Activesync copy / paste headache.

Guest hairlessheart

Guest hairlessheart

Hi

I'm trying to shift files backwards and forwards between my pc and my exec, by copying and pasting within explorer windows. I've doen this for years with my ipaqs. I can successfully copy from the pc to the exec, but when doing it the other way, everything appears to be happening normally, but when the transfer finished, the file isn't on the PC! What can I be doing wrong? (I did a search by filename of one the documents that I copied from the Exec to my PC and found it buried in a temp file within the documents and settings folder!)

Why is it not putting the files where I ask them to go?

P.S ActiveSync 4.1 is a pile of crap. It's decided not to bother transferring half of my outlook contacts, I think because they have notes.

Also, on a kind of related topic, has anyone noticed that on the box the XDA exec comes in, it states that Windows NT4 is one of the supported operating systems? Not sure how this can be, as you can't install AS4 onto it.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest snibbo

You'll find the missing files in a folder on your PC:

C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Local Settings\Temp\_PegEx~1

It seems to copy them there before trying to muck about with them. It then fails to muck about with them and they stay there. I have not found a solution, and yes, ActiveSync 4.1 is a load of crap. I have put a shortcut to the _PegEx~1 folder on the desktop, labelled 'PDA Copies'.