Latest Orange ROM and GPRS / Signal Problems

Guest Shaunfarris

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

I've done the Orange ROM update from the Orange Website, (by the way does anyone know where to find a complete list of the changes in this ROM), everything appears to work great apart from GPRS which just doesnt seem to be as reliable...........has anything changed on this front???

Also I am noticing my signal strength is definitely at least 1 bar lower in strength causing even more frustration when indoors at home where my signal has never been great anyway.

Any ideas, on both fronts but especially GPRS.

Cheers

Shaun

Guest Shaunfarris

Almost forgot, If something has changed on the GPRS could it account for more battery loss????

As I am using the AlwaysonMail SEVEN email Push software which dials GPRS, if it fails to connect and keeps trying, I assume this using a lot of battery power???

Guest matt1971

Hi,

...am still on the old ROM and there are options available to change between GPRS classes (8 and 10).

Have heard that the new ROM causes increase in battery usage and slightly more GPRS instability

Matt

Hi

I am having the same problems with GPRS, its really poor. It is so flaky its untrue. I can't find anything that sorts the problem out, but if you change the GPRS class from 10 to 8 (then tap OK) is says the radio will be reset, then go back and change it to 10 again and that appears to get the GPRS working again. I have no idea what this does from a technical perspective but it is marginally more Convenient than a soft reset. I have tried turning the radio off (flight mode) but this does not help every time.

I use my M2000 more for email and browsing than i do for voice so this is really bad for me, but i do think the bluethooth is better.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pragmatic
Hi

I am having the same problems with GPRS, its really poor.  It is so flaky its untrue.  I can't find anything that sorts the problem out, but if you change the GPRS class from 10 to 8 (then tap OK) is says the radio will be reset, then go back and change it to 10 again and that appears to get the GPRS working again.  I have no idea what this does from a technical perspective but it is marginally more Convenient than a soft reset.  I have tried turning the radio off (flight mode) but this does not help every time.

I use my M2000 more for email and browsing than i do for voice so this is really bad for me, but i do think the bluethooth is better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, mine has gone exactly the same way. GPRS is awful and it's not seeing my WiFi at all. Soft reset solves the problem but after a couple of downloads it dies again. Agreed that the bluetooth is better but mobile email is my priority. Almost tempted to go back to the old ROM. Does any body have a link to this?