MPX220 wired dialing functionality help

Guest stupidporkface

Guest stupidporkface

I recently purchased a new mpx220. This phone seems so crippled though. No BT dialing and now after buying a wired headset I still can not do Voice dial unless the clamshell is open? How is that possible? I hook up my headset and the phone changes mode to headset mode. The manual then says push and hold the up volume button to initiate a Voice dial call. Nope nada NO soup for me. Now on the other hand if I open the phone and do the same thing it works perfectly. You would think that at least with the phone closed and no headset hooked up it would all go through the speakerphone and microphone or something like the RAZR but of course that does not work either so in essence this phoen cannot do a damn thing unless you open it?

So all in all this phones dialing features are no more powerful than my old rotary phone. please tell me I'm confused becuase when i'm in action/driving minimal steps to dial is obviously desired and to have to open the phone and the push and hold the button is rediculous.

I called motorola and tech support for the MPX220 says it should work and I should goto the store and have then swap it out for a new phone HAHAHA my god they are lazy it's not the phone it's either not capable or user error, right?

Any suggestions?

I know my c500 won't voice dial when the keypad is locked. I bet the keypad is auto-locked when you close the clam. It may be an oversight on microsofts part!! Have you the latest ROM installed on your phone?

Guest stupidporkface
I know my c500 won't voice dial when the keypad is locked.  I bet the keypad is auto-locked when you close the clam.  It may be an oversight on microsofts part!!  Have you the latest ROM installed on your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, well I have 1.43 which is the latest on moto's site.

Not having these functions is really crazy and it's killin me!