T Mobile Vario Dial Pad

Guest NCC-1701

Guest NCC-1701

Hi,

Does anyone know how to re -skin the dialler pad on a T-mobile Vario. Yep I was daft enough to allow the T-mobile cabs run their full course & now I 've got that horrible pink & grey button affair every time I make a call. Even the original WM5 button colours would be a marked improvement.

PS: I do like pink things, bit not on my phone :x

Guest DJ Big D

1. Using a registry editor - edit the following registry entry: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin'.

2. The 'Enabled' DWORD value can be '1' for the T-Mobile skin or '0' for the default WM5 skin. You will probably find a '1' in your t-mobile device and '0' if you have an I-Mate or QTEK

3. Change the value of the above so that that you get: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled = 0'

4. Soft Reset and you should see the defaul WM5 dialer.

5. In the background of the dialer you will probably see a small faded T-Mobile logo. If this irritates you - you can get rid of it too by:

6. Download the following file:

http://members.home.nl/pieterstroink/GoT_s...carrierlogo.gif

7. Do not change the name of the file, it must remain carrierlogo(.gif)

8. Find the original carrierlogo.gif file on your MDA Vario - it should be in the windows directory. Overwrite this file with the file that you have just downloaded.

9. Soft reset

10 Done

Edited by DJ Big D

Guest NCC-1701

Hi, thanx for the advise.

I tried to edit the reg key, but I dont seem to be able to :cry:

When I change the value I get an "Access Denied" error message. Any suggestions??

Also the link http://members.home.nl/pieterstroink/GoT_s...carrierlogo.gif

is a dead one ( I think, my Dutch isnt up to much)

Cheers

1. Using a registry editor - edit the following registry entry: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin'.

2. The 'Enabled' DWORD value can be '1' for the T-Mobile skin or '0' for the default WM5 skin. You will probably find a '1' in your t-mobile device and '0' if you have an I-Mate or QTEK

3. Change the value of the above so that that you get: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled = 0'

4. Soft Reset and you should see the defaul WM5 dialer.

5. In the background of the dialer you will probably see a small faded T-Mobile logo. If this irritates you - you can get rid of it too by:

6. Download the following file:

http://members.home.nl/pieterstroink/GoT_s...carrierlogo.gif

7. Do not change the name of the file, it must remain carrierlogo(.gif)

8. Find the original carrierlogo.gif file on your MDA Vario - it should be in the windows directory. Overwrite this file with the file that you have just downloaded.

9. Soft reset

10 Done

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Phil Lee

Tried this on my Vario. I like the skin a lot more that the default T-Mobile one. The only issue is that it stops IntelliDialer from working. Don't think I'll miss this though as I don't remember using it in the 3 months I've had the phone.

It would also be nice to get rid of the pink and grey from the PhonePad SIP. Does anyone know how to do this?

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest DJ Big D

Right, Ok then. Download this file > http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Visit.asp?EntryID=444

Instructions;

1. Copy skin cab to your ppc and run it to install. EAch cab contains 1 skin

2. When it asks where to place it, choose storage card.

3. Soft reset.

4. To try another skin, run another cab on your ppc and install over the previous installation. No need to uninstall.

This should get rid of the awful T-Mobile dialer skin. If this does not work then Im afraid I dont know because I have tried these methods on my Vario & it runs smoothly

Guest NCC-1701

Well done. Anybody any idea why I cant tweak my registry (I'm trying to use Breaksoft's Mobile Registry Editor). :roll:

Tried this on my Vario. I like the skin a lot more that the default T-Mobile one. The only issue is that it stops IntelliDialer from working. Don't think I'll miss this though as I don't remember using it in the 3 months I've had the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest NCC-1701

Thanx Big D,

I will give it a whirl. Anything has to be better than PINK!!!!!!!!!

:)

Right, Ok then. Download this file > http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Visit.asp?EntryID=444

Instructions;

1. Copy skin cab to your ppc and run it to install. EAch cab contains 1 skin

2. When it asks where to place it, choose storage card.

3. Soft reset.

4. To try another skin, run another cab on your ppc and install over the previous installation. No need to uninstall.

This should get rid of the awful T-Mobile dialer skin. If this does not work then Im afraid I dont know because I have tried these methods on my Vario & it runs smoothly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest nevawlkalone
Well done. Anybody any idea why I cant tweak my registry (I'm trying to use Breaksoft's Mobile Registry Editor).  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Device is apllication locked?

