Orange homescreens on a NON ORANGE device!

Guest XNUK

Guest Jamma14

Yeah! Great work!

Ok I'll attatch the mac one in a minute or two as well.

The reason the links don't work is because at the moment they are linked to :

(My Computer) - \Windows\Start Menu\Smart Explorer.lnk

(Notepad) - \Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Orneta Notepad.lnk

Where would you like me to link them to?

I'll then upload a fixed XP one for you as well.

Ps. Yeah it works! ;)

Pps.Yeah popups and that I'm still working on - XP is proving to be a little harder than the Mac one as it has to move across and downwards and there is a stupid bug in the e200 plugin that I have to work around.

Next version should be up in a week or so.

And I'll update them both with WM5 instructions and xmls.

James

Ok, Mac (c550) has been updated with instrcutions and xml etc fro WM5.

I'll do Xp (c550) when I do the next release.

The WM5 Mac xml is attatched also.

MacWM5.home.xml

Edited by Jamma14

Guest fearomoon
Yeah! Great work!

Ok I'll attatch the mac one in a minute or two as well.

The reason the links don't work is because at the moment they are linked to :

(My Computer) - \Windows\Start Menu\Smart Explorer.lnk

(Notepad) - \Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Orneta Notepad.lnk

Where would you like me to link them to?

I'll then upload a fixed XP one for you as well.

Ps. Yeah it works! ;)

Pps.Yeah popups and that I'm still working on - XP is proving to be a little harder than the Mac one as it has to move across and downwards and there is a stupid bug in the e200 plugin that I have to work around.

Next version should be up in a week or so.

And I'll update them both with WM5 instructions and xmls.

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

james,

i think currently there is no version of orneta notepad for wm5 :-( i think we have to find a different notepad app for wm5 xp...

for normal users that don't know how to edit xml it's better to point to standard sysapps, what do you think?

1 week...sounds great! ;-) i can't await to get this perfect hs fully functional! currently the best looking hs!

have a look at this one here for 2003se -> http://www.mobilejoe.de/joeforums/showthread.php?t=15926

this one has a really cool startmenu and a shutdown popup... what about implementing such a cool startmenu popup app in your xp hs?

Guest Jamma14

Yeah I would've pointed them all to sysapps, but I wanted to use XP icons and notepad was one that would fit well, and also I use notepad quite a lot. I'm sure there is a working orneta notepad for WM5, if not try vieka wordpad or notbad or something - there are lots of smartphone ones out there.

Yeah I've thought about doing a start menu but doing so might mean it takes a while to get down to the desktop shortcuts which would suck, so at the moment I've just linked it to the phone's start menu.

I'll think about it. Gotta finish the windows and sms/call popups first.

Also I will include some shutdown and startup screens after.

Also one other problem - the installation is already nearing 1meg and adding start menu etc could make it nearer 1.5megs, do people really want homescreens that big?

Guest fearomoon

ok...that's a bit too much...1.5 megs...but i think when xp hs is ready it is a real killer-hs and you don't need any other hs :D

isn't it possible to outsource the \application data\home folder to storage card? then users won't give a damn if 1 or 1,5 meg

anyway, i can't await to get this hs ;)

Guest Jamma14

O yeah I could just do it on the card...might be easier. I'll do a card version as well then. I've decided I probably will do the start menu now although I'm afraid facade and smartmonitor will probably not be included as they do not work embedded in the orange plugin. ;)

Guest fearomoon

;)

i think it would be good for both, the xp and the mac hs because if i want to use both they use almost 2 megs.. pretty much...and i think everyone who uses a smartphone has a storage card..

smartmonitor won't work? :D what about batplugin? i think a battery-/signal-indicator on hs is essential..maybe right beside the clock. or do you think it is too much information on the "taskbar" ?

Guest Jamma14

They won't be on the taskbar - as windows pop up from there. I really want to include smart monitor so I'll try to find a work around.

You'll see in the next release.

James ;)

I for one will be waiting for the next release with baited breath..

My ideal homescreen would be one that makes my phone look like a mini version of an xp pc.

Anyone else think the same??

Guest fearomoon
I for one will be waiting for the next release with baited breath..

My ideal homescreen would be one that makes my phone look like a mini version of an xp pc.

