235 replies to this topic

pedroms1

pedroms1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:SP5
Your phone isnt still full app unlocked. To fully app unlock your phone, you need to run this app with your phone connected via USB: http://www.modaco.co...e=post&id=16560

Maybe jameshpg will add it to his easier tutorial... But I'll stay with mine, as it also teaches how to port ppc apps to smartphone, so if you only want to install this emulator, you should use his step by step guide, as it is WAY easier.

By the way, you should run fakecursor.exe in the windows directory, before starting use iit with the IE (or Comm Manager) key.

Pedro

Edited by pedroms1, 04 March 2006 - 01:35 PM.

josh_lomas

josh_lomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:spv c550
ive done that but it still says "acsess denied: that program is not signed with a certified digital certifiicate" whats going on?

pedroms1

pedroms1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
If you want, you can try this page, where it explains how to app unlock, but if followed the instructions, it should be app unlocked. The site is: http://spaces.msn.com/xpworld/Blog/cns!...A!198.entry

If you cant do it, I cant help you more, but it really should do it. Maybe you should ask of somebedy's help, if it doesnt work.

Pedro

gitrooman

gitrooman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:smt5600
Every time i try and start Fakecursor, i get the certification messege , i hit yes and then my phone freezes. Also i'm not sure what you mean by assigning IE to fakecursor. could someone please elaborate for me? thanks.

pedroms1

pedroms1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Gitrooman, you should run the fakecursor.exe with file manager from the Windows directory. Assigning fakecursor to IE button is letting fakecursor start from pressing the IE button on the left side of C600. (In SP5 it is the Comm Manager button). By doing this you can start fake cursor while you are on the emulator. (wich is required to play the emulator). To assign IE or Comm Manager button to FakeCursor, just download the Sort_POC file, and unzip it to your \Windows directory.

Pedro

jameshpg

jameshpg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
hi,

i have submitted a modified guide now pedroms. hope you don't mind me taking some of your steps ;-)

team effort eh?

can you tell me how to overclock my c600 so we can add that to the guide too?

many thanks,

jameshpg

Silent.knight

Silent.knight

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:(Soon to be) MDA Touch
Hey, it won't let me copy short.poc to my phone as i can't copy the file type (apparently) and access is denied... what now?

jameshpg

jameshpg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Hey, it won't let me copy short.poc to my phone as i can't copy the file type (apparently) and access is denied... what now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey silent.knight,

are you sure that your phone is fully app unlocked? make sure that the 2 values in the registry have been changed. until its fully unlocked, you wont be able to do much with the /windows directory

regards,

jameshpg

josh_lomas

josh_lomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:spv c550

hey silent.knight,

are you sure that your phone is fully app unlocked? make sure that the 2 values in the registry have been changed. until its fully unlocked, you wont be able to do much with the /windows directory

regards,

jameshpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think me and the other dudes are having the same problem. My phone is DEFINATLEY app unlocked but im having exactly the same problem

jameshpg

jameshpg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I think me and the other dudes are having the same problem. My phone is DEFINATLEY app unlocked but im having exactly the same problem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey,

try copying the short_poc to somewhere else on your phone first (e.g my documents) and then use smart explorer to copy it into the /windows directory. i don't think activesync likes the file extension.

it can be done!!! keep trying!

pedroms - how do you overclock the c600 to make the emu run a bit smoother? also, is there any sound?

jameshpg

w411y

w411y

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • Devices:SPV M1500 & SPV C550
James.... look at post #2 of this thread. I posted a link to a programme allowing overclocking

Edited by w411y, 05 March 2006 - 05:23 PM.

Silent.knight

Silent.knight

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

hey,

try copying the short_poc to somewhere else on your phone first (e.g my documents) and then use smart explorer to copy it into the /windows directory. i don't think activesync likes the file extension.

jameshpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never really thought of that... Thanks - i'll try it - i'll tell you if it works

EDIT: nah, you can't send .ink files to phone... I know - i'll put it in zip then send then use phone to unzip.

EDIT2: Sorted-Now how do i assign a button for fakecursor?

Edited by Silent.knight, 05 March 2006 - 07:14 PM.

Silent.knight

Silent.knight

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I never really thought of that... Thanks - i'll try it - i'll tell you if it works

EDIT: nah, you can't send .ink files to phone... I know - i'll put it in zip then send then use phone to unzip.

EDIT2: Sorted-Now how do i assign a button for fakecursor?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and whenever i restart my phone - the files in the windows directory disappear

gitrooman

gitrooman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:smt5600
Whenever i try and execute the fakecoursor from filemanger my phone i get the confirm screen, then freezes up. Could it be that hte program isnt compatable with the smt 500, (c500 om europe)? btw whats the cpu speed on teh c600 and c500?

pedroms1

pedroms1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
To have the smoothest experience, I add the the emulator to the start menu, and installed SP Task Manager from Binarys.

Now, I've added SP TM Free Mem to Speed Dial Key 8, MorphGear (the emulator) to SpeedDial key 6 and OmapClock (the overclock program) to key 8.
Now, in the homescreen, I hold 8, and overclock to 240 Mhz and exit, the I hold 2 to free the most memory I can, and only then I hold 6 to start MorphGear. (It needs to be done often if you want to play 16Mb roms).

To download follow the link that Wally gave: ftp://xda:[email protected]/Uplo...pClock_v0.2.zip

Just a question, Wally, did you manage to get this working with your C550? (With Pirazu instead of FakeCursor)

w411y

w411y

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
Sorry man I havn't had the time I got to do preperation for my 10 hour exam :| Finishes Tuesday so I'll start looking into it Tuesday night for you mate ;) Bit of tension won't do no harm ;)

w411y

w411y

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
Cant get PIrazu to work dammit :| ;)

pedroms1

pedroms1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Cant get PIrazu to work dammit  :|  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cant help you there, I've never tried it, and it doesnt work on wm5 devices... Try to ask help on that topic, or if there isnt any topic about it, start one. I've already tried and the emulator opens in non wm5 devices, and (because it wasnt a QVGA screen), it resized to fit the screen. I believe it should work on those phones.

w411y

w411y

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
I'll start a new thread.... although the likelyhood of someone using this app on C550 is pretty low. I'll ask never the less.

jameshpg

jameshpg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users