Guest NCC-1701

Mmmmm I wondered that. I am new to T Mobile & I wasn't aware that they did daft tricks like Orange (I've had to unlock all my previous Orange phones). Not had any probs installing 3rd party apps on my Vario though.

Device is apllication locked?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest nevawlkalone

:frown: dont know then....i thought most operators did this to stop people buggering up their phones coz evry replacement u want cost them moolah!

Erm ye.....try the app unlocking theory on ya vario when u can see what the deal is!

Guest Phil Lee

I used PHM Regedit to make the registry change. I then turned off my Vario by holding the power button for 5 seconds. When I booted up I was running the default WM5 dialpad with no Intellidialer.

I have been able to change the Phone Pad skin. This is stored in the Intellipad dlls in the \Windows folder. I found a replacement set at XDA Dev forum.

I'm now trying to find a Dialpad skin that allows me to use IntelliDialer and fits in with the Phone Pad skin.

Guest minty1978

after looking at it a bit more...you should be able to edit the carrierlogo.gif file and create your own, aslong as you use a transparent background....ooh i'll have fun with this!!

I used a slightly different method which keeps the smart dial functions.

simply rename these 2 keys to something different and do a soft reset.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\DIALER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\PROGRESS

keep HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\enabled as it is.

I can't wait for somebody to do it... so I did it myself.

I copied the original to my PC and altered it. (saved the original aswell)

here is the file and follow instructions as stated above.

Pigo

post-33109-1140189631_thumb.gif

Guest Honest John
I used a slightly different method which keeps the smart dial functions.

simply rename these 2 keys to something different and do a soft reset.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\DIALER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\PROGRESS

keep HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\enabled as it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for this. It worked perfectly.

Now if I could just have slightly bigger keypads................................. :twisted:

Guest Phil Lee

I've been looking at the some more. I've got the default skin enabled using the rename keys method (thanks for that :)). I've also got a new skin for Intellidial. I can't make up my mind if I want to use the pseudo transparent one, the blue one or the white one.

As well as changing the skin I had to make a registry edit to change the font colours. These are stored in HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartDialing. By changing the Hex value of clrDupCallLog from E20074 to FFFFFF I have finally got rid of all vestages of pink from the dial pad.

I've also got rid of the pink version of Phone Pad as shown in the 4th screenshot.

I got all the files from XDA Dev and made some edits to the IntelliDial skins myself.

post-7007-1140193029_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1140193053_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1140194167_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1140194185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Lee

I've been looking at the some more. I've got the default skin enabled using the rename keys method (thanks for that :)). I've also got a new skin for Intellidial. I can't make up my mind if I want to use the pseudo transparent one, the blue one or the white one.

As well as changing the skin I had to make a registry edit to change the font colours. These are stored in HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartDialing. By changing the Hex value of clrDupCallLog from E20074 to FFFFFF I have finally got rid of all vestages of pink from the dial pad.

I've also got rid of the pink version of Phone Pad as shown in the 4th screenshot.

I got all the files from XDA Dev and made some edits to the IntelliDial skins myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phil,

Where did you change the phone pad ? I can't seem to locate it in the registry

Cheers

Guest Phil Lee

I changed the Phone Pad by downloading a set of dlls from another forum in a thread called "Heres how to de-brand MDAc2's phone dialler & intellpad". I can't post them here as I suspect they are taken from the iMate ROM.

Edited by Phil Lee

What bothers me about the dialpad skins so far is that when I tap a number I don't see I've tapped it unless I look at the row of numbers and see the number I pressed. the WM5 skin changes the number you press while held down. I've had a RAZR look dialpad installed and it anoid the hell out of me for that reason. do have to say the one Phill Lee made looks very nice :)

Pigo

Guest Phil Lee

I didn't make any of the stuff I've shown. The only thing I changed was the background in the IntelliDialer. I downloaded everything else. Don't want to take credit for the work of others.