6 replies to this topic

dreadnought

dreadnought

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Magician
Hi there.

I have had an s110 for 6 months or so, but never really bothered too much with the MMS - I set it up and forgot about it. Anyway, someone sent me a picture message the other day, and it didn't come through. I checked if I could send messages, and I couldn't, so I did a quick reset, and the send worked fine. The recieve still doesn't work though. I've checked the settings against those I got from the o2 shop today, and they seem ok, but something must be wrong for it not to work.

Has anyone successfully set up a magician on o2 to use MMS, or is there something obvious that is a common mistake when setting these up on any network?

Any help would be appreciated.

--Gavin

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:golf, cars, gadgets
  • Devices:HTC One x on 3
  • Twitter:@Br1an_g
mine worked fine.

once i had set up GPRS manually, there was an o2 icon that let me get settings..

it did take a couple of trys though the first time.

Posted Image

dreadnought

dreadnought

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

mine worked fine.

once i had set up GPRS manually, there was an o2 icon that let me get settings..

it did take a couple of trys though the first time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply... don't suppose you could bash out a quick guide for me, so I can verify that I've done everything correctly, I would greatly appreciate it if you could...

--Gavin
[edit] I now have the receive working, but as with sending, I have to reset the device to get it to connect to the MMS connection, rather than the standard 'internet' gprs connection. I think this problem is not related to MMS as such, but it's very irritating. To expand on this problem a little; if I connect to one connection (eg MMS), even if I disconnect, I then cannot connect to the other (i.e. Standard GPRS) without a device reset. This works both ways, so I can connect to one connection, and disconnect/reconnect fine, but not switch to the other.

Also, once it has sent/received an MMS, it stays connected to that connection, rather than the other - how do I then disconnect this (i.e. is there a better way than holding the 'hang up phone' button), should I wish to use the internet?

Edited by dreadnought, 04 February 2006 - 12:34 AM.

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
my MMS and GPRS were over the same connection..

dont know why you would need to change.

i dont have my phone at the moment as its getting repaired, but will post up my settings when its back to see if this helps

Posted Image

dreadnought

dreadnought

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

my MMS and GPRS were over the same connection..

dont know why you would need to change.

i dont have my phone at the moment as its getting repaired, but will post up my settings when its back to see if this helps

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After a hard reset and re-configuration, I now have it working with the two connections. I'm intrigued to know how you do it with one, however; so if you could post that config when your phone comes back, I would be interested to see how you have it set up.

Thanks for the help
--Gavin

dreadnought

dreadnought

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

After a hard reset and re-configuration, I now have it working with the two connections. I'm intrigued to know how you do it with one, however; so if you could post that config when your phone comes back, I would be interested to see how you have it set up.

Thanks for the help
--Gavin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As another follow-up, whilst I can now receive MMS messages, I can only do so if I'm connected to the MMS connection at the time - my phone doesn't seem to be picking up whatever command from o2 it should to connect and retrieve :-/

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
hey m8,

finally got my phone back so can post up my settings which i had to do manually this time.

from scratch:

i set up a new modem connection (within My Work) with the following settings:
APN:mobile.o2.co.uk
username:web (or 'faster' is apparently faster)
password:password
DNS:193.113.200.200
ALT DNS: 193.113.200.201

i then went into the advanced tab within the connections page and went into select networks and set both of these to 'My Work Network' (default name which can be changed)

i went into my MMS messages>Tools>MMS Settings

connect via = my work network
then set up a server with the following settings:
server name: mobile.o2.co.uk
gateway: 193.113.200.195
port:8002
server address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk

now when i send or receive an MMS it connects to o2 mobile, using my modem connection in part 1. I can browse after the MMS has gone on the same connection and session.

HTH.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users