VERY strange problem with my SD card/slot...

Guest scar45

I am having a funny problem with my SD card slot on my MPx200...After booting up fresh, the phone works fine and reads from the SD card no probs. However, if I take the SD card out after Windows has loaded, then put it back in 10 secs later or so, the phone will never reinitialize the card, and it acts like it's not even in the phone until I reboot it. VERY odd indeed...

The card I was using was a Kingston 512mb (normal speed) SD card, however a buddy just lent me his 1gb Sandisk (normal speed) SD card, and it is happening with this card too.

Anyways, has anyone heard of this issue before? (it happens in WM2003 AND WM5)

ALSO, i forgot to mention that sometimes, WITHOUT me personally taking the SD card out and back in, the phone will 'lose' its connection to it and I'll notice this when someone calls and the default ring haunts me.

/startShamelessPlug - If you guys want, check out my Homescreen in People (Female) and help me get to the Top #1 Spot! (without cheating like the person who's already there)...I'm ONLY 4 away currently at #5!) You can find the theme here:

Blueness feat. Anetta Keys v1.6

Hopefully you enjoy it like the other 2,018 people who've downloaded it already. I worked my ASS off on this theme to skin EVERY part of the phone (and even more! be sure to check the attachments at the end of the post too!!)

/endShamelessPlug

But man, if I could get to the bottom of this SD card issue that's been plaguing me for a LONG while that would be soooooo SOO00oo00OO0o0oo great!!

Thanks guys!

-scar

Edited by scar45

Guest XiSt3nCe

Well, If it happens on WM5 I guess your OS would freeze. I would recommend trying contact cleaner on the SD card as well as your phone contacts(At your own risk) You may need to get creative :|

Edited by XiSt3nCe

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

I'll agree with the above post, I've had a similar problem, half way through a track I get an error message "windows cannot read this file" my fix was/is to remove the SD card, clean the contacts with an eraser, then insert and remove it a few times, they're wiper contacts in theory self cleaning, every time you insert and remove the card they should be cleaner.

:oops: I dont agree with putting cleaner in the phone, maybe a little on the card contacts.

Edited by m1.carson

Guest Alex_le_brit

Yeah I've had the same thing with my E200, and it was down to dirty contacts in the phone. BUT cleaning the SD Card's contacts and then inserting a few times worked well and it all seems fine now. I did notice too that it only ever seemed to do it when the phone was at 80% charge or below.

The other thing to do is to get hold of some Canned Air (photographic shops sell it) it's basically a pressurised spray can with no liquid in it, they usually come with a fine tube which you can use to "dust" the inside of your SD slot, works a treat and there's no risk of touching anything and breaking it inside.