reset nokia 6280

Guest darz

hello, ihave nokia 6280 3g.

i have installed some applications and everything went ok untill it is blocked .

It turns on anf off on its own and after 2 or 3 times turns off.

I would like to hard reset but dont know how.

can anybody help

regards

Guest shadamehr

Well, you've gone wrong a few times in your post mate.

First, this is predominantly a WINDOWS MOBILE SmartPhone Forum. It does have an 'other devices' section, but you never posted there anyway.

SECOND, AFAIK, the Nokia 6280 is not even a Symbian SmartPhone, but is the model number of the forthcoming Series 40 based Slide Nokia with 3g and 2 megapixel camera, not quite out just yet.

So I SUPSECT, though could be wrong, given I am a WINDOWS SmartPhone user, that you actually means the Nokia 6680 instead?

As you can't even install applications on a 6280 other than java ones.

If so, then again, trying to cast my mind back, the Hard Format code for a Symbian Nokia is:

*#7370#

If you DO have a Series 40 based 6280, as you say, then this code will do NOTHING though, anyway.

Finally, another way of resetting a newer Symbian Nokia, is to:

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (call answer) button, * button, and '3' button

3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone (You need clever fingers to do all this at once, I know)

4. When the message 'Formatting' appears on the screen, release all of the buttons

So, let us know if you really did mean a 6280 or not - as if so, there IS NO hard reset option for any Series 40 based Nokia.

Post back, then in future, where possible, use the right site and section.

Cheers mate.

• 1 month later...
Guest sporkguy
Well, you've gone wrong a few times in your post mate.

First, this is predominantly a WINDOWS MOBILE SmartPhone Forum.

Edited by sporkguy

Guest shadamehr
I got the same problem, the code didnt work.

What can i push to reset my phone?

Please help me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clearly you never read my post properly then...

Read it AGAIN...

What I said was I doubt he meant a 6280, as it's NOT a Symbian SmartPhone, and you can't install apps other than java ones.

So I said he MIGHT have meant a 6680 instead.

And IF SO, then the reset code or method was as I said.

I ALSO said that if he did really mean a 6280, then Series 40 Nokias like that handset DO NOT HAVE A RESET CODE OR OPTION.

I trust that clarifies!

Guest shadamehr
Actually chap, the 6280 HAS been released, and you can have it on 3, Tmobile or Vodafone (was first released on 3 last November)

I think he DOES mean the 6280

You are correct in saying it is a S40 device, and yes you can install apps on it as far as java ones go. I doubt highly that these apps are making the phone reboot - it may be a software fault with the phone OS itself.

A reset may help for the time being - if it reoccurs, take it back to your supplier or a Nokia Service Centre for flashing.

What darz needs to do is find the Reset Factory Defaults option in the Phone Settings or Security menu, and it will ask him for the phone security code, which is defaulted to 00000 or 12345 on S40.

and shadamehr, would it hurt you to be nice to newbies?

Cheers, Nick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the time of the post and my reply mate, the 6280 was ONLY available on the THREE Network, and they themselves were having (and still are I am given to believe) so many problems with it, that if you rang up, they instantly offered to replace with a N70 instead.

Only now, this recent, is the 6280 now on more networks - but by that I mean only additionally T-Mobile officially, who are largely still out of stock (ring them and see - due in Wednesday they hope). Additionally, independant retailers can also offer it on Vodafone, but I am informed its limited stock. O2 and Orange still keep pushing the date back every week, exactly as they have doen since November... that's how bad it is.

Additionally, given his mention of installing a NUMBER of apps, I still think he might mean a 6680, but its not clear, and he hasn't bothered to post a follow up.

Then, most importantly of all, there was not a jot of nastiness in my voice - re-read my post again, but imagine me talking in a friendly, kind of laughing "oops I think you might have got mixed up" kind of voice... Seriously try it mate... you'll see it all works perfectly, all makes sense, and all comes across not nasty then... try it and see...

That's the problem with typed text to spoken text - any intonation and tone is lost.

