Vista-ish II

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

[1556]screenshot.gif

File Name :: Vista-ish II

Author :: encece

Category :: QVGA Computer

Description ::

This is an evolution of my first Vista-ish homescreen. I hope you like it.

INSTALLATION:

1) Install Plugins onto your phone (Not included in this download):

SmartMonitor - http://www.ferrandez.plus.com/SmartMonitor/

Facade - http://www.sbsh.net/products/facade/

HILAlarm - http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=549381

(dont download cab from first post...download from post #13)

FizzTraveller - http://www.fizzsoftware.com/smartphone/fiz...eller/index.htm

2) Copy entire Vista-ish II folder and it's contents into ApplicationData/Home/Monitor folder

3) Copy vista-ishII.home.xml & vista-ishII.jpg to ApplicationData/Home folder.

4) Switch to the Vista-ish II homescreen in settings and you are done!

EDIT: Fixed the Messaging plugin. Email, SMS, and VMail were not in the correct order.

Updated Fri, Feb 3 2006 5:45 am

View File

Guest hecatae

having real problems with the xml of this on my c550, it's not happy with the line below fizztraveller shows 3 Xs and shifts everything else making it unreadable.

edit: may be because I've installed fizz traveller 2 not 2.2

Edited by hecatae

Guest jasnewt

Hi,

I like the new version of your homescreen. I have been using the previous Vista one for a while. The one problem with that was that the text on the Traveller plugin never showed up unless you highlighted the actual plugin. Never did solve that, although it wasn't a big issue.

I do have a couple of problems with this one:

- There is no indication which of the three Facade tabs are currently selected, although this isn't a major issue as a glance at the main plugin window will tell you. Same thing with plugin tabs below. When moving with the joystick up and down the screen, there is no indication which plugin is currently highlighted. With the plugins on the bottom part of the screen that makes it difficult to select the one you want.

- There are no meters shown in the Smartmonitor plugin. The text appears when the plugin is highlighted but that's it.

I like the look of this, plus I don't have the issue I had with the Traveller plugin text that I had with the first Vista homescreen.

I do like this screen! It would be perfect if the above issues could be sorted.

FYI I have an Orange C550, WM2003SE.

Nice work though!

Jason.

Guest jasnewt

Lemac,

Thanks for the updated file. That has solved the issues I had.

One small alteration I made was to make the 'Missed Calls' label line up with those above it, by removing the space in the plugin text.

I did also make the Facade text size 12 so you can fit another line or two in the view section. Obviously this is just a matter of personal taste.

Thanks to both encece for the original file and Lemac for the alterations. This is without doubt my favourite home screen. Great work!

Jason.

Guest nickcornaglia

Thanks for the comments. No problems modifying the XML at all.

I uploaded an updated version because the EMAIL, SMS and VMAIL in the XML were in the wrong order.

Also, The Signal meter is in the right spot....the HILAlarm is giving me fits. Sometimes it shows up on the screen and everything is where it should be and sometimes it doesnt and everything below it moves up 20px.

I would post a modified version WITHOUT the Alarm plugin (that doesnt work on WM5 anyway) but I accidentally deleted my Photoshop file.

But a member at SBSH.net was kind enough to do it and has posted it there...it's the version I am using currently :)

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showt...indpost&p=88879

Guest jasnewt

I'm now using the version without HILAlarm. I doubt I would use that function much, and it does allow more room for the Facade view area, which is of more use to me.

I did also swap the Email, SMS, VMail order as per your update here.

Makes for one excellent homescreen!

Jason.

• 2 weeks later...
I would post a modified version WITHOUT the Alarm plugin (that doesnt work on WM5 anyway) but I accidentally deleted my Photoshop file.

But a member at SBSH.net was kind enough to do it and has posted it there...it's the version I am using currently :)

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showt...indpost&p=88879

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the great work encece. Indeed HIL Alarm doesn't work on my C600 (due to WM5 I presume). When you move along it's turning alarm off. Good you've taken out a version without it. FIZZ Traveler's alarms are better anyway.

Guest youngie

Hey guys

First time on the forum but i've been an observer for months now.

I've got the new vista-ish homscreen for my WM5 C600 but it doesn;t seem to be picking up any of the applications!

It is giving me an unrecognisable file icon instead. Every other fearure works perfectly and I have all the recomended plugins installed! :?:

Any suggestions?

