Ringtone list incorrect/incomplete?

Guest Sogarth

Guest Sogarth

For whatever reason, the list of ringtones shown in PPCProfiles Pro doesn't show some of the ringtones shown under Settings -> Phone -> Phone -> Ring tone. I don't know if it's because some of the songs I have listed there are using extended characters (in my case, Japanese SJIS), but even some of the songs that don't have extended characters aren't showing up. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's a bit annoying, since it keeps on setting my ringtone back to Alarm1.wav (which is a rather... unimpressive ringtone, to say the least).

For whatever reason, the list of ringtones shown in PPCProfiles Pro doesn't show some of the ringtones shown under Settings -> Phone -> Phone -> Ring tone. I don't know if it's because some of the songs I have listed there are using extended characters (in my case, Japanese SJIS), but even some of the songs that don't have extended characters aren't showing up. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's a bit annoying, since it keeps on setting my ringtone back to Alarm1.wav (which is a rather... unimpressive ringtone, to say the least).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That ringtone program will use a search path to find the ringtones (including whatever the rings directory is in the registry). Its possible that your operating system is including directories in the search path that ppcprofiles does not.

To keep things simple you might like to make sure your rings directory is correct and add all your ringtones to that directory.

• 6 months later...
That ringtone program will use a search path to find the ringtones (including whatever the rings directory is in the registry). Its possible that your operating system is including directories in the search path that ppcprofiles does not.

To keep things simple you might like to make sure your rings directory is correct and add all your ringtones to that directory.

I've had this problem too. The ring tone list shows lots of ring tones - twice, but not the mp3 ringtone I use. I added it in to my Rings directory, and it made no difference.

Adge

I've had this problem too. The ring tone list shows lots of ring tones - twice, but not the mp3 ringtone I use. I added it in to my Rings directory, and it made no difference.

Adge

Doh ! Ignore that - I've found the "change ring tone directory" option now !

Adge