OmapClock 0.2

Guest Dop3KinG

Guest Dop3KinG

Hi have any of you tried the omapclock overclocking software on your C550.

i am using it now and so far ive got to 252Mhz.IF you try it please post results. :)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Maybe we could request them to give us clock speed used, how long battery lasts on that particular clock speed, and effect on programs and phone in general (does it speed up program access, observations on program loading speed, did phone went into spontaneous combustion etc etc) Basically post-overclocking observations on the C550, good or bad but not imaginary. Report format below should somehow give us a clear picture. Thanks :)

Clock Speed:

Battery Life:

Effect/s:

Guest pd.ryder

Ok. So everything whizzes along :)

What's the downside?

Stumbled across the app the other day and did pause to think so I'm interested to see what others think 8)

There's got to be some major drawbacks otherwise it would be more widely 'suggested' on the forum :-k

Just installed it on my C550 and configured it using the -Launch and -Restore (via the Music Player.lnk file) options to only work with TCPMP when the Play/Pause button is pressed.

Running at 240MHz it makes a noticeable difference with less dropped frames / jerkyness on some of the higher quality Divxs.

Using a Divx I created the other night without it I get Benchmarks of an Average speed of 97.02% (24.26 frames/s 402 kbit/s) in default behaviour.

Running TCPMP with the OverClock at 240Mhz I get:

Average speed 135.69%, 33.92 F/s and 605 kbits/s

A respectable 40% increase in speed and noticeable when playing.

As it's only being overclocked when I'm actually playing Divx (which is the only processor hungry app I've got at the moment), I think the risks aren't too high. It's also still under warranty so c'est la vie!

Will monitor temperature subjectively on the journey home.

FWIW my Music Player.lnk in Mossywell Copy Files sub-dir now reads:

39#"\Storage Card\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240 -launch "\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\player.exe" -restore

HTH - YMMV etc. - Rufus.

• 4 weeks later...
@Rufus - seen this thread?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Overclocking update!

Anyone got any longterm usage info? Has it damaged your phone?

It certainly works wonders: I managed to find the right plugins to get TCPMP to play ipod video files. Pre overclocking, very choppy, unwatchable. Oveclocked to 240MHz, they play fine!

Guest RufusA
Overclocking update!

Not long-term usage, but overclocking for around 2 hrs per day for over a month and doesn't seem to have had any detremental effect on the phone or battery to date. No obvious overheating issues either.

Having said that I've now had to have the phone swapped by Orange (dodgy joystick problem), so no longer long-term, but still on original battery.

HTH - Rufus.

Guest Islanti

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found 240MHz to be unstable over time on my T-Mobile US SDA. 224 MHz seems fine though.

• 3 months later...
Guest akuma3d

I insalled this, and it was working just fine.

Then i had to reset my phone, and now i keep getting "Can't map I/O"

I've done the app unlock again, so, does anyone have an idea?

this is on a T-mobile SDA US

thnx

Guest jm012a9749
I insalled this, and it was working just fine.

Then i had to reset my phone, and now i keep getting "Can't map I/O"

I've done the app unlock again, so, does anyone have an idea?

this is on a T-mobile SDA US

thnx

connect your phone to the pc and then run the attachment. downsides of overclocking are it decreases battery life when overclocked and will revert to normal clock speed when backlight goes out but hats about it realy.

Phil

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe

Guest TheBoff

I keep getting the I/O error message when trying to run this app on an Orange C550. It's app unlocked as far as I know. Unlocked it when I fisrt had the phone and never have problems running unsigned software. Even tried running the SDAUnlock file in this thread but I get a 'phone is not lockable' dialog box before the 'SDA succesfully unlocked' message.

I'm guessing I'm getting the 'not lockable' message as it's non SDA?

Anyone got OmapClock running on an Orange C550? If so, how?

Many thanks in advance!

Boff

Guest jm012a9749
I keep getting the I/O error message when trying to run this app on an Orange C550. It's app unlocked as far as I know. Unlocked it when I fisrt had the phone and never have problems running unsigned software. Even tried running the SDAUnlock file in this thread but I get a 'phone is not lockable' dialog box before the 'SDA succesfully unlocked' message.

I'm guessing I'm getting the 'not lockable' message as it's non SDA?

Anyone got OmapClock running on an Orange C550? If so, how?

Many thanks in advance!

Boff

use the attached registry editor to change the following values

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40

then run SDAUnlock on previous post. should work then.....

Phil

regeditSTG.exe

Guest TheBoff
use the attached registry editor to change the following values

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40

then run SDAUnlock on previous post. should work then.....

Phil

Cheers I'll give it a go now