PicoDrive 0.52 an updated version for PocketPC/SmartPhone

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

It is modified based on PicoDrive 0.30 for PPC, supports 176x220, QVGA and VGA for both PocketPC and SmartPhone now. Sound, 6-button gamepad features are added into the current version. Both zip and rar compressed rom are supported.

ChangLog

0.31 Update cyclone to 0.0082, add various display mode and smooth stretch, support both 176x220 and QVGA PPC and SP.

0.31 Fix the key setting dialog.

0.32 Add icon and fix key setting error.

0.40 Add sound support, some games has sound now, Add support for ziped rom, update cyclone to 0.0084

0.41 add 6-button gamepad support, some game running well(such as sf2plus)

0.42 add battery-backed ram support for some game less than 2MB, add 3-button/6-button setting, fix unable to save start key setting.

0.43 add battery-backed ram support for all game, fix 3-button/6-button setting dialog

0.43a fix uncompressed and gziped rom loading problem, fix save state becomes a replay problem.

0.43b fix the bug for unable loading bin or smd file which introduced in 0.43a, add menu key(used for pause game) setting, fix WM5 system key setting problem

0.44 add z80, dac, psg emulation, most game play with sound correctly, add frame limit setting

0.45 fix some memory handling (some from PicoDriveN 0.8, thanks notaz), add VGA support, fix display problem when receive a phone call

0.45a fix SRAM save problem

0.46 merge cyclone 0.0083(from PicoDriveN 0.8) to 0.0084, add new portrait large display mode, add banking mechanism support(Super Street Fighter 2 is able to run now), add fast render(from PicoDriveN 0.8), add screen pad for PocketPC, fix z80 unable to disable, update screen pad skin(thanks philipfei@IOICN)

0.46a add screen pad in landscape left mode, fix the display position error when enable fast render.

0.47 add shadow&highlight effect support, fix video status when go into the display section, add screen pad setting, optimize z80 a bit, able to load old save state now, add accurate frame emulate(disable fast render will enable accurate frame emulate), reorganize the screen button position

0.48 update cyclone to 0.0086

0.49 update cyclone to 0.00861 which is a bug fix version, rewrite portrait mode code, it will stretch to full screen when screenpad is disabled.

0.50 add more accurate HV counter emulation, rewrite all landscape blitter to auto full screen for both 40 columns and 32 columns games, rewrite QVGA portrait blitter to avoid a large black block at the bottom of the screen in 1.49, optimize fast render a bit, rewrite window refresh codes, the title bar will not dispear when pause, and the game image when paused is correct now

0.51 add MDX format rom support, add rar compressed rom support, add keep aspect ratio display mode again, fix the fps limit editbox unable to delete, improve sound sample rate setting combobox.

0.52 add mode key, use new input engine, set init savestate name to game name, tgetfile.dll is not necessary on pocketpc now, add landscape qvga and other nonstandard resolution support, remove bx opcode for strongArm devices

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

PicoDrive.zip

Edited by masterall

works quite well on my c550

sonic 2, 3 - fine

The Punisher - direction controls are messed up

Golden axe 3 - fine

There seems to be some weirdness with the joystick, movement is stuttering in some directions but only when that direction is pressed, this doesnt always happen.

No sound so far

The overall speed is good, sonic 3 and tails was a bit slow at times but totally playable

nice work :)

Edited by sSword

Guest hypola

hey hey brillant work!!!! sonic 1 works nerly fully with 44100 khz sound with a bit of overclocking of my trusty spv c500 :) sonic 2 + 3 + 3d blast or steets of rage 3 with no sound :cry: :cry: but its comin along nicely

Edited by hypola

Guest masterall
Hmm.. Curious. I'll try sonic 3. Also, is the tgetfil meant to pop up that message regularly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tgetfile is used for openfile only.

Well, input is somewhat wield since the 6-button gamepad support is not perfect, I'll add a 3-button gamepad and 6-button gamepad select option to solve it.

Sound is available on sf2 series, Golden Axe 3 and some FTG as far as I know.

Edited by masterall

Guest CharlyV

Excellent work, masterall

It exist a problem with the FileOpenDialog on Pocket PC WM2003 by using the free version of tgetfile.dll (Pocket PC Version !).

See the picture.

tgetfile.jpg

Best Regards,

CharlyV

Edited by CharlyV

Guest masterall
Excellent work, masterall

It exist a problem with the FileOpenDialog on Pocket PC WM2003 by using the free version of tgetfile.dll (Pocket PC Version !).

See the picture.

tgetfile.jpg

Best Regards,

CharlyV

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, because I used a tried version of tgetfile, the dialog will appear when you open a rom.

Guest masterall
Hello masterall,

why you not use the free gsGetFile.dll for Pocket PC ?

