one as soon as I spot it in stock somewhere. I don't play games, but I've been waiting desperatly for a PAL media center extender, and the XB360 offers that functionality.

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest mupwangle

>>And what about the fact that the PS3 is BlueRay and will be able to play the next gen of high definition DVDs?

One of the next gen of HD DVDs. Remember - Sony brought out Betamax and you saw how that went. ;-D

Guest timmillwood

Well i have a HDTV, i also dont have a windows PC in the house so cant connect it up to that. I have a PS2 and loads of good games, that wont work on th Xbox, and i also have a PSP which i bet will connect to the PS3.

might wait until PS3 is out in Japan and see what its like and how it compares.

but the xbox is tempting, i like the Live idea, better than PS2

For people who are tyring to get an Xbox 360:

Had bought one from Argos and agreed a delivery date. Spent the day (from 08:00 to 18:00) in the house waiting. It doesn't turn up. Give Argos a ring (Waiting 30 minutes on the phone) and they say they don't have it and it MIGHT be next week.

I've learn't:

1) Don't TRUST argos so Dont USE Argos!

2) It'll be PROBABLY eater til one is available

3) Get a PS3 instead

I'm now having to take all the presents from friends and family (Games and accessories) back to the shop to get refunds. If I still decide to get an Xbox 360 - i'll try and see if anything comes down in price by then.

Good luck! and have a good new year!

if you think getting a xbox360 is bad wait till the playstation 3 comes , it will be the same story its down to marketing sadly , there are enough made but they are not being released to the public , as this makes you want one more, name one console that has not been in short supply :?:

Guest shadamehr

Well I have TWO Xbox 360's now...

Anyone wanna buy a Core System and three games, and save £15 in the process?

Oops - sales are not allowed on here, so see that last post as a hypothetical statement lol.

And sp5 at shadamehr.com is not my email address to discuss this further either he says laughing and lying through his back teeth.

Seriously though - now that we are past christmas, is it still hard for you lot to get these things - is my spare one still sellable?

Guest nickcornaglia

I went into my Local GameStop to see if the reserved console I was supposed to have November 22nd ever arrived. I am still 30 on the list and they are only getting in about 5 per week.

I broke down and paid an extra $100 for one off of ebay then used my deposite money to buy KingKong (for the boy since we just saw the movie) and Quake (since they didnt have Call For Duty.

I love the xbox. Dont have an HDTV yet, but it's still really cool. The media extender is great even though I dont have a Media Center PC yet either....but I can still view pics and listen to music from my PC.

The additions of videos would be cooler but that will have to wait 'til I get a WMC PC

As far as waiting for a PS3....though the graphics on both are considerably better that the previous generation consoles....dont expect 100% totally realistic people/elements on either the xbox or PS3. Get what does everything you want and all of the cool online stuff....the next gen will be the ones to look out for to see who provides us with the things we didnt even know we wanted.

Guest nickcornaglia

One of the reasons I went with the xbox was because of all of the current games that I have. After testing them all, I'd say I can play about 10 out of 30. Why wouldnt they have included Battlefront???!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest timmillwood

forgot I posted this, i got one in the end in august, a good year and half after this post.

If you want me im always on Halo 3, COD4 or Gears of war, my Gamertag is millwooduk

Guest goochy1

I have both consoles but i prefer the 360 only because of how good online is...so if your after playing for fun or competition against new people...buy a 360...but if your more solo and like amazing graphical films aswell as playing great games (360 also has) buy a 360

• 3 months later...