Xp (c550)

Guest Jamma14

Guest Jamma14

Sorry, I've been really busy with work and that's gotta take priority unfortunately :). Also with the start menu and attempting to do facade with only one selectable part, I've gotta do lotsa new graphics and code and motivating myself to get started on it is hard coz it takes loadsa time, as well as doing start and shutdown screens for this and the osx one.

I'll get back on it soon just really been busy of late.

You'll be the first to know when I get something worth showing or if I need any testing etc.

James

Guest PPCPassion
Sorry, I've been really busy with work and that's gotta take priority unfortunately :). Also with the start menu and attempting to do facade with only one selectable part, I've gotta do lotsa new graphics and code and motivating myself to get started on it is hard coz it takes loadsa time, as well as doing start and shutdown screens for this and the osx one.

I'll get back on it soon just really been busy of late.

You'll be the first to know when I get something worth showing or if I need any testing etc.

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No sweat James. I fully understand. Let me know if you would like me to test anything.

Take care.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stayhomekid

i keep trying to install this but it says i ************** i dont know why it says

i have gotten the dll to be succesfully registered on my mpx220

please if anyone knows why let me know thank you

EDIT EDIT EDIT

it isnt digitally signed with a trusted certificate thats why it says it can be installed

it didint give me the choice to still install it

is there a way i can do this

Edited by stayhomekid

Guest PPCPassion
i keep trying to install this but it says i ************** i dont know why it says

i have gotten the dll to be succesfully registered on my mpx220

please if anyone knows why let me know thank you

EDIT EDIT EDIT

it isnt digitally signed with a trusted certificate thats why it says it can be installed

it didint give me the choice to still install it

is there a way i can do this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try following instructions on the following link:

http://spaces.msn.com/xpworld/Blog/cns!...A!198.entry

• 2 weeks later...

hi ppl....

I have one question/request: can anybody guide me on how to take the orangeh.dll file out of my old C500 to put it on my new C600. Because I cannot copy it anywere from my C500...

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest delta9

please can someone help im trying to install this homescreen to my orange c550

using orange register, the phone becomes registered but the Lock: status still shows as Lock: running (is this whats wrong? i cant find a way to make the status lock: not running)

I have used the security unlock from orange devs (which confirms application unlock success), and the SDA application unlock and SPV services

i have changed the system registry values 00001001 to 1, 00001005 to 40, 00001017 to 144

but everytime i try to install this homescreen it says -

installation failed,the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions

any help would be appreciated cheers

Edited by delta9

Guest PPCPassion
please can someone help im trying to install this homescreen to my orange c550

using orange register, the phone becomes registered but the Lock: status still shows as Lock: running (is this whats wrong? i cant find a way to make the status lock: not running)

I have used the security unlock from orange devs (which confirms application unlock success), and the SDA application unlock and SPV services

i have changed the system registry values 00001001 to 1, 00001005 to 40, 00001017 to 144

but everytime i try to install this homescreen it says -

installation failed,the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions

any help would be appreciated cheers

Have you tried the instructions listed on this link to install root certificate?

Try it and you should be able to install the file. This should work assuming your phone is FULLY app unlocked.

Edited by PPCPassion

Guest delta9
Have you tried the instructions listed on this link to install root certificate?

Try it and you should be able to install the file. This should work assuming your phone is FULLY app unlocked.

yeah ive tried that but it gives the same error, the phone is app unlocked i have the security app from orange that does it directly on the phone, and the phone imei is registered with orange

maybe i need to pay imei-check for more unlocks if thats not all done?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest tryguy

Hi Jamma,

This is a fabulous looking homescreen. Do you know if it will work on a Qtek 8100? I am fairly new (as you probably already guessed) to smartphones as we are behind the times here in Canada. I have seen articles that say the 8100 is the C500 and some that say it is essentially the C550.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Guest Jamma14

Hey guys, sorry missed your posts, yes it should work on c600 and all other QVGA smartphones so long as you have the orange plugin (4orangeh.dll) installed, which can be transferred from the e200, c500 and c550 smartphones. There is a thread about this in the general customisation section but if you cannot work out how to transfer it then you should be able to find cabs that can install the 4orangeh.dll for you via google. Keep in mind if you do not own an e200, c500 or c550 then you do not own a licensed copy and installing it would be illegal...

Kinda sucks I know but that's the way it goes. :)

And please no asking me or other forum members for a copy. ;)

EDIT: Even with the plugin installed, I'm afraid it will not work with older smartphones like the Qtek 8100 that have a resolution of 176x220, it is designed for a QVGA screen (240x320 pixels).

James

Edited by Jamma14

• 2 weeks later...
Guest olborer

well it does "kinda" work now but when i go from "calendar" down the screen goes strange [attachment] and

when i open my computer or solitaire or msn messenger i get an "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename".

any solution to this?

EDIT:

ok solved :). just needed to install smart monitor and RJTime plugins also needed to change the links in the .xml file...

ScreenShot005.bmp

Edited by olborer

Guest berni440

Hi all! I have problem with this homescreen... if I push up button on Solitaire there is a suprise.. how can I fix it... I have download newest version of this homescreen

Hi all! I have problem with this homescreen... if I push up button on Solitaire there is a suprise.. how can I fix it... I have download newest version of this homescreen

Surprise?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jamma14

Yeh it isn't as good though...:D...well his choice I guess, but I think I might let him know that benefiting from Apple and Microsoft trademarks is not going to be looked on kindly... :D ...nah that'd be mean...maybe....

olborer: That is the icon resource...it contains all the pictures for the homescreen...and nope sorry they are not customisible...unless you extract the icons for the exe and put in new ones of your own...but that's a lot of work... :D

And PPCPassion and others...I know some of you are wanting updates to this but I will start work on it again sometime! Just very busy with work and applying to universities etc...it's a busy time!!

James

PS. Bloody surprising amount of downloads from his copyrighted homescreens actually...he's made over $300 dollars from the ones he's made using mac and windows trademarks...they had a go at kleinweder when he was offering them for free....if they get wind of this then they will not be best pleased...

Edited by Jamma14

Guest PPCPassion

post-62844-1157858552_thumb.jpg

PS. Bloody surprising amount of downloads from his copyrighted homescreens actually...he's made over $300 dollars from the ones he's made using mac and windows trademarks...they had a go at kleinweder when he was offering them for free....if they get wind of this then they will not be best pleased...

I noticed the amount of $$ he is making of these screens. :D

I do have one small issue with this HS which I never had before on my prev phones. Recently, I got QTEK 8500 and installed this HS with Orange*.dll file. Everything is working fine except the first pop up. Calendar portion is fine but the Bgimage for RJ time (XPtime.bmp) is coming up as transparent? I have edited the image with picture and owner info..I can see clock but everything else such as picture and owner info is not visible. Any suggestions? See attached screen shot, you can see the clock, date etc but no bgimage. I did double check the bgimage in the xp folder as well as its path in the xml file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jwan1306

Hi I have a cingular 2125 smatphone I have installed this prgram 3 times and each time i cant scroll through anygthing it just stays on the appointment pop up screen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.