see what u can do wiv this picture

Guest leighnov

Guest leighnov
so what exactly do you want people to do???

edit the picture or make it into a homescreen with clocks and dates????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

make it into a homescreen i thought it would be a gd background for one

Guest shadamehr
make it into a homescreen i thought it would be a gd background for one

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is mate, you've given us a HORIZONTAL aspect image (wider than it is tall), when SmartPhones use a VERTICAL aspect (taller than it is wide).

As a result, you will either end up with a totally none Aspect Ratioed screen, like the other user has kindly created for you (which in my opinion, wrong aspect images shouldn't even be bothered with in the first place - I personally prefer NO homescreen, to a one that is as wonkey as a donkey's todga)...

Or do some heavy cropping and thus lose most of your image.

Alternatively, given that its a close up of a face, you can ROTATE it and use it, and that's what I have done here with the attachements (both normal, AND qvga size versions).

post-21885-1139229027_thumb.jpg post-21885-1139229042_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadamehr

Guest nevawlkalone

For the fussy ones among us (lol no offence) here is a screen shot of the other one...

post-139370-1139230320_thumb.jpg

i personally prefer the other but each to ther own!

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest leighnov

i agree with nevawalkalone and its of a game called parasite eve 2 who ever asked tha question.

and if anyone needs any more cool screens like tha ill be happy to give them to u providing i get some of the cred.

any thing else u need jus ask :)

oh an shadamehr stop tryin to confuse u wiv ur mumbo jumbo and jus quit complainin. :twisted:

Edited by leighnov

Guest chucky.egg

Easy fella!

Welcome to the site, but please keep it calm and avoid pot shots at people you don't yet know.

Shadamehr was trying to explain why it's lamost impossible to make a Homescreen out of a source picture of those dimensions... and why you end up with a distorted background.

I agree with him, but that's not to say any of us is "right" - it's down to personal preference.

So, anyway, just how much of the credit do you want for posting somebody else's artwork for one of us to make into a Homescreen for you? :-"

If you join Modaco Plus you can get a free copy of the Homescreen designer and try your hand at making them - it's not nearly as hard as it looks. Why not have a go an show us what you come up with, there are loads of examples in the Downloads section if you need some inspiration.

The MoDaCo Plus membership doesn't come with a Homescreen Designer for QVGA homesreens and this guy has a C550. You'll have to use my tutorial in the Smartphone Customisation General Discussion and as chucky.egg said theres plenty in the downloads section to look at and fiddle with to learn XML.

Calm down Leigh be socially friendly for once :) Cred for what exactly :shock:

Cya tommorrow you psycho

Guest shadamehr
oh an shadamehr stop tryin to confuse u wiv ur mumbo jumbo and jus quit complainin. :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry I spoke...

I'm sorry I tried to explain about silly aspect ratios...

I'm sorry I tried to help...

I'm sorry I wasted twenty minutes of my own precious time rotating, cropping to the right size, re-colur balancing, re-saturating, and then brightening and saving, two images for YOU.

Rest assured, there's no bloody way on this earth I'll try to help you again, with an attitude like that, and I would urge others not to bother either.

Jeezuz... what a bloody cheek...

Guest Jamma14
I'm sorry I spoke...

I'm sorry I tried to explain about silly aspect ratios...

I'm sorry I tried to help...

I'm sorry I wasted twenty minutes of my own precious time rotating, cropping to the right size, re-colur balancing, re-saturating, and then brightening and saving, two images for YOU.

Rest assured, there's no bloody way on this earth I'll try to help you again, with an attitude like that, and I would urge others not to bother either.

Jeezuz... what a bloody cheek...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed!

Well I for one thought your new image was much nicer shadamehr, I may even decide to make a homescreen using it now.

If I do, I'll be sure to give you credit, as you actually did something as opposed to saving a picture off the net. :|

James

Guest nevawlkalone

Come on peeps calm down..its just an image that IS down to personal preference....If shadamher wants it his way let him...no 1 can stop him....

Its each to there own....

Agreed use W411ys MSDN tutorial thingu and make your own if yu are complaining Leighnov he was after all...only trying to help!

Hope what i did suits...and what cred do you want? Like shadamher said..all you did was post an image...he crop rotated etc it..n i programed it up.....

Where you want recognition!

not aving a go..it not my style but he has a point

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest leighnov
Agreed!

Well I for one thought your new image was much nicer shadamehr, I may even decide to make a homescreen using it now.

If I do, I'll be sure to give you credit, as you actually did something as opposed to saving a picture off the net.  :|

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look im sorry i blew my gascat but its my first post an i have no idea bout these homescreens yet and shadamer i apologise an i dun wan any cred for it it was a joke but if u need any pics like tha i have loads so jus ask nd soz again :)

an al u mong stop callin me a titwank or things like tha :twisted:

Edited by leighnov

Guest chrisc28

I'd like some more pics if possible. If you have already seen my works, you'll know that I love making a complete skin as opposed to a single homescreen. Is that just FF? If it is, I'll be able to source the images off my friend.

Guest leighnov

feel free to mess around with it as u will

u might have to flip it

as soon as i get photoshop ill do it for u :)

Edited by leighnov

Guest leighnov
I'd like some more pics if possible. If you have already seen my works, you'll know that I love making a complete skin as opposed to a single homescreen. Is that just FF? If it is, I'll be able to source the images off my friend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure dude as soon as possible ill give u a few heres a taster feel free to mess around with it as u will

u might have to flip it

as soon as i get photoshop ill do it for u :)