BROKEN SP5 SCREEN

Guest CAVADIAS

Guest CAVADIAS

Dear all,

Please help,

How can I get it reapaired? I live in Greece and ordered it from expansys. Are you aware of a service method?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Guest fluffcat1
Dear all,

Please help,

How can I get it reapaired? I live in Greece and ordered it from expansys. Are you aware of a service method?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Hello,

look on www.clubimate.com for your local service agent and ask them for a price. In the UK it is SBE ltd and they are useless. Expansys use SBE :-(

As a chargeable repair it will cost approximatley £100 - £120 based on costs for other HTC handsets. Are you confident enough to open the casing and tell me the part number of the screen? I may be able to locate one for you to fit yourself.

pm me if you require any more info

Richard

Guest CAVADIAS

Richard, opening the case will void the waranty. Could this affect afterwards incase I send it for service concerning the repair costs? (I will pay for the screen ofcourse.)

Guest fluffcat1
Richard, opening the case will void the waranty. Could this affect afterwards incase I send it for service concerning the repair costs? (I will pay for the screen ofcourse.)

Hello, yes voiding the warranty would potentially affect you in the future, but as screen damage is not under warranty I wouldn't worry too much....

If you are careful you *can* replace the screen *without* voiding the warranty.

Follow my method for typhoon here:

http://www.modaco.com/Removing_c500_fascia...y_-t228450.html

If there is no local service agent, the cost of sending the phone to the UK to keeo the imate warranty may push the 'official' repair cost up above the price of a new phone :-(

If that is what you want to do, get a quote. If it's high, sell the handset on ebay.

Richard

• 1 month later...
Guest yzumbado

Hi:

I have a similar problem with a second hand sp5 bought at ebay, my problem is with the joystick it doesn’t move left/up and and is hard to get the “enter” action (1 each 30 tries).

I opened the phone and realize that the joystick was controlled by a chip (I was hoping that the problem could be just a little dust or something), I contact club imate support, and ask them if they sell replacement keypad, but they said NO. That I have to send my phone to their service center in Dubai. The problem is that I live in Costa Rica (Central America) so that's not an option for me.

When I read this topic I thought, that maybe I could buy your phone, or maybe someone could help my find the replacement keypad in the UK and sell it to my via Ebay or something…

I know it sound crazy, but I love my SP5 and it worth the try ;)

Thanks

Yoel Zumbado

From Costa Rica

Guest da_mayhem
Sorry to hear about your joystick,

I have sent my sp5 for repair. Next time I brake the screen I will let you know!

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nevermind if you dismantle the SP5, it has been out of warranty knowing that the screen has been broken due to the owner's fault.

By the way, is it the casing's screen or the LCD?

Guest deoman

Just got my phone back from service today, my display was defect - warranty did not cover this damage, and i could not find a replacement display anywhere for the phone.

Look at the pics, maybe someone could use the #part numbers

;)

EDIT: This display is for a Qtek 8310 / I-Mate SP5

post-164315-1142360886_thumb.jpg

post-164315-1142360896_thumb.jpg

post-164315-1142360906_thumb.jpg

Edited by deoman

Hi there,

I'm unfortunately in the same boat. I have the 8310 which I think is identical to the sp5 in parts. My screen is busted, the casing is fine, but I need to get it fixed.

I see that the cost to send in to repair might be ridiculously expensive. I'm happy to try to arrange the repair myself - warranty or not - since the damage is out of warranty and the device is useless as is.

Any tips on how I can get my hands on the right parts? I'm living in the Caribbean, but have a Canadian home address I can use for shipping.

Any help in figuring out either: where to get the parts; or a north american address to get repairs done would be very appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Guest deoman

I looked all over the place, searched for weeks, i only found SP3 screens, no SP5 screens - SP3 screens costs aprox 60-90 US$

I payed $200 aprox for my repair (!)

Guest trevdixon

My screens cracked too, just the LCD. I'm lost without use of my SP5, I'm going to try and claim the cost of repair/replacement on the house insurance!

I've attached a picture of my poorly phone!post-156922-1143152182_thumb.jpg

I looked all over the place, searched for weeks, i only found SP3 screens, no SP5 screens - SP3 screens costs aprox 60-90 US$

I payed $200 aprox for my repair (!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$200 sounds expensive, but better than the uk prices quoted earlier. Please tell me where you even go for repairs in North America. I guy I emailed at expansys said I'd need to send it to Germany.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PaceUK
For QTEK / IMATE repairs, check with the shop where you bought it, they will direct you to the closest repair center.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

=D> #-o :-$ :roll: ;)

anyone managed to find one of these?

Guest MitchellO
$200 sounds expensive, but better than the uk prices quoted earlier. Please tell me where you even go for repairs in North America. I guy I emailed at expansys said I'd need to send it to Germany.

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but if you consider the cost of the phone it is probably worth it.

Guest PaceUK
Yeah but if you consider the cost of the phone it is probably worth it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Expansys wont help me and I cant seem to find anywhere in the uk...

pretty poor after sales support by the suppliers if you ask me.

Guest MitchellO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sucks. I'm not sure where you should go.

Guest fluffcat1

Expansys should have directed you to SBE limited, as mentioned further up in the thread, as they are I-mate's service agent within the UK.

Richard

Guest PaceUK
Expansys should have directed you to SBE limited, as mentioned further up in the thread, as they are I-mate's service agent within the UK.

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Richard, yes I read that bit and thats what I was hoping expansys would do.

I dont suppose you have any contact information to hand do you?

Many thanks,

Pace

Guest fluffcat1
Hi Richard, yes I read that bit and thats what I was hoping expansys would do.

I dont suppose you have any contact information to hand do you?

Many thanks,

Pace

As previously mentioned it's listed on clubimate, and it has been listed before elsewhere on this site - but here's a useful link to save you typing it into google....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sbe+ltd&meta=

club imate:

http://www.clubimate.com/t-SERVICE_UK.aspx

the url for SBE themselves:

http://www.sbe-ltd.co.uk/

Would you like me to ring them for you as well? ;)

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaceUK
As previously mentioned it's listed on clubimate, and it has been listed before elsewhere on this site - but here's a useful link to save you typing it into google....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sbe+ltd&meta=

club imate:

http://www.clubimate.com/t-SERVICE_UK.aspx

the url for SBE themselves:

http://www.sbe-ltd.co.uk/

Would you like me to ring them for you as well? :P

Richard

You could do if you wanted... but thats about as neccessary as that troll... ;)