Registering your Dopod 818 Pro

Guest niek_groot

Guest niek_groot

I just tried registering my Dopod 818 Pro at www.dopod.hk after being informed by Dopod support that because I purchased my phone through Expansys who had it shipped over from their HK warehouse i could not use the english site at www.dopodasia.com - oh pooh :D

In any case, since I cant read what I assme is Chinese, I struggled a bit (to say the least!). I eventually got it registered (I think) by comparing the www.dopodasia.com registration form with the www.dopod.hk one. I received an email which I presume activated my account. I can't seem to log-in however, and can only imagine this is because my password got messed up somewhere down the line.

There's a forget password button - dully clicked, email entered, and email received:

親愛的Dopod會員您好,以下為您的會員帳號資料:

帳號: subliminal / 密碼:

Dopod International Corp.

..now what's that all about :D

Let me know if anyone has any insight or has gotten any further in the registration process ;) The reason I'm so keen is because Dopod support kindly informed me that is where AKU2 will be released once it comes out of testing.

Guest niek_groot

Thanks - at least I know what the message says now ;)

..problem is it says I have no password :D (e.g. Password: )

How am I going to explain that one! :D

Guest niek_groot

ooohyes! - the password was actually blank (how on earth did that happen). It wouldnt let me log in due to javascript validation on the password length (e.g. it forces you to enter at least 6 characters) so I saved the page and removed the checking.. then submitted and I'm in ;)

w00t - and thanks Paul :D (hope you're having as much fun with this phone as me btw!)

Edited by niek_groot

Guest niek_groot

4gig SD is on my to-buy list too ;) beats an iPod in my opinion :D (at least an iPod mini)

that and a decent (wm5 compatible) VOIP client - trying to hunt down CiceroPhone

• 1 year later...
Guest machani_machani

hay some body help me i lost my bill and i want to register for dopod my

hd no is : ht648ew04124 so how can i register without date