Uncertified Doom.....ALPHA version

Guest MBoden

I wanna post some code too !! :wink:

DoomSPV is born ;)

No sound, no guarantees except for lots of bugs :wink:

get it at http://www.bodenhoff.com/spv/doomspv.zip

unzip and copy to phone , the DoomSPV directory containing the doom1.wad file MUST be in the same directory as the DoomSPV.EXE

* = Shoot

# = Use (and answering y when quitting)

3 = Escape

have fun

Yeh im having that predicament too agent.m!! Still You are suposed to release the source mboden, since its under GNU. Not that im bothered its just someone might be able to help you out if you provide the source!

But cheers mate and keep up the good work, im lovin this gameboy emulator and doom in the same day, *blonk" (sound of me dropping on the floor from cronic heart failure)

DJ Hope

Yeah , and the sourcecode WILL be released soon, i would like to clean it up a bit and preferably with sound working ;-)

would also like to test the net-part as well, would be cool to play netdoom on a phone ;-)

DJHope> Doom locks up on you ??

the program leaves a log fil with the .exe file , i would like to see that file ?

Oh and how much memory do you have available ?

Ok, now I'm upset :roll: . I wasn't going to unlock my phone as we were going to get our shareware signed. I thought I could wait for some more signed software. Now some git has gone and ported my favourite game of all time :roll: .

Please please tell me it's not working very well and I should wait a few more days for a better version.

MBoden you're a genius but what am I going to do now??

You guys that have tried it. How playable is it? Does it crash much?

Be aware its ALPHA and takes about 10 years to load (okay not that long but it aint quick). Also its about 5-8 FPS when you get in the game not too bad, heres a screen shot to get you going ;)

MBoden: No it didnt lock up, just my impatients!

DoomSPV.jpg

Well done MBODEN! Nice work :lol:

Guest agent.m
Footballers wives - you loosers (no offence). Only women are allowed to watch that

here mate its "losers" and you`ll be supprised what women watch believe me!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry but footballers wives = fit, it has been proved that whilst men watch programms with very nice looking women they dont take any of it in anyways so its not like we are watching it like women do!

DJ Hope

Guest jtsaint

It took forever ( 4 minutes ) to boot but plays very very well. In fact I am getting a very playable frame rate (more than 8 or 9! ) and its brilliant.

Congratulations!

4 minutes ?????

what are you running in the background ?

i just timed it , it took 35 seconds to load on my phone (from shortcut to Doom intro screen) and another 8 seconds from pressing go on difficulty to the game started ?

i'm running with keyclicks and from a 128Mb MMC card

It will be a bit faster though, it's logging quite a bit of data during startup, i will fix it when i know how many people have problems running the program

Glad you all like it though, i'll see if i can finish my notedpad thingy in the next couple of days and then we'll see what turns up next, Mame is stuck so it probably wont be that .

Spectrum emulator anyone ?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Downloaded ok created a shortcut to save using all-explorer,

looks ok goes to load, you can see it load then it just bombs out and goes back to the home screen :lol:

Any ideas?

Not to worry I've just done a re-start and it runs ok ;)

The memories are flooding back

I LOVE THIS PHONE :lol:

yeh MBoden i reset my phone and loaded it and it took about 5minutes too! Weird that it dosnt on yours, are you sure you didnt compile that released exe as a debug relese?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Woring very well but then tried to do a save out of curiosity

and it's now running veeeerrrrrry slooowww.

Menus are very slow is this normal?

Yes , it is a debug executable , quite large and it logs a lot and allocates quite a lot of memory, an estimate is that it uses around 5MB of memory, i will lower this number somewhat, this .exe however was all about seeing how people received it and if it ran and if it didn't give me something to work with :-)