Cheers

• 2 months later...
Guest outlawrekkka

Thanks for a beautiful homescreen. My phone is a US TMO SDA.I'm getting the same thing youngie may have. It is in the "recently used apps". In the screenshot.gif, it would be -calendar,notepad,contacts, etc.

Instead I get a set of icons that represent an unrecognizable shortcut or file.

If I choose any of them, an "alert" screen then comes up and states: "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename." If I have to change anything please can someone tell me? thanks.

btw, I did read encece's reply, but I do not know where the shortcut links are located.

edit:spelling

Edited by outlawrekkka

Guest outlawrekkka

Ok I think I found it, loooking at it in notepad. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Woohoo! thanks encece. Edited in notepad as you said. Took a while, but this old brain figured it out.

Edited by outlawrekkka

Guest jinner
Hi,

I like the new version of your homescreen. I have been using the previous Vista one for a while. The one problem with that was that the text on the Traveller plugin never showed up unless you highlighted the actual plugin. Never did solve that, although it wasn't a big issue.

I do have a couple of problems with this one:

- There is no indication which of the three Facade tabs are currently selected, although this isn't a major issue as a glance at the main plugin window will tell you. Same thing with plugin tabs below. When moving with the joystick up and down the screen, there is no indication which plugin is currently highlighted. With the plugins on the bottom part of the screen that makes it difficult to select the one you want.

- There are no meters shown in the Smartmonitor plugin. The text appears when the plugin is highlighted but that's it.

I like the look of this, plus I don't have the issue I had with the Traveller plugin text that I had with the first Vista homescreen.

I do like this screen! It would be perfect if the above issues could be sorted.

FYI I have an Orange C550, WM2003SE.

Nice work though!

Jason.

I've got the same phone and the same problems with the original Vista-ish II.zip file. I tried the updated version by Lemac but that hangs with the rotating windows hour glass and doesn't change the homescreen when it finally stops.

I'm not running th traveller pluging but I have tried with this deleted and still get the same issue. Can anyone help?

I've made an new background without the facade tabs in the middle - but I can't use it at the mo...

vistasortofii8of.jpg

Guest nickcornaglia

Take a look at the instructions in the zip file again. Sounds like you have the additional graphics in the wrong folder.

Guest jinner

Thanks Encece, I checked and all files were in the correct locations. After further investigation I found I had to change the paths to include '\Storage' in front of the 'Application\Home....' paths as I have WSP2003. This is the same as in Lemac's UK version of the XML file.

However there seems to be something very strange going on with the last image - Vista-ish05.jpg - which is the background for the messages plugin. As soon as I correct the path for this image the homescreen won't load. If I substitute the image filename for Vista-ish04.jpg it works (obviously with the wrong image though)....??? This is why Lemac's file didn't work for me.

I just can't get it working with the correct message plugin backgound. I have even tried renaming files and pasting the Vista-ish05.jpg image into a copy of the Vista-ish04.jpg file - but somehow it knows and just hangs. Has anyone else had issues with jpgs loading? are there limits on colours / sizes etc?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stephsama
Welcome to the forum :)

Which icon are you missing ?

Have you installed all the plugins ?

icon like internet explorer,contacts,etc..... in fatc i would like to know how create shortcut i dont know it

Edited by stephsama

Guest Disco Stu

You need to open the xml file with MS Notepad and edit the shortcuts to point to the location of the programs on your phone. This will mostly be to remove the 'Productivity' and 'Communications' etc parts of the script which won't be applicable to you. For example :

<Button action="Run" command="\Windows\Start Menu\Calendar.lnk" />
He uses the shortcuts in the Start Menu folder but you can also make them point to the exe file on the storage card if you have your software installed there. You would then have, for example :
<Button action="Run" command="\Storage Card\Program Files\File Manager\File Manager.exe" />

It is easy once you get started. Make sure you put the correct spaces in and spell correctly.

:) :)

Guest stephsama
You need to open the xml file with MS Notepad and edit the shortcuts to point to the location of the programs on your phone. This will mostly be to remove the 'Productivity' and 'Communications' etc parts of the script which won't be applicable to you. For example :

<Button action="Run" command="\Windows\Start Menu\Calendar.lnk" />
He uses the shortcuts in the Start Menu folder but you can also make them point to the exe file on the storage card if you have your software installed there. You would then have, for example :
<Button action="Run" command="\Storage Card\Program Files\File Manager\File Manager.exe" />

It is easy once you get started. Make sure you put the correct spaces in and spell correctly.

:) :)

thanks a lot for this answer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.