The free source (international version) is already available.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't connect to the site... Is it also has a smartphone version?

Would you post its files here?

Your list is great! I also modify some other emulator, such as pocketsnes. However, it is running at decent speed on SP while running not too fast on PPC.

Guest CharlyV

Here the attached gsGetFile. A special SmartPhone version not exist, so far I know.

Yes, i know your other ports. :)

Like the PocketSNES 1.51, PocketGBAdvance and PocketNesterPlus.

Unfortunately, all your emulators have the problem with the nag screen of the trial version of tgetfile. It make the handling not very comfortable.

It will be great, if you find a solution for that.

As I said, the problem exist only on Pocket PC by using the Pocket PC version (tgetfile.dll).

Xie xie !

gsgetfile.zip

Edited by CharlyV

Guest CharlyV

@masterall

If you want keep using the SmartPhone version of tGetFile, may you can make a separate version for PPC which use gsGetFile and for further touchscreen support for virtual d-pads (PocketSNES/PocketNesterPlus) ?

Edited by CharlyV

Guest dapsaille

Hi .

Sorry if this is not the good place to ask this question but i've read that someone have succesfully used this modified pico exe with a spv c500 (not c550 or c600) is this true ?

Thanks in advance and thanks for your great work ^^

EDIt= and heuu what is ppc (probably pocket pc?) and SP ?? O_o

Edited by dapsaille

Guest Smartastic

SP=smartPhone

PPC= pocket pc

should work on any smartphone, also your spv 500

@CharlyV

where can i find masterall's other ports: pocketsnes and gba, is that also for smartphone ?

Kickoff 3 has sound, only in-game, the menu music and stuff does not work, i tested with GENS on my pc and there it plays all the music but it looks like not all soundchips are emulated (?) right...GENS( great genesis emu for pc, open source) for example shows a lot of soundchips....and plays all sounds ..

but if SF 2 and Sonic1 have good sounds i think in the future it should be possible for a lot if not all games,

good work masterall !

Guest masterall
@masterall

If you want keep using the SmartPhone version of tGetFile, may you can make a separate version for PPC which use gsGetFile and for further touchscreen support  for virtual d-pads (PocketSNES/PocketNesterPlus) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@CharlyV

Well, I will check the gsGetFile and find out if it can be modifid and used on SmartPhone. I prefer to maintain one version instead of two. Virtual pads features will definitely be added later.

BTW: Are you Chinese?

@Smartastic

Yes, PicoDrive only emulates 68k and ym2612 chips, other chip for sound producing like z80 and PSG76489 are not emulated yet. It is not hard to add these chips emulation, but the z80 emulation may heavily slow down the emulation speed. I will add z80 and PSG76489 emulation to Picodrive, and leave a option to enbale z80 or disable it. Thus PicoDrive will still has good speed.

@Jamma14

The other versions of picodrive use a dll called filedialogsp.dll, but I can't find its source code or more informations. If it may be used in both PocketPC and SmartPhone, it will also be a good choice.

Guest CharlyV
@CharlyV

Well, I will check the gsGetFile and find out if it can be modifid and used on SmartPhone. I prefer to maintain one version instead of two. Virtual pads features will definitely be added later.

BTW: Are you Chinese?

Glad to hear, you will change the file dialog. For the virtual pad support, I understand that´s haven´t highest priority yet.

I am German but my wife is Chinese (Lanxi).

Edited by CharlyV

Guest Smartastic

kewl..new version :) upload plz.

games i can confirm that have sound:

-REVENGE OF SHINOBI

-STREET OF RAGE

-WORLD CUP ITALIA '90

-WARRIOR OF ROME 2

-STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO

-STREET FIGHTER 2 PLUS SPECIAL CHAMPIONS EDITIONS

-STREET FIGHTER 2 SPECIAL CHAMPIONS EDITIONS

-SONIC 1

-GOLDEN AXE 3

-GUNSTAR HEROES: sound fully working, controller doesnt work, prolly due the 6 button controller

- KICK OFF 3: only "in-game" sound (no menusound and stuff)

so this "maybe" could be usefull for masterall or other users who like to have games with sound :D

Guest masterall
Just saw a version 0.0.42 exist.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0.042 has some bugs for key setting, I will upload 0.043 soon. :?:

Guest masterall
The "Z80" Option is greay and cannot be activated on my ppc (Qtek S100).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Z80 is not supported yet. I put the option there for future use.

Guest djtwok

Thanks for your info, i got a new strange problem: the buttons work, but they are also still mapped to their phone functions. i.e. if i press the phone contacts button (mapped to "b" button) the action mapped to b happens in the game, but also my phone contacts are opened. Z80: maybe you want to look @ picodrive n for uiq where z80 is emulated ?