Keylock and clock display

Guest scsi

Hi,

Finally got my SP5 today, and have been playing around with it for a while. I am REALLY impressed, especially about the movie playback. It exceded all my expectations. DivX with TCMP played smoooth, and I could skip through the files almost faster than on my pc. Incredible.

But one thing bugs me, though. I have often used my phones to see the time. When they are locked, you could just press a key, the screen would light up and you could see a big digital clock.

Now, this is the case with the SP5 aswell - almost. When the phone is locked, and you press a key, for some reason, you first get the "Info screen" that tells you how to unlock the phone, but you can't do it from there. Instead, you have to wait untill the info screen times out or press Cancel, and then you get the clock - which is great.

Is there any ways to somehow skip the info screen, so that when you press a key, you get the clock straight away?

Thanks in advance

/Daniel

Guest shamste
Hi,

Finally got my SP5 today, and have been playing around with it for a while. I am REALLY impressed, especially about the movie playback. It exceded all my expectations. DivX with TCMP played smoooth, and I could skip through the files almost faster than on my pc. Incredible.

But one thing bugs me, though. I have often used my phones to see the time. When they are locked, you could just press a key, the screen would light up and you could see a big digital clock.

Now, this is the case with the SP5 aswell - almost. When the phone is locked, and you press a key, for some reason, you first get the "Info screen" that tells you how to unlock the phone, but you can't do it from there. Instead, you have to wait untill the info screen times out or press Cancel, and then you get the clock - which is great.

Is there any ways to somehow skip the info screen, so that when you press a key, you get the clock straight away?

Thanks in advance

/Daniel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure about the SP5, but on the 8310 it is as follows:

Settings => More => Unlock Screen Clock

This gives you the options to enable the time and date in the unlock info screen. Good Luck

That is enabled, and like I said, the time is displayed, but AFTER the screen telling me that the phone is locked.

Is my SP5 the only one behaving like this? :?:

Edited by scsi

Guest shamste
That is enabled, and like I said, the time is displayed, but AFTER the screen telling me that the phone is locked.

Is my SP5 the only one behaving like this? :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that you mention it, if I haven't used the phone in a while I will get a fraction of a second delay before the time will show up on the lower part of the screen, but just long enough to notice it is not there and then it is suddenly there. It is not on a seperate screen after the info screen.

This may be something unique to the SP5 (like the E for EDGE, G for GPRS hack some people cannot get to work on the SP5).

Or you could use this freeware keylock util, that gives you a screen saver which can show the time.

Maniac's Automatic Keylock

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tried that (in fact, the app is a must) but the problem is still there. When you touch a key while the screen is off, you will still get the same info box, before actually being able to unlock the phone.

Now that you mention it, if I haven't used the phone in a while I will get a fraction of a second delay before the time will show up on the lower part of the screen, but just long enough to notice it is not there and then it is suddenly there.  It is not on a seperate screen after the info screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, on my phone, we are talking 3-4 seconds. So if you don't want to wait, you have to doubleclick the left softkey, once for Cancel, one for Unlock, and then press star.

Really unnoying. :|

Guest imellor

Press unlock rather than any other key, this then brings up the clock display. If you don't want to unlock, let it timeout back to locked.

If you want to unlock, you will notice that the instruction in this case tells you to push * therefore bypassing the issue you mention

Ian

Thanks in advance

/Daniel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest s.c.s.i.
Press unlock rather than any other key, this then brings up the clock display. If you don't want to unlock, let it timeout back to locked.

If you want to unlock, you will notice that the instruction in this case tells you to push * therefore bypassing the issue you mention

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It works while the screen still is on, but when the screen shuts down, the first time you press unlock (left softkey), it just tuns the screen on (showing the today screen). Then you have to press the key again to bring the "unlock screen", where you have to press the star.

I know that this may sound finicky, and it's hardly a serious problem, but I thought it was worth asking.

(When the screen is off, and you press the unlock key, it shows you the homescreen, where you aswell can see the time, but due to my layout, it's pretty small. The unlock screen is alot nicer.)

Guest topgearuk
Is this application WM5 and QVGA compatible? (works fine in SP5/8310?)

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes working great on my SP5.

Thanks for the link wired&connected...

Edited by topgearuk

I tried to install this application on my phone (QTEK 8310), but i can't.

I first run the regeditSTG to change the registry keys, but my regedit don't show them.

All of you changed the registry keys?

Thanks

Guest maniac103
I tried to install this application on my phone (QTEK 8310), but i can't.

I first run the regeditSTG to change the registry keys, but my regedit don't show them.

All of you changed the registry keys?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are several versions of RegeditSTG...one of these in unsigned.

A link where to get the signed one is here.

Guest shaggyguitarist

as a follow on question..

This was also an issue for me on the mpx200 and the c500...

Is there any way of making the keypad light come on when the phone is locked??

Its most annoying when trying to unlock the phone in the middle of the night to read a text,

There is no problem finding the unlock soft key, but how many attempts does it take to actually hit the * key ??

4 maybe?? try when your half asleep and see.

Is there a way to have the keypad lights come on so as to actually see the damn * key in the dark!!

Guest moosery

why dont you guys get a watch?

And why on earth did they see fit to change unlock keys from * to #. Being an owner of bothe c500 and 600 at the same time, its incredibly annoying having to make 3 or 4 attempts to unlock before realising you're using the * key on the c600.

pah!!

(while locked, the light comes on if you press the top button, the on off button?)

There are several versions of RegeditSTG...one of these in unsigned.

A link where to get the signed one is here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

In the link above there are another link to download the RegeditSTG. That link doesn´t works.

Thanks anyway.

Guest MitchellO

The Automatic Keylock app is excellent! Now I can forget to lock the keypad, and the phone will do it itself after 30 seconds ;)

cimg5034small4ai.jpg

Also displays the time, date, signal strength (S), Battery level (:D and current profile.

Guest shaggyguitarist
(while locked, the light comes on if you press the top button, the on off button?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but not the keypad lights , so seeing the * key is hit and miss.

• 1 month later...
Guest munzab

is there a chance of seeing time/date on screensaver without using the app?mine is just a blank screen and for the life of me, i can't figure that out...