Also on Verizon... Samsung SCH-i830 announced

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Following in the recent tradition of Samsung launching Windows Mobile devices with superceded OS versions [cough]i300[/cough], Verizon and Samsung have announced the SCH-i830 Pocket PC.

Breaking new ground by integrating both GSM and EVDO chipsets, the SCH-i830 includes a slide down QWERTY keypad in it's feature set.

I have pasted an excerpt from the press release below, the full version of which can be found here.

I particularly like the following line: 'The device's Bluetooth® wireless technology, which supports certain profiles' - nothing like being specific eh? ;)

P

Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung) today introduced its SCH-i830, the ultimate tool for the global business traveler, which will be available for Verizon Wireless' large account enterprise customers on January 10, 2006, and for consumers on January 24, 2006. As the latest smart phone collaboration between Verizon Wireless and Samsung, the i830 is much more than a wireless phone -- it's similar to a personal computer with a full QWERTY keyboard and access to email and documents, and also comes equipped with quad-band frequency that will work internationally where networks are supported.

The i830 is exclusive to Verizon Wireless and allows international travelers to keep one phone and one phone number almost anywhere they go, via its dual mode, CDMA/GSM functionality. The multifunction device fills the need for a single high-end wireless phone that can be used globally without sacrificing voice capabilities, while delivering ease-of-use and convenience through its design and its ability to handle data and messaging tasks.

Samsungi830L4Web.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.