I've been trying to look for the greatest -or any working- solution with my device, all night tonight so far no change.
My phone has been stuck on the headset profile for two full days now. I've been searching/google-ing what I could but now I'm getting tired. I've tried all methods that has been listed here and there, such as:
- hard resetting by turned off mode pressing the power on/off button and blue at the same time (gives a black srceen along with Master Reset? Yes or No)
- using something to basically poke the headset slot with to remove anything that could get stuck over there (my phone "feels" when I pull the headset out, it goes back to the last dialled numbers screen)
- using very little oil on the jack, moving it around and around its slot (to remove ???), whatsoever no change
- downloading the RegEdit for smartphones, which seemed the best idea for me. I was finally able to install it on my device following someone's suggestion to edit the active profile there. I found all these: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Profiles but I haven't found ANYthing that would say Active Profile. I found only the profiles there and that's it. So I couldn't change anything at all, again.
- with another resetting code, typing *#**364# on the homescreen so it would get to the 'Engineering Mode' and there you'll have the option for the Master Reset (which did not work for my phone either).
I'm getting a bit desperate. I love this phone so much and I don't want to buy another one only because of this. Reading the forums it seems that it is a common problem, but others found solutions as up above. My phone is just so stubborn or I don't know, it just wouldn't change. Please, help me if you have any further advice! Thank you