HTC Prophet / Dopod 818 Pro questions? Ask here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest spangelsaregreat

Paul,

OnSpeed is very good. It cuts the actual GPRS usage by up to ten times and gives you Broadband speeds (well 1Mbps anyway) for internet.

There is a yearly subscription of £24.99 which is cheap when you compare it against what your GPRS costs would be without it.

I believe there are other programs that do the same job but I have not tried any of them.

Regards

Guest Paul [MVP]

I have been in touch with OnSpeed.

It seems the current version does not work with WM5, I am trying to find out if there is going to be an update.

P

Guest nattorn
Skype is a no-go ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I downloaded the low CPU version for Skype and it works fine on my device. But I am on Wifi though...GPRS absolutely doesn't work at all- way too choppy for conversations.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Maybe my WiFi connection was poor then!

BTW, playing with ONSPEED on the desktop, pretty neat!

I should have some news on WM5 version later today...

P

Guest nattorn
Hi Nattorn,

Have you got the link for the Skype download you're using ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure it is at this link

Look under "These versions are recommended if your Pocket PC has a CPU of 312 MHz" and for the file SkypeForPocketPC_low_cpu_beta.CAB File size: 5.7 MB

Guest byng777

Hi, anyone knows how to make the phone pad function work when inputting words?

Everytime when I attempt to switch to the phone pad, the keyboard function keeps coming up in the Dopod... which is really irritating.

Is it a problem with the v5.0 OS? Thanks in advance if you can help! :)

Jo

Cool beans!

My Dopod 818 Pro (aka HTC Prophet), Black WWE, arrived this morning!

So if you have any questions about the device also known as the iMate JamIn and the QTek S200, ask them here :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the voice call quality like compared to the iMate Jam?

I live in a marginal signal area and while I can use my Sony-Ericsson feature phone without any problems, I often get complaints from collegues when I use my Jam or my C500, particularly via bluetooth headset.

On average I will make or receive 2 or 3 hours of voicecalls per day so signal strenth and call quality are both very important to me.

Xerxes

What's the voice call quality like compared to the iMate Jam?

I live in a marginal signal area and while I can use my Sony-Ericsson feature phone without any problems, I often get complaints from collegues when I use my Jam or my C500, particularly via bluetooth headset.

On average I will make or receive 2 or 3 hours of voicecalls per day so signal strenth and call quality are both very important to me.

Xerxes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't anybody have an opinion on this?

Guest chucky.egg

Sorry, I didn't see your question so maybe nobody else did either

I get very good reception everywhere I commonly go, so it might not be much help to you, but I find:

The connection speed is a little slow (when it's first trying to place the call)

The in-call sound quality is very good (not perfect, but then what is)

I've heard no comments that the other party can't hear me clearly, but I'll ask the next few callers.

Guest chucky.egg

Sit down?

No. If you can chew gum without drooling you should be able to text standing up. :)

If you mean "can you text one handed" then yes - if you use PhonePad

Guest Syphon Filter

Does anyone know when this device is going to be available from the UK networks directly? (as opposed to buying via expansys etc)...

I REALLY want one of these but I just cant bring myself to spend £400+ on it...its getting tempting though!!