• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

spacecowboy6982

spacecowboy6982

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:.::Everything and Anything::.
  • Devices:SPV C600
Good job !

Just got the phone yesterday and Im never EVER going away from Smartphones again :oops:

Spacecowboy :)

.::Orange.Branded.Shoes::.
-------------------------------------------------------
.::C600:SanDisk:MiniSD-1Gb:De-Cert::.
.::Glad:To:Be:Back:@:MoDaCo::.

BONDS

BONDS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Guys a quick question:

I have 2125 on order and getting it within a few days. When watching videos on TCPMP in fullscreen mode, can the image be seen as widescreen mode, so that you would be holding the phone sideways to watch the video?

Snooginsguy

Snooginsguy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:Tilt, 2125, SMT5600
Yeah, there is an option to change to FUllscreen, and it rotates the view 90 degrees to the right.

BONDS

BONDS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
thanks for the quick response snooginsguy

dcraig

dcraig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 2125
Still learning how to use the phone but wondered if there is a way to work with Outlook on a PC to manage the contacts on the phone? Can you export /import the contacts between the phone and Outlook, then work with them in a separate folder from all the hundreds I have on my PC to make additions or deletions easier?

Noted the earlier post of how to copy contacts on SIM card to phone, is possible to do the same thing by exporting contacts to Outlook and importiing them back to the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Pete Teoh

Pete Teoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Still learning how to use the phone but wondered if there is a way to work with Outlook on a PC to manage the contacts on the phone?  Can you export /import the contacts between the phone and Outlook,  then work with them in a separate folder from all the hundreds I have on my PC to make additions or deletions easier?

Noted the earlier post of how to copy contacts on SIM card to phone, is possible to do the same thing by exporting contacts to Outlook and importiing them back to the phone.

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ActiveSync will automatically sync your entire contact list from Outlook to the Smartphone. If you only want to sync a subset of your Outlook contacts, then create a new folder and in Outlook and move the contacts you don't want to sync into that.

patrickem

patrickem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC 2125
Did the application unlock on my phone on my phone and it didn't work. For value 00001017 it was at 16 not 128 but changed it to 144 anyways. Changing all the setting does nothing and when I go back in to check they have all reverted back to the original settings.

skisteven1

skisteven1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just got my 2125 a week ago, and I haven't had much time to play with it, but this is a great post OP! One question though -- does anyone know how to change the background of the start menu? right now, I have a cingular logo on a blue background, even if i change the color scheme (start->settings->home screen) to guava bubbles (the only other option atm). Anyone know how to change this?

chasdl

chasdl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox SMT 5600
Hi PatrickJames,

thanks so much for an excellent post...

I installed the CAB that moves the temporary Internet files to the storage card on my Cingular 2125. The CAB installed just fine (on the card), but now my smartphone IE can't establish a connection. Apparently the password is incorrect, and the strange thing is that when I change it to the correct value, it is not saved. The old, incorrect password returns on its own.

Have you encountered this problem, and is there a solution that you know of?

Thanks...

HDD

HDD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Great post indeed, I myself just got the phone a week ago and was searching for stuff.. anyways... I will be trying these tweeks. In the mean time have a question... how can I make photos of my contacts show bigger when they call me... its tiny, cant see it.. I tried installing some software that I found.. but its annoying.. childs stuf... I dont want it themed with hearts and crap around the pic, just want to make the picture bigger when someone calls me and I have assigned them a pic...

:)

MadSci

MadSci

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

ActiveSync will automatically sync your entire contact list from Outlook to the Smartphone. If you only want to sync a subset of your Outlook contacts, then create a new folder and in Outlook and move the contacts you don't want to sync into that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It may not be an issue anyway. I have over 2400 Contacts in my Outlook, and I sync ALL of them to my Smartphones.

MPx200 stalled on all that data. MPx220 and SMT5600 handled them well. Thinking hard about getting a 2125. WIth the increased processor speed and memory, it should do just great!

MadSci

Lantec

Lantec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Still learning how to use the phone but wondered if there is a way to work with Outlook on a PC to manage the contacts on the phone?  Can you export /import the contacts between the phone and Outlook,  then work with them in a separate folder from all the hundreds I have on my PC to make additions or deletions easier?

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. It's been useful.

On the above question I have a tip. I used to keep all my contacts in separate folders (Architects, Surveyors, Engineers, etc) which would sync to my Blackberry just like in Outlook but when I got the 2125 it just dumps them all into one huge list. The trick was to add a category name to each contact in Outlook. It took me a while but now I can click contacts, menu, filter(7) and what are folders on Outlook show up in the filter list. So that those I use most are at the top of the list I came up with category names like AAFamily, ABFriends, ACCoWorkers etc.

