I need to know what the monster is in lost?

Guest aff1993

Guest mike-oh
Well, up to episode 12 in series 2 it still hasn't been revealed what it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have got to be joking?

Seriously, the 1st series was frustrating enough. Please tell me you get at least some answers in the second series?

Anyhow, i'm pretty sure the 'monster' is mechanical. Because it sounded like it on the last (or penultimate can't remember) episode of season 1. Also the french bird said it was 'a security system'. But TBH i aint a clue!

But what the hell was that wierd black cloud/ghost thing when Kate threw the dynamite in the hole stop Lok getting dragged in?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Like I said check out google :) it's supposidly based on real scientific experiments.

From what news reports are saying the series will run for as long as it's popular so they could wind it up and give you answers when ever they feel like it.

Chances are we are going to be in for a long wait :D

Guest Samsonite

i read that the writers are taking it as an organic project and that there no absolutes pencilled in. They will be able to react to various new ideas as they roll it out...

i kinda hope that isnt the case. It would be neater to me if there was a master plan/plot that would have the mother of all twists as the grand finale... I have a feeling that it will Jump the Shark at some point...

I'm up to episode 12 of season 2, I can't remember what episode it was but the African guy, Eko comes face to face with it and the camera does a nice pan round it/through it, you get a good look.

Do you want me to carry on with the description/theory?

i read that the writers are taking it as an organic project and that there no absolutes pencilled in.  They will be able to react to various new ideas as they roll it out...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the case. When they started, it could have been pulled at anytime, so they wrote it as they went along.

What a waste of a fantastic idea and a pretty good cast. I gave up after five or six of them. It had so much potential, but once you figures out that it's not actually going anywhere, the "tension" just becomes boredom. Shame.

Maybe someone will produce a bootleg "coherent edition" one day, like The Phamtom Edit that actually made Star Wars I watchable.

Guest mike-oh
Those 2 took awhile to get, up-to-date now  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what exactly do you mean by "a while to get"? :D

A fiend of mine was meant to be "getting" me some episodes too, but that was weeks ago and i haven't heard from him since!

Edited by mike-oh

Guest Jamma14

Yeah was interesting at first but I agree with everyone else, the novelty's gonna wear off once people realise there is no coherent plot and it'll be lots of random events going on forever.

And mike-oh, I'm sure he meant importing the pre-release dvd from america...

Yeah was interesting at first but I agree with everyone else, the novelty's gonna wear off once people realise there is no coherent plot and it'll be lots of random events going on forever.

And mike-oh, I'm sure he meant importing the pre-release dvd from america...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ Yeah something like that.

I consider Lost the modern day Twin Peaks, you couldn't get more surreal and random than that when it was in it's hay day.

• 1 month later...
Guest mike-oh

Yay i've seen the monster ;) But what the chufty is it.

I've finally "aquired" the 1st 14eps and had a Lost-a-thon today (5eps back to back, i can only focus 6ft from my face now)! It was episode 10 i believe when you got a good look. And just before it I jumped out of my seat like i haven't since that bit in Jaws where the dead guy with the eyeball hanging out comes out of the hole in the boat!

If you want screen shots pm me or something.

Season 2 is definitely better than season 1!

• 3 months later...
Guest mike-oh

Lost monster is on the episode right now! Stop reading this and turn your TV on or you'll miss it!

(though it may already have been on this episode but at least you'll know to catch the repeat on sunday)

Having said that i read elsewhere on t'interweb that one of the writers says that in this series we have seen the monster but not necessarily realised we'd seen it at the time. Which would kind've imply it wasn't what was seen in this episode.

:S :S

Edited by mike-oh

Guest impy78

When they said black smoke, I thought it was just a name!

Lost monster is on the episode right now! Stop reading this and turn your TV on or you'll miss it!

(though it may already have been on this episode but at least you'll know to catch the repeat on sunday)

Having said that i read elsewhere on t'interweb that one of the writers says that in this series we have seen the monster but not necessarily realised we'd seen it at the time. Which would kind've imply it wasn't what was seen in this episode.

:S :S

Guest mini_man

Jesus i heard its going to go on for 7 series!!!!

Ive got lost series 2 on dvd and am currently on ep 17! its really good :)

Guest Wombleuk

It's a swarm of nanobots and if I'm right, they've taken the idea from a book I just read by Michael Crighton called Prey.

Guest mike-oh
Jesus i heard its going to go on for 7 series!!!!

Ive got lost series 2 on dvd and am currently on ep 17! its really good :)

Nah, i think it's going to be 4.

According to an interview with the writers (i read this on a lost fansite somewhere) they want 4 seasons. Three wouldn't give them enough time to tell the whole story and 5 would be dragging it out too long (yes even more than they do now!).

Also the networks like to get somewhere near the 100 episodes mark as it makes the series far more saleable overseas as they can repeat the shows in the same year.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Interesting as an interview I read said they would continue as long as the interest is there, otherwise they could wrap it up when ever they felt like it.

Either way it's going to be one of those series you don't want to end as the final episode is never good enough.

Guest mini_man

Well I watched the whole of series 2 and I have to say I wasnt that great.

Looking forward to Series 3 as I heard they explain LOADS! but I have a friend in america who will send Series three too me on a dvd as soon as the series ends which is great!

Sam