78 replies to this topic

kpars

kpars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
Dear All,

As a newbee (I bought the phone 2 days ago) I may ask this second time but I still can not find "Storagelimit" string in my REGEDIT. My rom seems to be 1.150.0.0. The only strings I have in "HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/lowmem is:

ProgramMem
ResetDivision

What can be the problem?

Thanks

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Wing, Cingular 3125
  • Twitter:@genaldar
I don't think all roms include the string, but for most of us adjusting it didn't help. At least not for good. Of course you could always add it, I doubt you would be doing any harm.

"Oh, you're a loon aren't you? Where have you escaped from, I'll take you back." Lord Bravery
Sceptical Rocket.

kpars

kpars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I don't think all roms include the string, but for most of us adjusting it didn't help. At least not for good. Of course you could always add it, I doubt you would be doing any harm.

My phone can access 1 GB data but also can not write if its full over 512 MB. So I need to try it. Thank you for your reply.

scant

scant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:null
2GB miniSD cards don't work in the MPx220.

I've tried:
TopRAM 120x 2GB miniSD
A-Data 60x 2GB miniSD

They both don't work. Yes I have the registry setting.

Only the first 1GB can be read properly.

Partitioning, formatting to FAT32, or using the Panasonic SD Formatter doesn't help.

Anyone who says their 2GB miniSD card is working is either a newbie, mistaken, or misinforming to generate sales.

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

2GB miniSD cards don't work in the MPx220.

I've tried:
TopRAM 120x 2GB miniSD
A-Data 60x 2GB miniSD

They both don't work. Yes I have the registry setting.

Only the first 1GB can be read properly.

Partitioning, formatting to FAT32, or using the Panasonic SD Formatter doesn't help.

Anyone who says their 2GB miniSD card is working is either a newbie, mistaken, or misinforming to generate sales.

I wouldn't go so far as to say those are the only 3 types of people saying their 2gb card works. But I will say I have yet to see anyone with any kind of reliability say theirs works. It's usually people who've only made a handful of posts (or in some cases just the 1). Either way, they just don't work for 99% of us.

"Oh, you're a loon aren't you? Where have you escaped from, I'll take you back." Lord Bravery
Sceptical Rocket.

SpeKtoR

SpeKtoR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Mpx220

My phone can access 1 GB data but also can not write if its full over 512 MB. So I need to try it. Thank you for your reply.

I use the Sandisk 1GB miniSD card and it works great... its 98% full and reading and writing are fully available at the same speed as they ware when the card was empty... it has never been formated.
I also have a 512MB miniSD Trancend and it also works fine...

I have tried many ROMs (v1.25+) and the 1GB fully worked with all of them...
The fastest read/write speed was archived on v1.53...

I will soon try with a 2GB card...

ps: English is not my native language so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors.

Edited by SpeKtoR, 20 September 2006 - 05:38 PM.

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I use the Sandisk 1GB miniSD card and it works great... its 98% full and reading and writing are fully available at the same speed as they ware when the card was empty... it has never been formated.
I also have a 512MB miniSD Trancend and it also works fine...

I have tried many ROMs (v1.25+) and the 1GB fully worked with all of them...
The fastest read/write speed was archived on v1.53...

I will soon try with a 2GB card...

ps: English is not my native language so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors.

Don't waste your money. The 2gb will not work.

Sceptical Rocket.

flunserl

flunserl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Mpx220, Qtek 8500 / StrTrk
Hi!

Are there any news on the 2Gig issue?

Would be to nice if somebody found out something in the meantime.....

btw:

the tweaking with the "storagelimit" in registry does not look like it got anything to do with a "storage card limitation" 1st: 512.000 arent 512MB but 512KB, so it didnt have a connection to the storage card size and 2nd there is somethin like "lowmem" in the path...so guess what it is good for....

ciao,

flunserl

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Nope

Sceptical Rocket.

Crotia

Crotia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I saw a post on MGN where a person is using a 2GB. I assume you can use any size since it's basically a cardreader. The 512 limit is just a manufacturer listed limit since that's all that was available at the time they released the phone. There are numerous people using the 1GB cards.

My 2GB works great.

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

My 2GB works great.

If you can read and write to the full 2gb congratulations you got lucky. For most of us though it just won't work. The only thing I regret about the 2gb card though is that I didn't keep it. Now that I'm planning on getting a mda the extra space would've been nice.

Sceptical Rocket.

artsjedi

artsjedi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:MPX 220
You realy can write and read the 2nd Gb of your card??

artsjedi

artsjedi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:MPX 220
You realy can write and read the 2nd Gb of your card??

Mersiles

Mersiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
so am i correct in assuming that I can get a 1gb mini sd card and worry about it not working,(I'm not not even gonna mess with a 2gb one).

Mersiles

Mersiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
so am i correct in assuming that I can get a 1gb mini sd card and worry about it not working,(I'm not not even gonna mess with a 2gb one).

genaldar

genaldar

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I've read isolated incidents of 1gb not working, but I don't think it's a widespread problem (I only remember seeing 1 person post about the problem). So 1gb should work fine.

Sceptical Rocket.

Mersiles

Mersiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I've read isolated incidents of 1gb not working, but I don't think it's a widespread problem (I only remember seeing 1 person post about the problem). So 1gb should work fine.

thanks

mike162002

mike162002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:PDA

has anyone tried to use the app "swelldisk"?
i know it won't solve the problem but it could help.

Dear friend,

I could not find the file SDFix2G_104.rar. I need it, too cause I had some difficult whith a memory card 1 GB/SD formatting.

Alkeli

Alkeli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I can read and write to my whole 2GB Kingston card. In fact, I only have about 10 megs free on it. It's full of videos and MP3's. But I'm giving it up, too slow sometimes, buggy, freezes now and then and sometimes the USB connection doesn't work, microphone sucks... so I gave up and got a KRZR. Much better quality, can still have mp3's and music videos on it, bluetooth works great and the call quality is 10x better than the 220.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users