cybergizmo

cybergizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact II
Hi,

NEWBIE here.

The Internet shortcut at the bottom right of the MDA screen causes the following error to be displayed. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

Shortcut Target
==========

Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

Hekp appretiated.

dave106

dave106

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Devices:ULTiMATE 8502
never worked on mine either, if you go into settings and then system tab and then soft key you can change it to internet explorer which works. think t-mobile missed that bit in testing.

Posted Image

kaf

kaf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:xda ii
If you delete internet explorer out of startup it doesn't work - it seems to link to there rather than internet explorer itself

cybergizmo

cybergizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Guys, both Solve the issue.

Now if only I could stop it losing a signal whenever it feels like it I would have a great phone as well as a PDA.

John.

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
I've found the signal to be ok on mine, and that's in a poor area (it's only ever 1 to 2bars as on ANY phone). cybergizmo, is it the GSM phone signal u're losing or is GPRS cutting out during use?

cybergizmo

cybergizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I've found the signal to be ok on mine, and that's in a poor area (it's only ever 1 to 2bars as on ANY phone). cybergizmo, is it the GSM phone signal u're losing or is GPRS cutting out during use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Its the GSM phone singal that keeps going. A soft reset seems to sort the problem out but its very annoying to have to do this. I was kind of expecting it to just find the signal again on its own.

Some days its fine, others once signal has gone it never comes back with a soft reset or forcing it to search again

Other than this issue, the phone is great.

8)

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Certainly not a problem I've had and you would have thought the fact I'm in a low signal area would make this more noticable. That suggests it isn't a general bug.

Which leaves a faulty handset or dodgy software...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users