charmer with moto ht820

Guest astro_nomenoff

Guest astro_nomenoff

Well, my lovely new motorola bluetooth stereo headset/handsfree arrived today - £52 from ebay.

I can't get it to stream music from the charmer using WMP or winampaq. It works great as a phone handsfree but that's not why I bought it.

Anybody any ideas?

Edited by astro_nomenoff

Guest Pondrew

Unfortunately, as mentioned elsewhere, I think you'll need to wait for the forthcoming rom update (T-Mobile have suggested it'll be sometime in March) for A2DP and stereo bluetooth...

Guest astro_nomenoff
Unfortunately, as mentioned elsewhere, I think you'll need to wait for the forthcoming rom update (T-Mobile have suggested it'll be sometime in March) for A2DP and stereo bluetooth...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well, I can wait, I suppose. They've supplied a cable for 'aircraft mode', so at least I only need one device.

I might give them a call tomorrow and hassle 'em.

T-mobile seem to have omitted a couple of ROM drivers for wi-fi too - I hope this is another thing they sort with the build

Maybe t-mobile should employ some of the guys over at xda-developers<snip>

EDITED PER FORUM RULES

Edited by Pondrew

No discussion of illegal roms thanks Kaf (per the forum rules).

As for wifi drivers, how do you mean? The HTC Charmer doesn't include wifi hardware...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK maybe I accidentally mentioned the posibility of pirate roms while making a different point - which is there seems to be people out there who are capable of knocking together more reliable solutions than the supposed professionals :) and that as I may have alledgedly seen these solutions and they are near perfedt it goes to show that often the faults do not lie with wm5 intrinsicly.

I can't get a WM5 SD Wireless card to work in the charmer and after a lot of investigation this appears to be because SDIO is not fully implemented on the Charmer - Memory drivers are there but certain 'other supports' are missing

When I asked T-mobile they just said a release is imminent

Guest dave106

noticed a few missing pieces too. Wizards have comm manager, which displays 3 functions, flight mode, bluetooth and wifi, all on/off with one click. now the charmer doesnt have wifi as standard but then the faraday doesnt either and orange was sensible enough to leave that part in on the c600 but removed the wifi button. guess t-mobile took one look at it and removed cos it had something to do with wifi. you cant get the wifi control panel to appear either on the charmer.

• 1 month later...
Guest fUNKUS

The MoDaCo forum is amazing and has a wealth of MDA Compact II info but.....

This isnt the right place to discuss such in depth 'investigations' of windows software (as mentioned above).

For more info on why wifi sdio's dont work go to xda developers forum and search for 'funkus' and 'WiFi SDIO'. (The xda forum doesnt have a dedicated Charmer / compact II Section so stick with modaco for everything else)

[To Moderators: I hope this info is ok, i dont mean to bend your forum rules; only point people in the direction of an area where such discussions are allowed, it'll keep yours nice and clean anyway ;) ]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest postpopper
Well, my lovely new motorola bluetooth stereo headset/handsfree arrived today - £52 from ebay.

I can't get it to stream music from the charmer using WMP or winampaq. It works great as a phone handsfree but that's not why I bought it.

Anybody any ideas?

Hello guy ;)

on this page you find a software wich make it possible to stream music per Handfree Headset

http://www.simplesmartphone.com/BlueCast/

greez

Martin :P

Edited by postpopper

Guest astro_nomenoff

Thanks for that info.

I tried the software and it streams, but a very 'tinny' mono stream. I'm gonna sell the moto headset on ebay before everyone realises they're crap and don't work on any phones properly!

• 2 months later...
Guest astro_nomenoff

Well, still got the moto ht820 phones, no-one wanted them!

Anybody know whether the new rom gives A2DP functionality? (as promised!)