Anyone else think the same??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, i think the same...but james' xp skin exactly looks like a mini xp pc, doesn't it?

Guest Jamma14
Can anyone tell me what that "plugin-that-doesn't-excist" does? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, because if it doesn't exist, then no-one's gonna know anything about it to tell you!

Seriously though what do you mean?? :??:

EDIT: Oook, well it basically allows you to have certain plugins on the same line which you usually couldn't, can shortcut to programs and can do an sms popup, the main reason it is so good is that you can line stuff up horizontally as well as vertically so.

For Xp:

Useful to have desktop icons that can scroll up/down and left/right

Useful to have a shortcut and time on the same row at the top.

For Mac:

Useful for making the dock, meaning you can keep all the other info on the screen at the same time (smartmonitor, time, carrier) while scrolling horizontally through the plugins rather than layering them horizontally.

Hope that helps if thats what you were asking?? :D

Edited by Jamma14

Guest nickcornaglia

Just wanted to subscribe to the topic and say great job boys. I was doubtful but you have proven yourselves. nice! 8) Now to go and find my old e200! :)

Just wanted to subscribe to the topic and say great job boys. I was doubtful but you have proven yourselves. nice! 8) Now to go and find my old e200! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And now watch as I turn a c500 into wine, and feed 5000 people with just a sim card.

Guest sporkguy

begs the question: why would one want to put the homescreen from orange on a non-orange branded device? surely that's shooting oneself in the foot?

Much prefer non-branded phones personally.

Guest fearomoon

have a look at this post from james :

Oook, well it basically allows you to have certain plugins on the same line which you usually couldn't, can shortcut to programs and can do an sms popup, the main reason it is so good is that you can line stuff up horizontally as well as vertically so.

For Xp:

Useful to have desktop icons that can scroll up/down and left/right

Useful to have a shortcut and time on the same row at the top.

begs the question: why would one want to put the homescreen from orange on a non-orange branded device? surely that's shooting oneself in the foot?

Much prefer non-branded phones personally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does nothing to brand your device, the plugin was simply developed by orange that allows a much more interactive homscreen.

Guest Jamma14

We're not talking about the c500 plugin here (the one that makes the default orange homescreen with the downwards scrolling), it's a plugin that's completely unbranded and can just be used to help create, as XNUK, said more interactive and functional homescreens.

Main benefit - you can have plugins next to each other, not just one per line.

Have a look at Dr Blow's work for examples of what you can do.

James

Just wanted to subscribe to the topic and say great job boys. I was doubtful but you have proven yourselves. nice! 8) Now to go and find my old e200! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh, I was doubtful at first too but it was a team effort and I'm really pleased we've gotten it working as it is the best homescreen plugin (facade's no2 a mon avis). And although orange have stopped using it, we can now still keep using DrBlowGV, Xp, Mac etc. on upcoming devices!

Ps. encece, loving vista-ishII! :)

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Chorlie

Hi,

I've just got a new SDA II (T-Mobile) and I want the screen to look like my old Orange C500 (ie fixed icons down the left hand side).

I've tried to follow the details in your post but seem to be having some problems. I've copied the 4orangeh.dll file from my C500 into Storage/Application Data/Home and I've also installed the regsvrce.rar into the same folder, but I can't seem to run that program on the SDA II nor can I see the 4orangeh.dll file in the phone.

I read something about installing in on the storage card but there is only a folder called 2577 on the card.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Guest Chorlie

Cheers for the reply,

I've created the folders on the Storage Card, but still no joy.

Where do I place the regsvrce.rar file & how do you run it, when I click on it nothing happens, also the I can see the 4orangeh.dll on my phone, but I can see it via my PC.

Any Ideas

Is there an idiots guide?

Thanks Guys

Guest Jamma14

The rar is like a zip file. You know what a zip is right? Download winrar or a free un-raring program for your pc, extract the exe from the rar and then put the exe on the phone.

James

But the homescreen you want uses a different plugin - you'll need to copy a different dll. Although I'm not sure of the name of that dll.

:?:

EDIT: There we are, roma has it. You'll need to do the same method with homescreen.dll, and you'll have to copy the xml of the orange homescreen to your new phone as well.

Edited by Jamma14