DisasterBUSE

DisasterBUSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yes.  You'll have to port the mmode settings over still after unlocking the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How in the hell am I supposed to do that? I am going nuts trying to change the settings on my phone to no avail. Please tell me someone can help. I cannot send and receive MMS messages and I know its because of the cingular settings still on the 2125 while unlocked using my AT&T sim. Any help would be highly appreciated.

BONDS

BONDS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Did the application unlock on my phone on my phone and it didn't work.  For value 00001017 it was at 16 not 128 but changed it to 144 anyways.  Changing all the setting does nothing and when I go back in to check they have all reverted back to the original settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys,

I am having the same problem.
for 00001001 I had 1 as default instead of 2
for 00001005 I had 16 so that was fine.
for 00001017 I had 16 instead of 128 and changed it 144.

After that i tried installing TCPMP and i get an error saying its not compatible with WINDOWS CE.

Any help is much appreciated....

m8cca

m8cca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

How in the hell am I supposed to do that? I am going nuts trying to change the settings on my phone to no avail. Please tell me someone can help. I cannot send and receive MMS messages and I know its because of the cingular settings still on the 2125 while unlocked using my AT&T sim. Any help would be highly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't tried it personal. Have you tried the following:

Go to your Inbox.
Menu - > Options -> Account Options -> MMS
Menu - > MMSC Settings
Menu - > New

Enter settings for ATT MMS there; Save

Menu - > Set as Default

Good luck.

DisasterBUSE

DisasterBUSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Haven't tried it personal.  Have you tried the following:

Go to your Inbox.
Menu - > Options -> Account Options -> MMS
Menu - > MMSC Settings
Menu - > New

Enter settings for ATT MMS there; Save

Menu - > Set as Default
Good luck.

<{<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried that and didn't work. I'm guessing it is because the mmode gprs and wap settings aren't programmed on the phone yet. I'm just guessing though. I had a crazy night and the chick sent me a pic from that night with her in it and have lost all my patience already. Cannot send or receive at all. Ill share with the rest if its of any incentive. Thanks all.

DisasterBUSE

DisasterBUSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I tried that and didn't work. I'm guessing it is because the mmode gprs and wap settings aren't programmed on the phone yet. I'm just guessing though. I had a crazy night and the chick sent me a pic from that night with her in it and have lost all my patience already. Cannot send or receive at all. Ill share with the rest if its of any incentive. Thanks all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im such a grammer freak, that last sentence should be "As an incentive Ill share with all if it matters." Or something like that.

Coucou

Coucou

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:Stockport County
Tip for slow learners (like me):
Have a play with the keys to see what long keypresses will do. Holding down the Home key launches the Comm Manager! Very handy ;)

Animo et Fide

m8cca

m8cca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. You will need to create the new settings for mmode GPRS also so your Internet connection is working.

I found some information for mmode in WM2003SE which I edited for WM5. Haven't personally tried it but hope it works for you. However if the MMS message sent to you was too old it might not get delivered as it only stays on the network for some time.

Good luck.

AT&T GPRS, WAP/mMODE, & MMS settings

1) Start>Settings>Connections>Proxy

2) Delete MEdia Net Settings.

3) Menu>Add

4) Create PROXY CONNECTION:
Description: mMode
Connects from: The Internet
Connects to: WAP network
Proxy (name:port): 10.250.250.54:8080
Type: HTTP
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

5) Open GPRS Connections.

6) Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>Menu>Add
Create a new GPRS CONNECTION
Description: AWS GPRS
Connects to: The Internet
Access point: proxy
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Primary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0)
Secondary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0)
IP address: (blank)

7) Start>Settings>Connections>Menu>Advanced
DATA CONNECTIONS
Internet Connection: AWS GPRS
Work Connection: Automatic
WAP Connection: AWS GPRS
Secure WAP Connection: Automatic

8.) In Internet Explorer, Menu>Tools>Options>Connections
Auto Detect Settings: Unchecked
Select Network: Wap Network

9) MMS SETUP.
Inbox>Menu>Options>Account Options>MMS>Menu>MMSC Settings.

10) Menu>New
Name: AWS MMS
MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net
WAP Gateway: 10.250.250.100
Port: 9201
Connect Via: The Internet
Max. Sending Size: 100K
WAP Version: WAP 1.2

Click Done

Menu>Set as Default

11) Click Back Arrow to return to the MMS Preferences Screen

Check the following boxes:
Retrieve Immediately
Save sent messages
Allow delivery report
Allow read report

No. of Attempts: 3
Photo Resolution: Original Resolution

Click DONE.

DisasterBUSE

DisasterBUSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I tried it and the good news is that my phone's receiving icon showed up but then got the message that there was a problem recieving the mms. I then tried to send an MMS and got the same message. Could it be that WINMOB 5.0 has something that 03 doesn't have? Maybe some option of some sort?

Edited by DisasterBUSE, 17 March 2006 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users