MDA Compact 2 Accessories

Guest millec199

Guest millec199

Hi all,

Just ordered my MDA compact 2 (with Co-Pilot) on web and walk 200 and just wanted to check before I ordered lots of accessories that it is the same physical dimensions as the MDA compact 1 and that the accessories will work.

I am looking at getting a siedio car kit and a desktop cradle. Does anyone have any opinions on this one from mobilefun.

I am moving from a SPV C500 and a Dell Axim X50v and am hoping the MDA compact 2 will replace both of them.

Thanks

Guest Pondrew

Be wary. I understand the mini-usb and headphone socket are the opposite way round on the MDA Compact II compared to the MDA Compact. This will probably mean it DOESN'T fit Compact cradles...

Guest dave106
Be wary. I understand the mini-usb and headphone socket are the opposite way round on the MDA Compact II compared to the MDA Compact. This will probably mean it DOESN'T fit Compact cradles...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the reset button and microphone that are reversed. heres a pic of the jam

http://www.expansys.com/zoompic.asp?type=item&code=115557

Hi all,

Just ordered my MDA compact 2 (with Co-Pilot) on web and walk 200 and just wanted to check before I ordered lots of accessories that it is the same physical dimensions as the MDA compact 1 and that the accessories will work. 

I am looking at getting a siedio car kit and a desktop cradle.  Does anyone have any opinions on this one from mobilefun.

I am moving from a SPV C500 and a Dell Axim X50v and am hoping the MDA compact 2 will replace both of them.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got a Compact 1 Audio Cradle that I'm using on the 2 no problems - I think the confusion comes from the fact that some sellers on the internet incorrecly say they are different and I beleive the Orange 500 IS different.

• 3 months later...
Guest heather1a
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a siedio car kit and a desktop cradle. Does anyone have any opinions on this one from mobilefun.

Thanks

Hi There

NO they are not the same. I have a Compact 2 also, and the charging connector and headphone connector "bits" are the other way round to the Compact. I only found out by ordering a Car Mount, to find that it will not fit (but my hubbys phone does!!!)

Hope this is helpful :) :)

Guest jonajuna
Hi There

NO they are not the same. I have a Compact 2 also, and the charging connector and headphone connector "bits" are the other way round to the Compact. I only found out by ordering a Car Mount, to find that it will not fit (but my hubbys phone does!!!)

Hope this is helpful :) :)

you have different models somewhere

the MDA compact and the MDA compact II have the usb and 2.5mm jack in exactly the same place

the MDA compact and the MDA compact II have the usb and 2.5mm jack in exactly the same place

:plus1:

and I have the bits to prove it.

I think the confusion is whatever the Orange device is the connections on that are different

There is a Compact car cradle that isn't supposed to work on the compact II but I think thats to do with supplied software drivers.