GPRS Monitor for XDA EXEC

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill

Hi Guys

Anyone had any luck with installing the gprs monitor with the latest rom version? Mine keeps telling me to get the correct rom version and then install it. I am assuming it is only for the previous rom and doesnt like the new one.

Thanks

Phill

Guest deadphill

If you only just got the unit say within the last month it comes with the latest rom on the handset. The latest rom version being 1.13.188.

You can check it by going to start, settings, system, device information. The rom setting is the one at the bottom.

Still doesnt help me though. Any thoughts? I have emailed O2 and am awaiting a response.

Phill

Guest ninja12innotts

I had the same problem installing the software supplied off the disc.

Are you installing to storage card or on the phone ?

I downloaded the current version and installed to phone, it didnt work when installed to storage card.

Hope that helps you all.

Guest sparkesy

? what software on the disc?

I've complained to the exec office after finding that the m5000 was supposed to include a gprs monitor.

I even tried to install spb gprs monitor, which I'd previously purchased for my M2000, and that didn't work at all. All it did was crash my pda

Guest ninja12innotts

When I first tried the software on the O2 disc it came up with the error. I think this was after a normal installation with all the O2 rubbish after turning the phone on for the first time.

I then downloaded and paid for the current spbGPRS Monitor software, dont know which version is on the disc.

Did a corporate installation on a hard reset installed the software and it all worked.

• 2 months later...
Guest jimscrivener

I have the same problem.

New XDA Exec with new rom.

Can't install the GPRS monitor (on phone or on SD card)

Even more annoyingly, I can't use Phone Pad. It just never opens. Only gets the standard keyboard.

It's a great machine but seems to have some bugs that O2 isn't very interested in ...

Guest jimscrivener
I have the same problem.

New XDA Exec with new rom.

Can't install the GPRS monitor (on phone or on SD card)

Even more annoyingly, I can't use Phone Pad. It just never opens. Only gets the standard keyboard.

It's a great machine but seems to have some bugs that O2 isn't very interested in ...

Ths solution is to go to the O2 XDA Exec site, http://xda.o2.co.uk/alreadyHaveExec.aspx, sign in for updating your ROM (you don't need to update it) at which point you are presented with a chance to download the App suite again including the GPRS monitor. This version worked fine for me. NB This is only available for O2 customers.

• 1 month later...
Guest deadphill

Yea I got it installed and everything now. Brilliant I thought.

Nope its all installed but doesnt count the data I am using! Ha ha ha.

I give up I think!!

Phill :)

Guest jimscrivener
Yea I got it installed and everything now. Brilliant I thought.

Nope its all installed but doesnt count the data I am using! Ha ha ha.

I give up I think!!

Phill :)

Mmm - yes! Mine seems to count data - but ridiculously! I sign on and already I've used up more than half my month's allowance (according to it). Check my online bill in panic - nothing used at all.

Seems to be a dud program. Works on other machines but not this PDA. SO why is O2 distributing it, I wonder?