But be clear, there is not a jot of nastiness meant in my post.

Notwithstanding that, there IS an element of "oh come on man, read properly" frustration to my follow up post to the other user, but only to the extent that "I already deliberately covered that point, now YOU are not reading properly either" - in fact, the follow up query from the other postee just proves how little some people read these days.

But once again, no intent to be nasty... 1,300 posts, lots of them trying to help, and maybe only 100 of them deliberatley angry and chideish... that's a very very small percentage mate compared to those friendly or helping... Setting aside of course, I did still answer his point... "If it IS a 6280, you CAN'T reset, if instead you have a 6680, here is the code BUT ADDITIONALLY, here is the teqnique..."

Oh and on a more unrelated note, a Factory reset on a Series 40 Nokia does little indeed - it restores settings to as they were, but nothing more mate - no installed programs will be cleared, no custom themes deleted, no messages removed, no email or messaging settings reset etc etc - it merely sets the ringtone to as it was, changes the current theme (on Series 40 version 2 devices) to the default, and not a lot more besides. That's why I never even mentioned it. By design a Factory Reset as it is called, on a Series 40, clears no setting whatsoever, and merely AMENDS certain system values such as ringtone and theme and wallpaper and idle state font colour, to the default... But nothing at is set "cleared". HTH.

Can't really say that under those circumstances, I was THAT nasty now was I *lol*

And YOU might consider being nice to OLDIES like me, with no hair left, yourself

Edited by shadamehr

Guest sporkguy

lol fair enough fella... but I have no hair myself :P

In my experience, USING CAPS generally notes somebody shouting - its just the way I learned the net all those years ago ;)

(and just FYI, The other networks didnt have the 6280 before January because 3 had the exclusivity on it from Nokia until Feb)

Guest shadamehr
lol fair enough fella... but I have no hair myself :P

In my experience, USING CAPS generally notes somebody shouting - its just the way I learned the net all those years ago ;)

(and just FYI, The other networks didnt have the 6280 before January because 3 had the exclusivity on it from Nokia until Feb)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Information duly noted mate...

But during that time, are you really saying the other networks are not allowed to TEST it for compatibility???

??? I think not ???

And if so, given that during that time they could have been testing away, then it would have launched on the other nets the day the exclusitivity rights ended, if testing was complete.

The fact that they didn't and indeed some two months on, it is still nowehere near ready for O2 approval, or Orange approval, simply indicates that even without an exclusitivity period, the 6280, when launched in November, would still, at best, have been ready for launch with O2 and Orange, around February.

And even then, that's ASSUMING O2 and Orange can get it ready for release first week in May.

In other words, if three months after the exclusitivity period, it is finally ready to launch, then without an exclusitivity period, you could simply add three months from standard launch date (November) for it to have been ready.

That's the longest set back I've seen with O2 on any handset, and I have seen a few.

*lol*

Oh, and I was told that if you use ALL CAPS all the way through, that is indeed shouting.

BUT... if you use it only for certain words (LIKE THIS), you are merely drawing key emphasis to certain words, that text cannot convey like speech can...

No idea how true, but that's how my messages work when written.

Cheers mate - how goes ya T-Mobile contract now that you have signed up?

Never fancied a job with them instead? (It was you that left orange yes, or was it the other way round?)

Guest sporkguy
Information duly noted mate...

Cheers mate - how goes ya T-Mobile contract now that you have signed up?

Never fancied a job with them instead?  (It was you that left orange yes, or was it the other way round?)

Just waiting on delivery of my N70 now mate, looking forward to seeing what a new network can bring! (and unlimited GPRS/3G, bliss!)

I may well apply for a job with tmob after my holiday to Venice in a couple of weeks ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PcAddicted

Nokia 6280 ..I need help

can any one help me? i downloaded some java game and since then my nokia mobile phone ( nokia 6280) #(g3) is not working. mainly it keep switching off.

.i can not see the screen. screen it doesnt stay on. is ( restarting )

pls help me. thanks