PicoDrive 0.52 an updated version for PocketPC/SmartPhone

Guest masterall

Guest djtwok

I still wasnt able to set to three button mode. Every button is like i have acrivated autofire (even the direction buttons). in original picodrive for ppc this problem doesnt appear.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest doudz

hey masterall !!!!

I test you new version of picodrive (0.44, that I dl on ioicn), the sound is working but sonic 2 and 3 crash after sega screen tittle... picodrive shut down and i m coming back on the homescreen....

cheers

Guest Smartastic

yea i tested version 0.44 too from IOICN, plz make an english version !

also a lot of roms crash now like ultimate mortal kombat 3, sonic 2+3, paperboy, pete sampras tennis, prince of percia, international superstar soccer ..

I'm not even sure this is masterall's port cuz it also says: squllcx

but it has Z80 and some other sound chip emulated ! grt, though speed difference is very noticable, i think it still needs a lot of tweaking but it is a huge step already, well done coders ;)

Guest kevinsephiroth

for those who wanna a custom english tgetfile.dll without prompt every 5 save/load state or rom:

i don't know how much time it will last on rapidshare so grab it now (if you are like me and hate having a window popping up every five load rom or state)

this file is to put in your windows directory, and replace the older one. it will work for pocketnester, pocketsnes, and picodrive (all ports of masterall).

(credit goes to mavipolo who made it)TgetFille.DLL.zip

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest kevin701

Nice work, masterall !

the emulation is simply great, it looks like I have a genesis inside my Pocket PC !

I personnaly adapted the original Picodrive 0.30 from Dave / Finalburn to have full QVGA rotated screen on my PPC (works fine, but no sound at all).

The only thing I added is 'virtual buttons', that is I can tap the right part of the screen to emulate 3 genesis buttons (top of screen = A, center = B, bottom = C).

I understand it's useless on a smartphone, but it's very - very - convenient on a PPC in landscape mode.

I can give you some source code if needed (it seems that you won't give yours ;) )

Kevin

Guest zfunk007

Alright Masterall, figured I'd share a bug report with you to help you out. I did notice that more of the games have sound now and it sounds pretty good. Although, every time I break out of the game to the main menu and then try and go back all I get is a blank grey screen, or the emulator simply freezes. Also, I can't change the frame skip rate from 60. The back button on my phone doesn't work for some reason when I try in your emulator. So the only 2 I can have is 0 frame skip and 60 frame skip. Neither of which runs particularly good with sound, although it does work, just not the greatest frame rate.

As it stands the earlier version worked better for most games because it was more stable and breaking out to the menu didn't cause the emulator to go into a blank screen. The frame rate also isn't that good since I can't change the frame rate from 0 or 60 (my phone is overclocked to 264Mhz, so it should run pretty well, my SNES emulator does).

Just a few notes. If those few problems were fixed it would be fantastic. The progress is coming along great. Keep up the good work!

EDIT:

Ok, I guess it's not frame skip, it's frame limit I was talking about. I put it to 60 and it works a lot better than 0 but the game jumps around a bit. But I can't change it from those 2 values. Anyone else having the same problem? Emulator is great by the way!

Edited by zfunk007

Guest masterall

@kevin701

Your source will be great helpful! Actually, I'm working on the virtual keypad for the 0.46 version, and possible autofire. 0.46 will support bank mechanism which will be able to play Super Street Fighter 2. More, 0.46 will add a new display mode called "Portrait Large" to enlarge the picture for games only have 256x224 resolution.

@zfunk007

The frame limit is not full functional yet. The frame limit value is able to modify on PocketPC. But your biggest problem encountered that emulator halted when pause and resume has never occured on my C500.

Did the problem occur for all the display mode(Portrait,Landscpae)? And you don't have such problem on 0.43a, right?

Guest masterall
thanks for update picodrive 0.45a

h have problem withe stop and resume game

when i stop the game i can't resume the game

Your SmartPhone is WM5 and QVGA, isn't it?

Guest kevinsephiroth
Just downloaded the new version. Going to try it out. I'm excited!

hi everybody. can someone please send me or post a zip file of the new 0.045 picodrive of masterall? i am on pocket internet explorer and i can t download rar files... and i don t have opera...

thanks

well now i am at home it's ok i will install opera 8 then next time i will be able to download RAR files from my device.

well now i have the updated 0.45 picodrive too!!!

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest CharlyV

Version 0.46

Good job, masterall !

I hope the gsgetfile.dll support (especially for Pocket PC) is coming soon.

Screenshot (iPAQ 5450 WM2003 QVGA Pocket PC)

pc_capture1.jpg

Edited by CharlyV

Guest kevinsephiroth

well thanks masterall!

results:

ok most of games have sound now! and those that already have sound before v0.44 (such as Phantasy Star IV, Sonic the EdgeHog ...) now have full music and sound!

secondly, now we don't have the bug of the grey screen when pausing with back button and then resuming (my phone is QVGA and WM5.0) anymore! great!

BUT

i noticed that the speed decrease a lot ...

my game of PS IV is well, not erased, but i cannot load my save game or my savestate of picodrive too...

I hope in your future next releases of picodrive (0.47, 0.48 .... 0.5 ... 1.0?) i will be possible to load a game from a previous version of your emu (ex: from 0.46 to the next emu )

EDIT

well it is pretty FAST! with your new option enabled "Fast Render not accurate" !!!! i think i don't have to stay at 276MHz anymore (like speed throthling in pocketGnuBoy for playing Dragon Warrior III remake, a GBC rom of 4MO!!)

thanks for all master(all) ! ;)

Guest kevinsephiroth
Version 0.46

Good job, masterall !

I hope the gsgetfile.dll support (especially for Pocket PC) is coming soon.

Screenshot (iPAQ 5450 WM2003 QVGA Pocket PC)

pc_capture1.jpg

what is the gsgettfille? i assume i saw this file in morphgear ...

well if you're talking about TgetFille.dll see my post above!

Guest CharlyV
what is the gsgettfille? i assume i saw this file in morphgear ...

well if you're talking about TgetFille.dll see my post above!

Well, the gsgetfile is an (free open source) dynamic link library for the file open dialog compare to tgetfile.

Guest CharlyV
Well, the gsgetfile is an (free open source) dynamic link library for the file open dialog compare to tgetfile.

@kevinsephiroth

I saw your modified tgetfile.dll for Smartphones but it is not helpful for the Pocket PC.

Guest jutley

the latest vershion works fine on my orange spv c600 clocked at 252mhz no problems now great job only one thing is it possible to strech the screen abit more verticaly on potrait mode for smartphone would be nice cause playing games in landscape mode is very hard due to the positioning of the buttons i rather play in potrait but have a bigger fuller screen hope this can be done cause its the only thing and this would knock the socks of anyone elses megadrive emulator thanks again

Guest CharlyV

3 reasons why using gsgetfile as open source:

1.) no nag screen because is free

2.) one file for the 2 platforms (Smartphone/Pocket PC)

3.) legal way (no need hack/crack for tsgetfile.dll)

Guest jutley

little bug on latest vershion on some games when your playing and you use the back menu button to go back to main menu to load another rom it wont load another rom just doesnt do anything you have to exit the app then fire it up again has anyone else had this problem irms using spv c600 with aku2 update fully app unlocked.

Guest jutley

ok i have solved the problem in my above statment i keymaped the keylock button to a game button so i used a alternative button and now it works fine on the spv c600 the drop call button also locks the keypad this was causing a problem when this button was used as a game button just a little tip if anyone else is expirencing the same problem you know what to do now.